The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Hi,

I don't know your stature but a thing you might want to consider is the size of that piece. According to the website its 44mm which is pretty large especially if your looking at pieces similar to nomos which tend to range from 38-40mm.

I would suggest Tissot. They make a number of watches within that price range with a similar kind of look to some nomos pieces. They have the added advantage of the new powermatic movement which gives you up to 80 hours power reserve. Hamilton also make some very good field watches that resemble some of the IWC models.

I actually didn't think of the sizing. Always hated seeing huge watches on wrists.

I like this Tissot watch but these type of bands always turn me off.

Amazon product ASIN B005DDCOD0
Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme Thanks, never heard of this brand before. Love the clean look. Exactly what I was looking for.

Amazon product ASIN B000KB0QEE
I need to learn more about bands.

5711 going for $75k now!? That is absolutely insane
Basic watch almost entering complications territory :sick:

5164 almost 65k now too. :wow: If it hits 150k I'm cashing out and getting a grand complication :lol:

Was going to suggest the Max Bill as well, but iirc it's beyond his budget. Not sure about the quartz version.

To the guy wondering about the strap changes... It's a whole other rabbit hole. :lol:Easy enough to learn with the proper tools.

Last edited:
IMG_20190627_095756.jpg

just copped a patek, next time I'll go for the ice bezel.

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_095731.jpg
    IMG_20190627_095731.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 11
IMG_20190627_095756.jpg

just copped a patek, next time I'll go for the ice bezel.

I mean no disrespect but sir I do believe your watch to be fake or at best a Frankenwatch which I doubt. The date window on Patek Philippe Nautilus is always on the minute track. On your model it appear within the dial. Also the fact that you took the picture on what looks to be a Nokia from 1999 leaves me this to believe this is fake.

As someone who doesnt care for panerai luminor watches, am i in the minority? My friends (that are into watches) love them and i just dont get it. :lol:

As someone who doesnt care for panerai luminor watches, am i in the minority? My friends (that are into watches) love them and i just dont get it. :lol:

nah, its an acquired taste but it does have a following

it exploded to the watch world when gigantic jacobs watches were the trend

overall its still a nice watch that has their own look so its gon' have followers

I personally don't and have never understood the fascination with panerai. I think there was a specific window in time when they were in fashion. I guess that if you have a larger wrist it may be better suited. By coincidence this just came up on my YouTube feed -

Last edited:

I appreciate them from a distance. I think they got popular because they were the antithesis to iced out crap from the early 00s. I don’t really care to own or wear them though.

I mean no disrespect but sir I do believe your watch to be fake or at best a Frankenwatch which I doubt. The date window on Patek Philippe Nautilus is always on the minute track. On your model it appear within the dial. Also the fact that you took the picture on what looks to be a Nokia from 1999 leaves me this to believe this is fake.

This comment was so respectful yet so hilarious
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

People are very sensitive nowadays so I make sure I use my words wisely. That being said it took a lot to be respectful with the level of fraudulent behaviour on display. It took even more with the level of audacity displayed when he wanted to add some sauce to it by saying next time like they are easily affordable and there isn't a year + waitlist at an AD for one even if you had the money. Anyway I think Mr "Iced Out" is fairly young and hopefully this is a lesson learned. It's a shame as the money spent on the fake could probably bought him something we would all respect.

Last edited:

I like them a lot. That black ceramic with the blue hints on the brown strap is a thing of beauty. Would I drop $9k on it, no.

That, a speedy, and the blancpain FF barakuda would all be on my list if I had the spending money.

People are very sensitive nowadays so I make sure I use my words wisely. That being said it took a lot to be respectful with the level of fraudulent behaviour on display. It took even more with the level of audacity displayed when he wanted to add some sauce to it by saying next time like they are easily affordable and there isn't a year + waitlist at an AD for one even if you had the money. Anyway I think Mr "Iced Out" is fairly young and hopefully this is a lesson learned. It's a shame as the money spent on the fake could probably bought him something we would all respect.
Don't know which is worse, this or the guys that flex with pics from Google Images :lol:

I don’t see it as disrespectful at all because I view it from the stand point that Leebro is educating this fellow who by all we know may or may not of fell victim to fraudulent seller.

Back
Top Bottom