The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

20220327_103239.jpg

its insane what people can deduce from those quick shots of macro :rofl:

some are like “oh thats a YM” and “thats a gmt” or “its a platinum skydweller”

i thought i love watches but i guess i just like them :lol:

Jupiter is the one. Put that on an orange strap... fire. Hope to score one at a later date.

Too bad waterproof it's a 3bar... terrible.

Not sure it's true, but I could have sworn I read something Saturday night, on a watch blog who got one early to review said that alternative straps won't work on it for some reason. I believe they said there were no spring bars. Again, not sure how this would be (unless the strap has the quick release pins built into them). Trying to find out if this is true or not. Hopefully Swatch decides to release different color straps for these in time to really have people make their watches their own.

Quartz movement and made of plastic? 😂🤡

So? Some of us just can't spend the $6K for a real new Speedmaster, including myself. I think it's a novel idea and once they restock I'll grab one (probably Neptune for the blue touches). I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to buy a real Speedmaster, or my ultimate grail watch, a Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 Gulf edition (my dream) but I just can't drop that kind of money on a watch. I covet my Tag Formula One Gulf edition my wife got me for Christmas a few years back and that was under $2K (and I thought it was too much). But I LOVE that piece (and I honestly teared up when I unwrapped it). But these Swatch watches, to me, are fun and I'm okay with it.

^ ^ ^

would have been genius if the etched a footprint on the moon and then thats the mark thats left on your wrist

So? Some of us just can't spend the $6K for a real new Speedmaster, including myself. I think it's a novel idea and once they restock I'll grab one (probably Neptune for the blue touches). I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to buy a real Speedmaster, or my ultimate grail watch, a Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 Gulf edition (my dream) but I just can't drop that kind of money on a watch. I covet my Tag Formula One Gulf edition my wife got me for Christmas a few years back and that was under $2K (and I thought it was too much). But I LOVE that piece (and I honestly teared up when I unwrapped it). But these Swatch watches, to me, are fun and I'm okay with it.
nothing wrong with it

more so with the hype and them selling for $1k+

IDIOTIC

$260, great watch but I wouldn't buy one since not a fan of the strap.

Not sure it's true, but I could have sworn I read something Saturday night, on a watch blog who got one early to review said that alternative straps won't work on it for some reason. I believe they said there were no spring bars. Again, not sure how this would be (unless the strap has the quick release pins built into them). Trying to find out if this is true or not. Hopefully Swatch decides to release different color straps for these in time to really have people make their watches their own.

They have regular 20mm spring bars, can definitely change straps easily

i find some of these yt vloggers (not lovely jenni) says “its just a watch, its not that serious” when people criticize a watch but its like dude, your main source of income is making videos about watches but its not that serious?

:lol:

its like when people use the excuse “dont you like fun? why do you hate fun?” try telling will that after last night :lol:

apologies for the late night ramblings

My feed was full of them with different straps
Honestly, some colorways look so amazing.
Favorite I’ve seen was Jupiter with a brown leather strap.
Wonder when’s next restock
I’ll be in Vegas this weekend and they got a store there.

Back
Top Bottom