The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Tudors are in demand like that?

Sheesh…

For this one there was

2021-Tudor-Black-Bay-Chrono-Panda-Black-Bezel-79360N-review-1.jpg

I remember the guy told me there was a list 500 people deep and it would take at minimum 4 years till I would get one.

not all tudors but some like that panda dial moves quick

surprisingly, a lot of the 36mm black bay are gone too, the last few visits i made to the AD, they had none

And all of those dipsticks are going to be reselling the plastic cased quartz watches to idiots for triple retail…This has PS5 / Series X vibes all over it…Not limited in production, but people will find a way to buy out entire allotments every time they become available…If Swatch Group won’t make these limited the aftermarket sure as hell will…

people went nuts for it, the watch industry wasnt prepared for hypebeast type of release so its theyre going to make a bigger deal about it than they should

im just gon wait it out

Hype is too wild. will wait for online or a restock. What were thinking with initially allowing 2 per person with suck a low stock

Screenshot_20220326-081503.png

Screenshot_20220326-081726.png

Screenshot_20220326-074707.png
Yeah I’ll wait until they’re easily accessible and maybe grab on or two, but I have a real speedy so not stressing it.

swatch announced on instagram that they were gon limit it to 1 per customer but obviously the store didnt get the memo

its either they didnt know the hype its gon bring or they intentionally limited it build hype, im gon go with the second scenario because they should be easy to make being plastic with a quartz movement and all

it probably far exceeded their expectation but they knew what they were doing

omega being under the swatch umbrella is really the only one capable of it, hell omega people didnt even want to do it but the swatch execs got to them

maybe other watches in the swatch group but with who? breguet? that will kill their image and might as well kill the brand plus they dont really have a design as iconic as the speedy

there really isnt many iconic watches out there that has a cheap sister company that can make them

richemont and lvmh are the other big companies but lvmh has tag, zenith, bulgari and hublot so thats not happening, even tags gon be in the thousands
richemont has cartier, panerai, jlc, montblanc, piaget, vc, etc… so none of those can produce watches in the hundreds

seiko kind of been in that lane
no way in hell rolex is going to do it, tudors gon be their cheapest alternative
AP, Patek, A Lange, VC, etc… not happening because they actually value their luxury image

i think swatch can just keep doing this like make a seamaster but if their goal is to keep losing omega sales and just ruin the brand image then go for it :lol:

The videos of Europe and Asia were wild, several releases were postponed. U.S. release was manageable. Heard the King of Prussia, PA was the worst. My friend got one at WTC, camped since Midnight lol
Screenshot_20220326-114306.png

IMG_4057.jpg
Thought about going to WTC as it’s the closest one to me but I knew how it was gonna go lol

They’ll end up flooding the market with these.

Reminds me of how limited and sold out the Timex was (definitely not on the same level with only online). Honestly have no idea why anyone would pay the resell prices on these.

Back
Top Bottom