The titanic vol. lost

This is the first time I’m learning about the technology behind deep sea exploration and the more I’m reading about this “submersible” the more I’m shocked at how unprepared and Mickey Mouse the technology is behind something so extremely dangerous. Everything seems so willy nilly

IMG_5460.png

The space in that sub is tight. I’d lose it.

Wonder what the banging is? And have they did a search at Titanic? I honestly don’t think they have the time to use all possible resources. It takes days in some cases to prepare for such a dive.

The space in that sub is tight. I’d lose it.

Wonder what the banging is? And have they did a search at Titanic? I honestly don’t think they have the time to use all possible resources. It takes days in some cases to prepare for such a dive.

It’s a wrap for them. This was not a smart decision.

There is a very real chance they never find it. The vessel was certified up to 1300m and was set to go to 4000m. The fact it hasn’t surfaced is a terrible sign. Based on just everything they are saying about the construction of this thing it is quite possible that it vaporized and was crushed under pressure while going down into the sea.
From what I've read about the company, they fired and sued the engineer who refused to allow the use of 1300m rated equipment for the vehicle, knowing that it was meant to dive much deeper than that.

I saw a video on Twitter (I think) of the owner giving us a tour of the submersive. I couldn't believe it when he showed the controller they used.
Pretty sure I had one of those as a kid. I wonder if its still at my parents.

Wondering how this turns out.

I feel bad for whoever has to open the hatch and smell the inside of this thing whenever they get it up

I’m ready for America to start helping their own

When you are talking about "America helping their own", I hope you aren't talking about the OceanGate Founder. He is literally the reason for all of this. The United States has regulations in place to avoid situations like this and he knowingly, willfully and boastfully circumvented them. Can't help those who don't want to help themselves. It's a shame when they pull other unknowing folks into their destructive orbit |l

Back
Top Bottom