The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Skdjjdjdjdjejdjdhhdjdhshsshdjsjejjeidudududjwjwjejjejdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdkkvkfkfkrjrjr @ that ferguson joke and at that Napoli goal

Jose welcoming back a writer after coming back from cancer treatment... Say what you will about him from the eye poke & such, he's still an interesting man...

Mata, come back to La Liga where football is played...

Last edited:
I think Mata should go to La Liga too

Even though hes nice on Man City ive always thought David Silva would fit in on Barca

Last edited:
do no want mata, especially if we have the better kagawa yeah i said it

:rofl:

Mata fits at United simply because he's better than anyone else they have in the midfield. He needs games and I'm sure he can fit well with Rooney and RVP. I still don't buy the fact that Chelsea would sell to United. It's not like they are hurting for cash. They could loan him somewhere and pay his wages for the rest of the season if they had to.

Last edited:
I don't even need to read that article Sky to know that while Mata is fantastic, and what team wouldn't want him.

He's not even United's biggest issue right now.

What amazes me about Moyes & Co, is that the midfield and defence is an absolute SHOCKER yet I keep seeing rumours of buying forwards.

Buy some CMs, CDMs, CBs, LBs THEEEN, and only then, should you be looking at the Mata's of the world.

What role would financial fair play have in possibly forcing someone like Abramovich having to sell assets like Mata to a rival or Hazard to PSG (as outrageous as the transfer rumors sound)?

They were saying 80 mil euros for hazard.. He's good but I would sell him for that

Jose welcoming back a writer after coming back from cancer treatment... Say what you will about him from the eye poke & such, he's still an interesting man...

Mata, come back to La Liga where football is played...

If this was Spain, Italy, or Portugal the reporter wouldn't have gotten any type of love from Mou lol.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see how mata wouldn't work at united. He can just play the same role cleverly has been trying to fill. Link midfield to forwards. This would ensure Rooney doesn't need to drop sooo deep to link up the play. Him and Rooney could alternate positions too. I think it totally could work, but he Deff would need to be linked with a solid CDMF

I honestly don't see how mata wouldn't work at united. He can just play the same role cleverly has been trying to fill. Link midfield to forwards. This would ensure Rooney doesn't need to drop sooo deep to link up the play. Him and Rooney could alternate positions too. I think it totally could work, but he Deff would need to be linked with a solid CDMF

Think Neville said it best, it could work if Moyes wants to completely change the way United play. They'd sort of have to play a 4-1-2-1-2, it's be entertaining but that almost never works in the EPL. They'd concede too many goals. Also making Mata track back on defense, ehh, that doesn't work well.

:rofl:

Mata fits at United simply because he's better than anyone else they have in the midfield. He needs games and I'm sure he can fit well with Rooney and RVP. I still don't buy the fact that Chelsea would sell to United. It's not like they are hurting for cash. They could loan him somewhere and pay his wages for the rest of the season if they had to.
He's lucky.

Different circumstance, but Alan Smith broke his leg when his ankle twisted in a similar fashion a bunch of years ago.  :x

Cabaye would suit there needs better, though...and he's 12M cheaper.

My-T.

West Brom sponsor Zoopla confirm they are quitting the club because of Nicolas Anelka's "quenelle" celebration

A company statement released on Monday read: "Zoopla has been reviewing its position over the past few weeks in light of the actions of striker, Nicolas Anelka, during the match against West Ham over the Christmas period and has decided to focus its attention on other marketing activities after this season."

Anelka made the gesture - described as an inverted Nazi salute - after scoring at Upton Park, though the Frenchman has since denied it was anti-Semetic.

The property website, co-owned by Jewish businessman Alex Chesterman, is the club's main sponsor and were looking to pull the plug on their sponsorship if the French striker continued to play.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nicolas-anelka-quenelle-row-zoopla-3041230#ixzz2qxuXrvkA
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I'm not the biggest fan of the Israeli government & I think the term anti-Semite can be thrown around pretty loosely but Anelka's "salute" was not cool. He knew exactly what he was doing & I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

That French "comedian" Dieudonne's views on Jews are xenophobic. He "invented" the quenelle gesture as a reverse Nazi salute. I can't see how anyone with a modicum of some intelligence can say the holocaust didn't occur.

Even if Chelsea were willing to sell, Mata isn't going to want to transfer to some mid table team. He's not transferring to a club playing Europa league football next year

Even if Chelsea were willing to sell, Mata isn't going to want to transfer to some mid table team. He's not transferring to a club playing Europa league football next year
why not.. he played in the europa league just last yr..

I've seen this Mata rumor picking up for a while now. I've heard talk of 40m, and Chelsea apparently considering it, cause they don't see United as contenders anyway.

But aside from this story, I think there's obviously the bigger problem. Yeah, Moyes is looking at the wrong players (Cavani, Mata, Pogba etc), and hasn't clearly shown what type of players he needs. But most concerning is that it's the 3rd week of the transfer window and NO ONE has been signed. Every week there's a story linking players, and there's a story about how much money he has to spend, but he's never buying ANYONE, he's not even putting in formal bids. You can tell me world class players aren't available, but damnit ANYONE is better than Cleverley at this point. If you're a manager who needs 6 or so world class players, I would think you'd try and sign AT LEAST 2 players in Jan, and the rest in the summer.

It's moments like this that clearly show that Moyes is way out of his depth and has no clue what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom