The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I fail to see how anyone could be conned into buying a fake gold watch, given the fact that gold feels different to the touch and weighs a heck of a lot more than steel.

First Oris Diver. Been a champ. Seems solid overall. Still on the lookout for a Grand Seiko at a decent price/value.
1DAB9C0F-7618-477C-A733-5F231FB76CF8.jpeg

First Oris Diver. Been a champ. Seems solid overall. Still on the lookout for a Grand Seiko at a decent price/value.
1DAB9C0F-7618-477C-A733-5F231FB76CF8.jpeg
This model really doesn't seem to get as much love as it deserves. 39mm?

Last edited:
I fail to see how anyone could be conned into buying a fake gold watch, given the fact that gold feels different to the touch and weighs a heck of a lot more than steel.
my sources tell me tungsten carbide has a destiny of 15.63 g/cm³ where 18k gold is 16.5 g/cm³ . they also suggest that you're very limited in shaping tungsten carbide but I think Movado & others have used it before.

my sources tell me tungsten carbide has a destiny of 15.63 g/cm³ where 18k gold is 16.5 g/cm³ . they also suggest that you're very limited in shaping tungsten carbide but I think Movado & others have used it before.

If you drop tungsten on pavement it will shatter into a million pieces.

Still waiting for my FPJ CB. Been on the waitlist for 3.5 years now. It's really the only piece missing from my collection. With this impending recession, I don't see myself getting anything else anytime soon.

Interesting, still love the Snowflake (SBGA211) and the Timeless "Blizzard" ( SBGE249) by GS.

GSSBGD205.PNG

Think I'm going to pass on that Seiko and save up a bit more to get the Khaki X Wind from Hamilton. Love the detail of it

Is this watch like 50k? :lol:
there is a day date on fleabay rn which has that dial for $49950 but it has an ice bezel & lugz. says the diamonds are factory but I prefer the watch cheeman posted. the lapis dials look very nice on the older day dates too, I am sure they would look nice on a modern Rolex but they look especially good on the old models w/ the brush finish on the lugz.

there is a day date on fleabay rn which has that dial for $49950 but it has an ice bezel & lugz. says the diamonds are factory but I prefer the watch cheeman posted. the lapis dials look very nice on the older day dates too, I am sure they would look nice on a modern Rolex but they look especially good on the old models w/ the brush finish on the lugz.

is the marble dial i posted hard to get? i legit never saw it before that picture (also im a watch novice)

is the marble dial i posted hard to get? i legit never saw it before that picture (also im a watch novice)
I think so? I see no others w/ that dial on fleabay & chrono24. they say the watch is from 1990 or 1991. I have never scene it before & I used to look at older day dates on fleabay often around 9-10 years ago but then I never looked at many past $15,000. there is a loose 20mm marble dial on fleabay for I guess a woman's datejust for $1495, seller says it's factory. looks like sum1 was selling a 118238 (what I would consider a modern Rolex) that had that dial for $29,950 Canadian dollars obo elsewhere. I don't know how much you should pay for a 118238 tho. safe to say the dial is very expensive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom