The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Bebe :lol:

FewCleverIberianchiffchaff.gif

SkeletalColorfulBlackandtancoonhound.gif

LittleZealousCrane.gif

72c2cde844826836f41e76c554178aae.gif

72c2cde844826836f41e76c554178aae.gif

Last edited:
- Edgar Davids has resigned as manager of Barnet Football Club. (Source: SkySports)

why is this a big story im seeing it everywhere

Edgar Davids: Ex-Juventus man resigns as Barnet head coach

Conference Premier side Barnet have announced head coach Edgar Davids has "resigned by mutual agreement".
The former Netherlands midfielder, 40, joined the Bees in October 2012.
Davids initially moved to north London as joint-head coach alongside Mark Robson but took sole charge in December 2012 after Robson's departure.
"Everybody associated with the club would like to thank Edgar for his contribution during his time here," a club statement said.
"The club would also like to wish Edgar the very best of luck in what we have no doubt will be the continuation of an illustrious career."
The life and times of Edgar Davids
1991-96: Ajax
1996-97: AC Milan
1997-2004: Juventus
2004: Barcelona (loan)
2004-05: Inter Milan
2005-07: Tottenham
2007-08: Ajax
2010: Crystal Palace
2012-2014: Barnet

The Dutchman, who has represented clubs including Ajax, Juventus, Barcelona and Inter Milan in his career, came out of retirement and made 29 appearances as Barnet were relegated from League Two last season.
Davids made nine appearances for the Bees in the Conference Premier this season but was sent off on three occasions.
He threatened to retire in December following his third dismissal, saying he was a "target" and that some decisions were "exaggerated".
Davids, who has also had spells in England with Tottenham and Crystal Palace, leaves The Hive with Barnet 10th in the table, three points off the play-off places.
In total he made 38 appearances for Barnet, scoring one goal and receiving five red cards.
Davids won 74 caps for the Netherlands and helped Ajax win the Champions League, Uefa Cup and three Eredivisie titles.
In Italy, he picked up three Serie A championships with Juventus and the Coppa Italia with Inter Milan.
Also related to this story
Davids may quit playing for Barnet 28 Dec 2013 BARNET
Davids ready for Barnet challenge 12 Oct 2012 BARNET
Dutch legend Davids joins Barnet 12 Oct 2012 BARNET
Get Inspired: FOOTBALL 19 Jul 2013 GET INSPIRED

He also decided to wear #1, said that he wanted to start a new trend for midfielders :lol:
But he played and managed the club for free. He certainly isn't the player he used to be, seems more like a liability now.

Bebe's (United's only option for a savior) wonder goal.

The dude had difficulty doing a heart shaped logo with his hands to celebrate :lol: what an idiot

Last edited:
In regards to United, If we sign anyone, it's going to be somebody who doesn't really solve the midfield crisis we find ourselves in, i.e. a left-back.

The most worrying thing, for me, is the fact that Moyes and United don't seem to have a concrete idea of who exactly we're in the market for. He's either, a) setting the bar too high in terms of the player who'll improve us (which is ridiculous considering the current lot have just lost four of the last five games), or b) over-exaggerating the talent we have in our squad at present (again, which is ridiculous considering the current lot have just lost four of the last five games).

West Brom sponsor Zoopla confirm they are quitting the club because of Nicolas Anelka's "quenelle" celebration

View media item 756625

A company statement released on Monday read: "Zoopla has been reviewing its position over the past few weeks in light of the actions of striker, Nicolas Anelka, during the match against West Ham over the Christmas period and has decided to focus its attention on other marketing activities after this season."

Anelka made the gesture - described as an inverted Nazi salute - after scoring at Upton Park, though the Frenchman has since denied it was anti-Semetic.

The property website, co-owned by Jewish businessman Alex Chesterman, is the club's main sponsor and were looking to pull the plug on their sponsorship if the French striker continued to play.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nicolas-anelka-quenelle-row-zoopla-3041230#ixzz2qxuXrvkA
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Franck Ribery claims Ballon d'Or is biased towards Real Madrid and Barcelona players

View media item 756663
Franck Ribery has bemoaned the 'politics' of the Ballon d'Or, claiming that he should have won the award after winning the treble with Bayern Munich last year, while "Ronaldo won nothing" in 2013.

