The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Im a stranger here, im not really a watch fanatic by any means but my homies pops grabbed a Patek Philippe Nautilus and lord. Thang is :sick::smh::pimp:.

I think Royal Oaks were my favorite but the Nautilus is way cleaner.

Been a huge watch guy for a long time now. Been a goal of mine to own a Rolex before turning 40.
On March 1st I went into my local AD (a larger chain in Michigan). I talked to a SA and told her I wanted a DJ36 with smooth bezel. Bracelet didn’t matter to me. We exchanged numbers and I texted her the watches I liked from the Rolex website. She contacted me the next day and said she could place an order for black dial, smooth bezel, oyster bracelet (which actually was my first choice). She said it could take up to a year to come in. But once my “order” was placed with Rolex I was good. She did not take a deposit. I did have to return to the store to “sign” for my order. But no money was exchanged. She said it’s just a waiting game now but my watch would be coming at some point.

looks like it wont be limited and will be available online later on

i might be interested in 3-4 colors but its gon depend how they look in person

omega.png

yah that info is wrong, based on watch forums, there are more stores that will sell it as stated a vegas store is not listed but they will have some in stock

I'm assuming the one at Fashion Show Mall?

So why are these so hyped right now? They haven't even announced prices yet, have they?

anytime you have a cheaper version of something expensive that isnt fake or bootleg, its going to be popular as that opens it up for more people to be able to afford them

we have seen these in fashion/sneakers

its not exact but its very close and it is technically made by omega, if you dont care about the movement of the watch, would you pay $250 for the first pic or $7k for the second pic? even if you care for the movement, $250 is almost chump change if you can dispose of $7k for a watch, hell tax on the actual speedy is more than double the price of the swatch version :lol:

plus its going to be extremely limited the first time around and again as NTers we know how it goes, resellers gon eat em all up and capitalize on people who wants now and pay more than retail making them even more hyped and harder to find

moonswatch.png

omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-co-axial-master-chronometer-chronograph-42-mm-3103042...png

anytime you have a cheaper version of something expensive that isnt fake or bootleg, its going to be popular as that opens it up for more people to be able to afford them

we have seen these in fashion/sneakers

its not exact but its very close and it is technically made by omega, if you dont care about the movement of the watch, would you pay $250 for the first pic or $7k for the second pic? even if you care for the movement, $250 is almost chump change if you can dispose of $7k for a watch, hell tax on the actual speedy is more than double the price of the swatch version :lol:

plus its going to be extremely limited the first time around and again as NTers we know how it goes, resellers gon eat em all up and capitalize on people who wants now and pay more than retail making them even more hyped and harder to find

moonswatch.png

omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-co-axial-master-chronometer-chronograph-42-mm-3103042...png

Nice. I see your point. I thought it was going to be about $2k but not that cheap as you and Majorbread Majorbread said.

Yeah, I'm going to be going for most of them then. Getting them all for my mom though.

i dig this new ressence and that it went down in price range but i feel like $15k is still too high, i think areound $10k would have been a sweet spot for their entry level piece

i'll watch that later because its 20min+ long but anyone actually bashing it?

most media are omega defenders and they can do no wrong probably because also dont want to be excluded from those early look invitations but id be curious if anyones gon be actually honest about it for once

It's a good video. The watchfinder videos outside of the professional review/comparison pieces are more.

The best opinion video I've seen on YouTube so far or at least the one I agree with most is surprisingly jody - the time teller (he's a little too "quirky" for me usually).

Last edited:
the one i liked is bark and jacks take on the situation and i havent liked much of his vids lately

he pretty much said its like a ferrari with a 1.8 liter engine and all the cf parts are plastic for vw prices and its true and theres a reason why car manufacturers do not simply put those bodies in cheaper cars

i am also with him that even though it sucks they did this, i still want one or a couple because if its laid out in front of me then yeah id want em

but i'll watch those later and see if theyre gon BS us like hodinkee

Yeah I've not been a fan of Bark and Jack for awhile now. With the constant pushing of his products (not disimilar from most watch youtubers) and other little things I haven't really enjoyed his content. That being said when his explorer ii video comes out I'll give it watch.

In regards to the moonswatch, I see both sides of the argument in the sense that it enables people who don't have to budget to attain one in a perfect world. There could be an argument that it also attracts new people to the hobby (I doubt the marketing will reach beyond the watch community but we'll see).

On the other side I see why some would say it devalues the brand and the prestige of the watch. The watch is an icon that transcends the brand in the same way a Submariner, Royal Oak or Nautilus do. So to see a cheaper quartz version with inferior materials can seem like a slap in the face to some.

Personally I lean more towards the prior than the latter.

Loving the collaboration. Great way to get new fans of your brand.

I’m in Dallas on Sunday, might have to check out the Swatch store.

is it? id understand if a casual bystander walks in to a swatch store and its sitting there and they go “thats a nice watch” but theres a good chance all are going to be snatched up so no one is really going to be able to handle it

there’s also where a person interested in a cheap plastic watch likely isnt interested in a $7k watch and why would they buy a speedy when this one is so cheap? and if they see that the seamster looks good, they’ll be like “where’s the $200 plastic version?”

i feel like this collab makes swatch look good while its omega taking a step back from what they built up

and im also probably just overthinking it :lol:

is it? id understand if a casual bystander walks in to a swatch store and its sitting there and they go “thats a nice watch” but theres a good chance all are going to be snatched up so no one is really going to be able to handle it

there’s also where a person interested in a cheap plastic watch likely isnt interested in a $7k watch and why would they buy a speedy when this one is so cheap? and if they see that the seamster looks good, they’ll be like “where’s the $200 plastic version?”

i feel like this collab makes swatch look good while its omega taking a step back from what they built up

and im also probably just overthinking it :lol:
I understand where you’re coming from, as a watch person it just doesn’t make a lot of sense. You’d expect something like this from a Seiko like brand but not from Omega. The Speedy is in my top three, I’d definitely grab one (Mercury or Moon) if possible.

From what I've been reading it's not limited at all and will also be sold online a few days after release.

Back
Top Bottom