The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

new pins will help but the links also arent solid so really not much you can do about it and i dont think getting it serviced will help, my suggestion is get new bracelets or put it on a strap in the meantime

there are places that can tighten it back up for you but i am not sure how much those run and what the turnarounds like

never got anything done from him but came across this guy a while back

You could also check out Rolliworks. I think they're in SF and they do laser welding and etc repairing bracelets which do the "lean back"

One thing about the jewelry district, and I'm sure wear rare airs wear rare airs can speak on this further, is there's a massive level of collusion that goes on amongst the dealers.

You might find the odd deal here and there, but they will take a loss by wholesaling to another dealer before they take a loss selling to a retail customer.

And under no circumstances would they ever sell a watch for $10k under market to a random guy walking by. It just doesn't work like that.

Anyway...

Tempted to see if my AD buddy can source me a ceramic bezel.

kagny0.jpg

Last edited:
One thing about the jewelry district, and I'm sure wear rare airs wear rare airs can speak on this further, is there's a massive level of collusion that goes on amongst the dealers.

You might find the odd deal here and there, but they will take a loss by wholesaling to another dealer before they take a loss selling to a retail customer.

And under no circumstances would they ever sell a watch for $10k under market to a random guy walking by. It just doesn't work like that.

Anyway...

Tempted to see if my AD buddy can source me a ceramic bezel.

kagny0.jpg

yes, lots of collusion. When I asked around for a meteorite GMT very recently, I had 5 sources send me the same exact pictures of the watch with 5 different prices lol. Yet they all had it “in hand”.

That was the worst reference points I've seen to date. Dude put me and the host to sleep.

That breitling is awesome.

The speedmaster speedy tuesday black dial white sub-dial is a thing of beauty. Too bad it's a manual.

That RM video is pretty informative. I still don't like the watches and the brand but I somewhat understand it more.

Had no idea AP owns a 10% stake

doesnt even make sense because whatever they reveal they're not gon be available til 3/4 of the year and whatever steel model they reveals not gon' get into most peoples hands for years anyways

Back
Top Bottom