The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Who is this black dude Barca just put on? Thats a big time sub in such a critical match with them tied. Pressure on.

La Liga just got even tighter, see what happens with Atletico. I'll be switching back and forth with the Broncos game.

:lol:

Avg # of academy players used in starting XI this season

TYrx5N7.jpg

Last edited:
@CentreTransfer: BREAKING: Newcastle have agreed to sell Yohan Cabaye to PSG for €26m only if they secure the transfer of Remy Cabella. (Canal+)

Who is this black dude Barca just put on? Thats a big time sub in such a critical match with them tied. Pressure on.

18yo Jean-Marie Dongou, said to be the next Eto'o...went to Barca due to the Eto'o foundation. I knew he was on the bench but I didn't think he would have come on unless they were up comfortably and with about 10mins left

:lol:

Avg # of academy players used in starting XI this season

TYrx5N7.jpg

I saw this last night and apparently it goes up to November, I guess some people were trying to do the math and got different numbers

I looked to see the Bayern number in the chart above to rise with Pep there. He'll look to promote any talented players from the younger squads.

Aside from Rio & Evra looking old on the pitch, I don't think Man U is devoid of talent at all. What I see is players not living up to expectations & making bad mistakes. Worst of all it looks like the mistakes come from a lack of being prepared. The defense in particular looks awful not just because of the likes of Evra (or Rio when he was playing).

They concede way too much space & allow the opposition too much room to create when they have the ball (just standing there ball watching). This has been happening all campaign & no one seems to be doing anything to correct it. Then the horrible mistakes being made like you saw today.

I find it rather starling that one doesn't see this on film. I find it crazier that no one has done anything to correct the issues.

As for Barca today, I'm not surprised by the draw. Despite being in the middle of the table, Levante has a great defense & they did an excellent job of preventing the Blaugrana attack from building any kind of momentum at home.

Barca still having trouble with teams that park the bus. :rolleyes :smh: Gotta hand to Levante though, I'd take their defense over 2/3s of any in the Prem.

Glad to see Atleti couldn't capitalize on the Barca draw today & as expected Real Madrid is starting to mount their attack on the top of the standings. As long as Ancelotti doesn't eff things up. Things in La Liga are starting to liven up... :smoking

Glad to see Seedorf start his reign with a win today. Hellas Verona just wasn't trying to hear it but finally conceded a penalty goal by Balo in the 80th minute or so.

Spain's all time all time top scorer scored a nice goal through traffic today. He's playing very well this season. He has apprx 9-10 goals & maybe 2-3 assts...

This feels like the closest La Liga race in forever (between 3 teams)

Is that right?

Last edited:
I was really hoping that Atletico would have gotten the win, disappointed that they didn't....especially from conceding a penalty.

@TransferSources Arsenal prepare a second bid for Antoine Griezmann after their initial €14m bid was rejected by Real Sociedad. [Le 10 Sport]
- Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Demba Ba will not be leaving the club in January after Fernando Torres suffered a knee injury. [SkySports]
- Liverpool ready to make £8million bid for Mohamed Salah as Brendan Rodgers is given green light by owners. [Mirror]
- Chelsea could offer Thibaut Courtois in an attempt to get first-option on Atlético Madrid's Diego Costa this summer. [Daily Star]
- BREAKING: Newcastle have agreed to sell Yohan Cabaye to PSG for €26m only if they secure the transfer of Remy Cabella. [Canal+]
- Liverpool defender Tiago Ilori has confirmed that he is joining La Liga side Granada on loan. [Tutto Mercato]
- Kurt Zouma looks set for a move to Chelsea from French side St Étienne. [Daily Star]
- Chinese businessman Wang Jianlin is lining up a £175m bid to buy Southampton - he is the 128th richest man in the world. [Mirror]
- Real Madrid are considering a move for Bayern Munich player Thomas Müller in the summer. [MD]
- Manchester United are considering a bid for Chelsea’s Juan Mata this month. [Mail on Sunday]

@Mladenovic_ FC Nantes striker Filip Djordjevic has agreed terms with #Lazio and will join the side in June as a free agent

@Football__Zone Arsenal, Barcelona and Manchester United are all interested in signing Athletic Bilbao's Aymeric Laporte in the summer.
- AS Roma are in advanced talks for former Lyon man Michel Bastos.
- Edgar Davids has resigned as manager of Barnet Football Club. (Source: SkySports)
- Arsène Wenger is ready to pounce and snap up Barcelona whizzkid Munir El Haddadi. (Daily Mirror)

Last edited:
Got to give Mou some credit, he's got Chelsea focused and he barely likes half his players lol.

He's had some major balls benching Mata but it's been working fine, but I don't think he'd let him go to United, no way.

Mou wouldn't even given Ba to us, they def aren't getting Mata :lol:
I mean, unless they got Rooney in return....which all just seems very unlikely

Bebe scored a once in a lifetime goal today against Braga today.

Moyes bring him back!! He can be United's savior lol

I'm not sure if Muller is leaving, but after getting a campaign under his belt Pep will definitely make changes to shape the side more to his liking. Those transfer rumors are a little outlandish sounding though.

I haven't been one to criticize Tata much this season because overall I think he's doing an excellent job. Hind sight being 20/20 though, I gotta wonder if Neymar or Messi really needed to play that second round of the Copa Del Ray with an aggregate score of 4-0. I would've loved for him to put in the likes of Traore & Dongou. It would've been an excellent opportunity for the youngsters to play. Also today, he brought on Tello for Pedro. He should've taken off Alexis who had an awful game.

These Courtouis rumors are just ******ed. We aren't giving up a GK prodigy who is already top 5 in the world for some dime a dozen striker.

Back
Top Bottom