The Tree of Life. Trailer inside.

I just wasted 35 minutes of my life. First movie I've ever just stopped watching like that. ##% is stupid.

I just wasted 35 minutes of my life. First movie I've ever just stopped watching like that. ##% is stupid.

Went to go back and see how people liked this...

Doesn't seem very positive, although RT gave it an 85%.. Hmmmmmm...

Didn't anyone enjoy it at all?

Went to go back and see how people liked this...

Doesn't seem very positive, although RT gave it an 85%.. Hmmmmmm...

Didn't anyone enjoy it at all?

This movie was straight up BS!!!

The only movie I ever contemplated walking out of.

I was praying for it to be over.

This movie was straight up BS!!!

The only movie I ever contemplated walking out of.

I was praying for it to be over.

Finally gave this a look...

Just about at the 18 minute mark, I was thinking to myself...jeez...maybe they were right. If this is it, maybe Malick realy is too far up his own %+%. Not gonna lie, I started checking my greader, bs-in with my waiver wire, getting hyped off the Sox losing...
.....A minute later, bliss...
eek.gif
sick.gif
embarassed.gif
smile.gif
eek.gif

glasses.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
smokin.gif
eek.gif
!!!!
smokin.gif
smile.gif

It's like Baraka !%!%*! Planet Earth, with 2001: A Space Odyssey nutting on it while Enter the Void just watched.
And then
eek.gif
.......*please don't be over* I understand it came to an end, but I never wanted it to. Just...wow. I could watch a 4hr+ edition of this.

something high/10

random thoughts
--I don't think you can really put a number on this, you love it or you're over it. It's a...cathartic experience. (SAT words *$!##!)
--I still don't fully understand what I saw or why we needed to see some of these things, but this ain't Inception...I'm ok with that.
grin.gif

--I loved Days of Heaven and Badlands and liked The Thin Red Line. So I had a good feel for what I was getting into.
--And I loved Baraka and 2001, so when things got...floaty? artsy? aimless? ... I just kicked back and let that @@%@ soak in.
smokin.gif

--And I can't be the only one who thought Superman: Man of Steel was gonna start when they showed Jupiter with that voiceover.
laugh.gif

Cliffs: I really liked it, if it ain't your thing, you should know in about 20 minutes...and that probably won't change if you keep watching..

Finally gave this a look...

Just about at the 18 minute mark, I was thinking to myself...jeez...maybe they were right. If this is it, maybe Malick realy is too far up his own %+%. Not gonna lie, I started checking my greader, bs-in with my waiver wire, getting hyped off the Sox losing...
.....A minute later, bliss...
eek.gif
sick.gif
embarassed.gif
smile.gif
eek.gif

glasses.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
smokin.gif
eek.gif
!!!!
smokin.gif
smile.gif

It's like Baraka !%!%*! Planet Earth, with 2001: A Space Odyssey nutting on it while Enter the Void just watched.
And then
eek.gif
.......*please don't be over* I understand it came to an end, but I never wanted it to. Just...wow. I could watch a 4hr+ edition of this.

something high/10

random thoughts
--I don't think you can really put a number on this, you love it or you're over it. It's a...cathartic experience. (SAT words *$!##!)
--I still don't fully understand what I saw or why we needed to see some of these things, but this ain't Inception...I'm ok with that.
grin.gif

--I loved Days of Heaven and Badlands and liked The Thin Red Line. So I had a good feel for what I was getting into.
--And I loved Baraka and 2001, so when things got...floaty? artsy? aimless? ... I just kicked back and let that @@%@ soak in.
smokin.gif

--And I can't be the only one who thought Superman: Man of Steel was gonna start when they showed Jupiter with that voiceover.
laugh.gif

Cliffs: I really liked it, if it ain't your thing, you should know in about 20 minutes...and that probably won't change if you keep watching..

Yeah I said that the night I saw it, it's not a movie for everyone.. don't let the big name stars fool you. I was very excited to see it and was let down.. I normally like Mallick films, but this one was just too preachy for me. The acting was good, the cinematography was beautiful but the film itself felt stale and just seemed to hammer in the same concept of nature/grace over and over. This was my most awaited film of the year.. I really wanted to like it and just could not, I really wanted it to end when I was sitting in the theater
laugh.gif
. But I can definitely see why people would like it, some of the shots were fantastic... I don't however know how anyone could like the backstory following of the family, which I didn't really care for at all. *shrugs*

Yeah I said that the night I saw it, it's not a movie for everyone.. don't let the big name stars fool you. I was very excited to see it and was let down.. I normally like Mallick films, but this one was just too preachy for me. The acting was good, the cinematography was beautiful but the film itself felt stale and just seemed to hammer in the same concept of nature/grace over and over. This was my most awaited film of the year.. I really wanted to like it and just could not, I really wanted it to end when I was sitting in the theater
laugh.gif
. But I can definitely see why people would like it, some of the shots were fantastic... I don't however know how anyone could like the backstory following of the family, which I didn't really care for at all. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom