The Truth Behind Bottled Water

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

where did i say that? Of course everyone who has a job earns their money. It breaks my heart to leave my dog everyday, so i can imagine how it must be to people with kids. But...Im talkin about people in the other thread saying "the rich inherited it" bla bla bla so they dont know about hard life...he has a job just like me (he happens to make WAY more)...im just not understanding the hate for hovkid. I dont make anywhere nearrrr 250k a year, but if i did id feel the same way as him. who's to tell him he's making too much? He doesnt have it easy just because he makes more money...thats all im sayin.
what does that have to do with bottled water?

nothing at all, if you noticed I tried to get back on the topic of bottled water but Diego wasn't havin it.

laugh.gif
 at save a hov
Yea im on Hov's side with this. 

What you guys seem to overlook/not care about/not know about is that TOGETHER you can do something. It's actually funny that people still use this argument, can you not HEAR/SEE/READ all the other people with the similar view point as yourself? Doesn't that trigger something in your brain that says "Hmm.. there seems to be a lot of us who think we are "too small" to change the world. Maybe if we got together we could do something?!" I don't know though, maybe I am wrong and the world will be fine. But I am not trying to gamble with the only home we've got
eyes.gif

Spoiler [+]
Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

nah...im too small to care or change the world on how they view bottled water.....i dont care...

nah...im too small to care or change the world on how they view bottled water.....i dont care...

Now keep multiplying that by about 2,000,000. Still too small?

Oh and I will rebut the "I'll be dead five times over before anything happens" argument with a similarly juvenile argument.

So what?

I forwarded this link to all my friends the Truth must be told!!!

..and ya'll leave HovKid alone dak nabbit!

some places have terrible tap water, I just put a filter on my tap at home and fill a pitcher of water everyday and put it in the fridge. some places have excellent tap water too

why is everyone so anti HOVkid on NT? Always firing shots because he's not jumping for joy to give away his hard earned money? Yes- hard earned..because he has 2 kids that I'm sure he'd love to spend every minute with but he leaves them to go out and earn money. So don't come with the "he probably inherited it, he's never had to struggle, he's selfish" line. He has every right to feel the way he does IMO. Anyway, back to the bottled water thing.

I drink Aquafina BTW *shrugs*

This is an easy one.  Because he comes off as arrogant, pompous and only out for himself and his interests.  He presents himself as having no issues with anything until it affects his wallet, which is a sad way to view the world.  I'm not saying he IS that way b/c I don't know the dude.  But he presents himself that way and I'm obviously not the only one to notice. 

It has nothing to do with how he got his money, either.  He's a lawyer--he obviously worked hard to get where he's at. 

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

why is everyone so anti HOVkid on NT? Always firing shots because he's not jumping for joy to give away his hard earned money? Yes- hard earned..because he has 2 kids that I'm sure he'd love to spend every minute with but he leaves them to go out and earn money. So don't come with the "he probably inherited it, he's never had to struggle, he's selfish" line. He has every right to feel the way he does IMO. Anyway, back to the bottled water thing.

This is an easy one.  Because he comes off as arrogant, pompous and only out for himself and his interests.  He presents himself as having no issues with anything until it affects his wallet, which is a sad way to view the world.  I'm not saying he IS that way b/c I don't know the dude.  But he presents himself that way and I'm obviously not the only one to notice. 

It has nothing to do with how he got his money, either.  He's a lawyer--he obviously worked hard to get where he's at. 

Let me see tinkjubs argue that.

People couldn't care less but its just the nature of the beast really. We are #+#+%!* up the environment slowly and have been for some time. Currently, most of us here can afford not to care because it doesn't really affect us..or so we think.Skip to 1:13 on the first video.

The only time we have bottled water at my house is in the summer because it's alot easier to take a bottled water out with you and throw it away when you're finished than to carry around a reusable bottle. Throughout the rest of the year we enjoy some tasty Philly tap water and the occasional Brita pitcher when we actually have a filter for it.

Originally Posted by Diego

superblyTRIFE wrote:
thytkerjobs wrote:

Let me see tinkjubs argue that.

Well I am not HOVkid nor do I know HOVkid, but idk, he doesn't come off as pompous to me. He seems like an OK guy who doesnt like to give away his hard earned money, and gets annoyed when people call him "arrogant" because of it. The only thing I've seen him complain about consistently is high taxes...(and fat girls, but thats not the point)...hence why I asked why the hate towards him...because I don't see what you guys see I guess.One day I hope to be in his income bracket, and I would be just as upset if someone told me i HAD to give my $ away...or that my life isn't hard so I should help those less fortunate...thats more of a choice that people should make...I'd gladly give money to charities and such, but who's to say HOVkid doesn't already do that?
anywho...I'm done with this topic, this thread is about water, not HOV...agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...I don't buy bottled water b/c it's cheaper in the long run

that's enough for me.

This is what I am trying to figure out. You are the kind of person the environmentalists need to reach. If someone can market environmental awareness as "cheap, easy, and comfortable" EVERYTHING would be solved. Stop trying to push the "it will save the world" message out there, because frankly people don't care. But if it's cheap, easy and comfortable, people will start getting on board. Whoever can come up with that campaign will be filthy rich.

For those that think they're too small to have an impact on the environment:
WASHINGTON—Wishing to dispose of the empty plastic container, and failing to spot a recycling bin nearby, an estimated 30 million Americans asked themselves Monday how bad throwing away a single bottle of water could really be.

"It's fine, it's fine," thought Maine native Sheila Hodge, echoing the exact sentiments of Chicago-area resident Phillip Ragowski, recent Florida transplant Margaret Lowery, and Kansas City business owner Brian McMillan, as they tossed the polyethylene terephthalate object into an awaiting trash can. "It's just one bottle. And I'm usually pretty good about this sort of thing."

"Not a big deal," continued roughly one-tenth of the nation's population.

Enlarge Image

According to the inner monologue of millions upon millions of citizens, while not necessarily ideal, throwing away one empty bottle probably wouldn't make that much of a difference, and could even be forgiven, considering how long they had been carrying it around with them, the time that could be saved by just tossing it out right here, and the fact that they had bicycled to work once last July.

In addition, pretty much the entire states of Missouri and New Mexico calmly reassured themselves Monday that they definitely knew better than to do something like this, but admitted that hey, nobody is perfect, and at least they weren't still using those horrible aerosol cans, or just throwing garbage directly on the ground.

All agreed that disposing of what would eventually amount to 50 tons of thermoplastic polymer resin wasn't the end of the world.

"It's not like I don't care, because I do, and most of the time I don't even buy bottled water," thought Missouri school teacher Heather Delamere, the 450,000th caring and progressive individual to have done so that morning, and the 850,000th to have purchased the environmentally damaging vessel due to being thirsty, in a huge rush, and away from home. "It's really not worth beating myself up over."

"What's one little bottle in the grand scheme of things, you know?" added each and every single one of them.

Monday's plastic-bottle-related dilemma wasn't the only environmental quandary facing millions of citizens across the country. An estimated 20 million men and women wondered how wasteful leaving a single lightbulb on all night really was, while more than 40 million Americans asked themselves if anyone would actually notice if they just turned up the heat a few degrees instead of walking all the way downstairs and getting another blanket.

Likewise, had they not been so tired, and busy, and stressed, citizens making up the equivalent of three major metropolitan areas told reporters that they probably wouldn't have driven their minivans down to the corner store.

"Relax," thousands upon thousands of Americans quietly whispered to themselves as they tossed two articles of clothing into an empty washing machine and turned it on. "What are you so worried about?

funny article from The Onion

I guess I never really drank tap water because I grew up on a reservation and we'd always get boil water orders so it was always in the back of my head no matter where I was. I'm gona try to start drinking tap water.

Talbert

Back
Top Bottom