I also dont care about how another race of people view the other 

well im glad there are people who do.

eyes.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Why though those type that stereotype are not looking past your skin color not matter what your actions are

so I just do me

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Because of Tyler Perry a lot of black actors have job

This.

Janet Jackson, the homie from Spawn, the Husband from Soul Food, etc...

You know these people wouldn't get work anywhere else if it wasn't for black producers, specifically Tyler Perry.

I'll give you the over-dramatic parts of his movies, but I look at a movie like The Family that Preys and the acting is believable.

At the end of the day, that's all you want is believable acting.

This.

You know these people wouldn't get work anywhere else if it wasn't for black producers, specifically Tyler Perry.

I'll give you the over-dramatic parts of his movies, but I look at a movie like The Family that Preys and the acting is believable.

At the end of the day, that's all you want is believable acting.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

eyes.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Why though those type that stereotype are not looking past your skin color not matter what your actions are

so I just do me

Originally Posted by AG 47

This.

MAYBE THEY ARENT VERY GOOD ACTORS, THEREFORE THEY DONT GET WORK

don cheadle has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

will smith has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

halle berry has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

denzel washington has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

sam jackson has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

and i could continue this list with every successful black actor that DOESNT work with tyler perry

lol, dude employs a healthy 20 MARGINAL black actors and all of a sudden the embarassing stereotypical "movies" are somehow not trash?  (ftr, i have never once seen good acting in ANY tyler perry production...EVER...in fact, 90 percent of his actors are garbage and wouldnt work outside of his studios....not because he's giving them a chance...but because noone will pay them for that !*!%@*$+ they call acting)

so if black dudes designed these garbage fusion jordans they releasing, they would somehow be less garbage?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

This.

MAYBE THEY ARENT VERY GOOD ACTORS, THEREFORE THEY DONT GET WORK

don cheadle has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

will smith has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

halle berry has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

denzel washington has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

sam jackson has absolutely no problem eating without tyler perry

and i could continue this list with every successful black actor that DOESNT work with tyler perry

lol, dude employs a healthy 20 MARGINAL black actors and all of a sudden the embarassing stereotypical "movies" are somehow not trash?  (ftr, i have never once seen good acting in ANY tyler perry production...EVER...in fact, 90 percent of his actors are garbage and wouldnt work outside of his studios....not because he's giving them a chance...but because noone will pay them for that !*!%@*$+ they call acting)

so if black dudes designed these garbage fusion jordans they releasing, they would somehow be less garbage?

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

so I just do me

so when a cop lays you down on the ground because of the conditioning and biased lens he's experienced black culture through, you just do you?

when a teacher half *%!$* you because because of the conditioning and biased lens he's experienced black culture through, you just do you?

when a white lady grabs her purse as you walk by because of the conditioning and biased lens she's experienced black culture through, you just do you?

when you got generations of white children ONLY experiencing black culture through tyler perry, MTV and the likes, you just do you, huh?

eyes.gif

i always bring this up when talking about tyler perry, but you all should wikipedia the history of african americans in cinema...

stock images of blacks which instill stereotypes....

many times these were the first and only images of blacks entire towns/cities experienced...

"oh, blacks steal watermelons and chickens!"

but you just do you, eh?

don't really matter, huh?

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

so I just do me

so when a cop lays you down on the ground because of the conditioning and biased lens he's experienced black culture through, you just do you?

when a teacher half *%!$* you because because of the conditioning and biased lens he's experienced black culture through, you just do you?

when a white lady grabs her purse as you walk by because of the conditioning and biased lens she's experienced black culture through, you just do you?

when you got generations of white children ONLY experiencing black culture through tyler perry, MTV and the likes, you just do you, huh?

eyes.gif

i always bring this up when talking about tyler perry, but you all should wikipedia the history of african americans in cinema...

many times these were the first and only images of blacks entire towns/cities experienced...

but you just do you, eh?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

the hate for this man sickens me. His movies aren't my favorite, but NT cats love spewing negativity. Since so many of y'all can articulate exactly what he's doing wrong, why don't you become a multi-million dollar director? Oh. Though so.

