The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Went to an AD few weeks ago, said about 10 months for a 114060

Why not go with a grey?

I did for my two. The Day Date had no papers or box but it was significantly less than what other people wanted.

The the Datejust II I got was a little more but it came with box and papers and dated the day I purchased it with an AD stamp too.

Why not go with a grey?

I did for my two. The Day Date had no papers or box but it was significantly less than what other people wanted.

The the Datejust II I got was a little more but it came with box and papers and dated the day I purchased it with an AD stamp too.
Honestly after seeing what you guys found in Rolex forums, there’s deals to be had. I kinda want a date now BUT might have some plans later in the year so might have to put a time piece on hold. Was hoping to get it this year but probably gonna have to wait

basically it was a sub or a Tudor but I checked out some tudors in person the last few weeks, great watches but basically I feel like every time I’d wear it I’d be saying I wish it was a Rolex :lol: Considering it looks kinda like one. could just take the 3.5-4K I spent on that and wait.

now those plans prob out the window for now

Last edited:
Rolex Day-Date 18038 Onyx Dial

b5b15155ba18a254b60d79d7d1a7937e99184d5d.jpg

My "grail" timepiece. Looking to own sometime in the near future.

So I walked throughout the LA jewelry district through vendors trying to find the DJ2 but this guy was selling this for dirt cheap. It's a Day Date II and we negotiated a cash price which was well below what they're going for. I call this a come up. Just wish it was yellow gold.

we still talking about this DD? ended up being legit?

Why not go with a grey?

frank mucus frank mucus : There's a lot of fakes out there , as you well know from experience

Find a new AD, because under no circumstances should a 114060 take that long.

Both of mine purchased earlier this year took between 1-3 weeks. Different ADs.

Eh, I think a lot of it depends on location, your spend, and relationship with the AD.

I'm on a waitlist too and the AD said I should have it by May.

Looking for a little help in locating a Seiko “Flightmaster” SNA411, any tips or links are greatly appreciated. Happy sunday everyone

Paying a certain amount doesn’t mean it’s real.

Man, if anything post it up (or get a legit check), sooner the better so you could possibly get a refund. I’d be sick to my stomach if I bought anything for 16k and it wasn’t the real deal.

Man, if anything post it up (or get a legit check), sooner the better so you could possibly get a refund. I’d be sick to my stomach if I bought anything for 16k and it wasn’t the real deal.
I don’t know the water or anyone who’s involved but many and I mean many people with money get taken advantage of. There’s very and I mean VERY good fakes out there that would fool all of us even if you own a legit one

whomever, wherever post it up or get it checked someone A S A P

My watches are real...

My Datejust II came with the box and papers and the DD II has to be real. I only paid $16k for it and as far as I know fakes are only $50

He posted it a few weeks ago and several folks in here told him it was fugazi.

thinking about buying my first rolex in the future not sure which model to go after is there any in particular that hold value or go up over the others?

thinking about buying my first rolex in the future not sure which model to go after is there any in particular that hold value or go up over the others?

There are certain models but most ADs are out of stock or you'll be put on a nonexistent wait list which you'll have to go grey and then pay the marked up prices anyways and when it comes time to resell you'll be happy if you break even

he has been asked to post more pics numerous times then he ghosts. Don’t even bother.

I tell all my friends the same thing, when it comes to not losing money, there’s no real guarantee unless you get something like a steel Daytona for retail or a preowned model that’s far beyond it’s depreciation curve. Since the Daytona is very unlikely, I would look into a 5 digit model late 90s early 2000’s. Your money is likely to stay put, but it won’t appreciate much if anything at all.

if you want something newer get a 126300 for 7k or less. You won’t lose more than 500 bucks in 5 years or more.

If things continue as they are, I don’t think any sports model is in the question considering Grey market pricing vs. long term gains.

For those looking. ADs in the west and south west (AZ, NV and UT) are slowly putting SS pieces out (explorers, ExpII’s and OP’s)

subs and SD’s still not out on display but stock is there. With Rolex shutting down for a few weeks, what’s in inventory now, is it for a while. FYI

Back
Top Bottom