In an interview with German newspaper AZ Munchen, the Frenchman said:"I have won everything with the team and individually.

"Ronaldo won nothing (in 2013). I'm not sad, but it hurts the heart. Do not get me wrong, I am proud to have been there. I feel I deserved this title. There are so many politics.

He also suggested there should have been more players from European Champions Bayern Munich in the FIFA Team of the Year:

"When I see the top eleven that was chosen - there are only 3 Bayern players there. This is madness! Muller must be there, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Robben. We won five titles, made history. Who has done that before?

"I'm sure, if Barcelona and Madrid stood in the Champions League final, the team would consist only of players of Real and Barca."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/franck-ribery-claims-ballon-dor-3040455#ixzz2qy3V8uty
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

@mohammedali_93 Montpellier have already sounded out Cabella replacement, believed to be Sébastien Wutrich, midfielder from St. Gallen on loan from FC Sion.

@worldsoccertalk NBCSN Begins Playing Mini-TV Commercials During Premier League Matches http://ift.tt/Ksd6Tn

@samuelj29060 Inter very busy. Ranocchia (Dortmund), Pereira (São Paulo) & Guarín (Juve) all off. Vučinić in

Arsenal appoint Dutchman Jonker to replace legend Brady as head of academy
By MATT MCGEEHAN
PUBLISHED: 07:39 EST, 20 January 2014 | UPDATED: 09:23 EST, 20 January 2014
11 shares 1View
comments
Arsenal have confirmed the appointment of Dutchman Andries Jonker as head of their academy, as Sportsmail first revealed.
The 51-year-old, currently the assistant manager at Wolfsburg in Germany's Bundesliga, will join Arsenal on July 1 and will succeed Liam Brady in the role.
Brady, currently the Gunners' head of youth development and the academy, will 'help to ensure a smooth transition' with Jonker, who spent seven years developing and implementing youth coaching reforms with the Dutch Football Association, the KNVB.
Recruited: Dutchman Andries Jonker is to replace Liam Brady as the head of Arsenal's academy+5
Recruited: Dutchman Andries Jonker is to replace Liam Brady as the head of Arsenal's academy
Manager Arsene Wenger said on arsenal.com: 'I am very pleased that Andries is joining us.
'He has a big reputation in the game and was a key part of the team which developed the structures which are now producing such strong young players in Holland.
'I look forward to working with him. I would also like to thank Liam for his work which has been outstanding over many years.'

Jonker has also worked as Holland under-21 and under-15 coach, technical manager of the KNVB and assistant coach to Louis van Gaal at Barcelona and Bayern Munich, where he also had a spell as interim head coach.
Arsenal have long been renowned for nurturing young talent and the club hope Jonker will build on Brady's work.
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis added: 'Youth development is a key part of our philosophy at Arsenal and I am delighted that Andries is joining us.

'He has an outstanding track record in developing and identifying young players and creating systems to bring the best out of them.
'I know he will build on the tremendous work which has been done by Liam and his team over many years.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-legend-Brady-head-academy.html#ixzz2qy4YmxfU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

After looking at how they do their commercial's it's not thaaat bad.

I've seen some broadcastors can it perfectly, they just make the display slightly smaller for like 10 seconds, and run the ad in a bottom and right frame.

After looking at how they do their commercial's it's not thaaat bad.

I've seen some broadcastors can it perfectly, they just make the display slightly smaller for like 10 seconds, and run the ad in a bottom and right frame.

Unless you've got severe ADD, that's hardly a bother. WST just likes to ***** about everything.

It's been pointed out elsewhere, but check the first second of the video. Bearded Rooney in the tunnel working as a steward. :nerd: :lol:

My issue with Andries Jonker is that hardly any youth has been promoted under him. Romeo Jozak may have seem like the better option, coming from Dinamo Zagreb which has a great academy. But one major positive is that Jonker has Dutch and German football experience and that is the direction that Arsenal will head it. A direction that I've very fond of. I'm hoping that a couple of new staff members will be brought in as well, to help freshen up things. Along with some other adjustments, the club will benefit gravely!

So Adebayor gets two more..

At the beginning of the season..

I made a comment saying that Soldado wasn't better than Adebayor.. Or Defoe..

And the folks in here had the nerve to say it was the most controversial statement in this thread..

Smh.. Soccer fans these days..

Back
Top Bottom