NT facts:
-everyone owns an M3
-everone dates a dime.
-everone can do something better than the professionals
30t6p3b.gif
so we have to date dimes, drive m3's and become directors to not like the stereotypical movies this guy pumps out?
eyes.gif

the hate for this man sickens me. His movies aren't my favorite, but NT cats love spewing negativity. Since so many of y'all can articulate exactly what he's doing wrong, why don't you become a multi-million dollar director? Oh. Though so.

NT facts:
-everyone owns an M3
-everone dates a dime.
30t6p3b.gif
so we have to date dimes, drive m3's and become directors to not like the stereotypical movies this guy pumps out?
eyes.gif

eyes.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

so I just do me

eyes.gif

but you just do you, eh?

eyes.gif

Yeah I just do me I have no control over why the lady grabs her purse in  the elevator thats just a fear that she needs to get over on her own 
I can't really take that personally because I don't know what she had been through in her life for her to take that action why would I be offended she might do that to everyone

In all my years of living I have never been put on the ground by the police

I only been stopped for my driving record which can be viewed by looking up my plate #'s not much profiling being done there your only described by number

Never had a teacher half *** me on anything yet and if they do I would always make my voice heard on the situation(which would run in the same line as doing me)

and if a person takes what they see on TV as there tour or trip through the black community then THEY NEED TO FIND ANOTHER OUTLET ON EXPERIENCING WHAT THE BLACK COMMUNITY IS because most of tv is just entertainment and that goes for all races that is viewed on it

eyes.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

so I just do me

eyes.gif

but you just do you, eh?

eyes.gif

Yeah I just do me I have no control over why the lady grabs her purse in  the elevator thats just a fear that she needs to get over on her own 
I can't really take that personally because I don't know what she had been through in her life for her to take that action why would I be offended she might do that to everyone

In all my years of living I have never been put on the ground by the police

I only been stopped for my driving record which can be viewed by looking up my plate #'s not much profiling being done there your only described by number

Never had a teacher half *** me on anything yet and if they do I would always make my voice heard on the situation(which would run in the same line as doing me)

and if a person takes what they see on TV as there tour or trip through the black community then THEY NEED TO FIND ANOTHER OUTLET ON EXPERIENCING WHAT THE BLACK COMMUNITY IS because most of tv is just entertainment and that goes for all races that is viewed on it

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

NT facts:
-everyone owns an M3
-everone dates a dime.
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
t6cetx.jpg
at your reading comprehension.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

NT facts:
-everyone owns an M3
-everone dates a dime.
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
t6cetx.jpg
at your reading comprehension.
laugh.gif

in lala land, some imaginary place, this is possible...

however, i will say it again...

THESE MASS MEDIA IMAGES OF BLACK CULTURE ARE OFTENTIMES MANY PEOPLE'S ONLY INTERACTION WITH BLACK AMERICA....

these images ARE powerful...

THESE MASS MEDIA IMAGES OF BLACK CULTURE ARE OFTENTIMES MANY PEOPLE'S ONLY INTERACTION WITH BLACK AMERICA....

Yeah true for those folks who don't want to know or understand first hand

we talking about america, here....

our news cites wikipedia, bro...

land of the lazy.

you're right, they don't really care at all....these are the images redily available to them, therefore, oftentimes, its the ONLY image they digest....

and people wonder why racism, prejudice and stereotypes are still around....

we talking about america, here....

our news cites wikipedia, bro...

land of the lazy.

you're right, they don't really care at all....these are the images redily available to them, therefore, oftentimes, its the ONLY image they digest....

and people wonder why racism, prejudice and stereotypes are still around....

If you dont like his movies, dont watch or support them.

Whats so hard about that?

At least he gives black actors work.....and these movies are not stuff thats out of the ordinary.....This is stuff that actually happens.

My wife liked the plays, likes the movies.....but i dont (i cant front, some of the stuff in the plays was pretty funny)

We`re actually related, im not biased at all cause ive never met him. (he did pay for our family reunion in Louisiana a few years ago at his pops house....+$#$ is crazy big)

If you dont like his movies, dont watch or support them.

Whats so hard about that?

At least he gives black actors work.....and these movies are not stuff thats out of the ordinary.....This is stuff that actually happens.

My wife liked the plays, likes the movies.....but i dont (i cant front, some of the stuff in the plays was pretty funny)

We`re actually related, im not biased at all cause ive never met him. (he did pay for our family reunion in Louisiana a few years ago at his pops house....+$#$ is crazy big)

Back
Top Bottom