The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

How many goals do you think City will score?!?! :smh:

Edit - I'd much rather watch Roma vs Juve but beIN has it on later today...

Last edited:
Never seen keepy uppies like this before... Her name is Fiorella Castillo, a model/actress from Argentina...

Last edited:
Still crazy to me that United has been without Rooney AND RVP for most of the season. Thats why I dont clown them for losing. Its nearly impossible to make a title run when your 2 best players by far has barely played in months.

[Jay-Z]He's only 18![/Jay-Z]

0ckSEqT.gif

City ruining football with our £80M young players once more. :smile:

My-T.

I know Negredo is on fire...but West Ham's defence is absolutely shocking....

how is pogba the wrong type of player?

Based on his history with how he left the club, I doubt he'd ever want to come back. What's the point in even talking to him?

Moyes should be looking at players who don't have a negative history with the club, thus Pogba is the wrong player.

Still crazy to me that United has been without Rooney AND RVP for most of the season. Thats why I dont clown them for losing. Its nearly impossible to make a title run when your 2 best players by far has barely played in months.

Bear in mind who's brilliant idea it was to overtrain them.

BREAKING: Jovetic is alive and still playing for Manchester City as he runs on to the pitch against West Ham...

Yo eiddy, I thought we talked about this man?!?! :lol:

View media item 758548

Last edited:
Based on his history with how he left the club, I doubt he'd ever want to come back. What's the point in even talking to him?

Moyes should be looking at players who don't have a negative history with the club, thus Pogba is the wrong player.

though i do agree, i highly doubt he would come back.. his issues were with the previous manager.. if guaranteed playing time and a salary increase (supposedly on 1M a year at Juv) I'm sure he would entertain the thought.. Vidal is on similar wages and would deff be my first choice

Last edited:

RVP has always had injuries.The past two seasons were an anomaly. Now he's back to his normal injury prone self.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

though i do agree, i highly doubt he would come back.. his issues were with the previous manager.. if guaranteed playing time and a salary increase (supposedly on 1M a year at Juv) I'm sure he would entertain the thought..

Tough call. It's not like he'd be going to play under Klopp/Wenger/Mourinho/Pep/any other manager who's won something.

I think it would still be tough to get him, so tough that it's not worth looking at. Juve are cruising right now with another potential Serie A title looming.

RVP has always had injuries.The past two seasons were an anomaly. Now he's back to his normal injury prone self.

Indeed he's always had injury trouble. But the past 2 seasons were because SAF played him all the way up front (RVP spent a lot of his time at Arsenal playing slightly deeper forced to come and get the ball a bit more- someone correct me on this if I'm wrong) so he gets tackled less, and it's a known fact that SAF let RVP train MUUUUUUUCH lighter than before.

What role would financial fair play have in possibly forcing someone like Abramovich having to sell assets like Mata to a rival or Hazard to PSG (as outrageous as the transfer rumors sound)?

None whatsoever. They broke even last year and are well within the constraints this season, and honestly FFP doesn't matter to the big clubs, it's so clubs who don't have revenue won't overspend and end up like Pompey.

Hazard is going nowhere unless they break the world record. Chelsea don't need to sell, Hazard is happy, he's playing his best football of his life under Mourinho. It's called silly season for a reason.

For me, United need CM, CB, and LB. I really think once RVP is fit again, they will improve, so I honestly think it would be silly to panic buy and overpay for a "name" just for appearances. Teams talk about having patience with managers and having squads develop under them, and United supporters were willing to chastise other clubs who didn't so now is the time to put your money where your mouth is. I honestly don't believe that this is on Moyes, as the side plays so similar under him, but they really do need to freshen the squad. I would attack those areas this window, and in the next go for the marquee signing, which to me would be an attacking player, like a Marco Reus.

In other news, anyone else surprised that there hasn't been any links (that I've heard) of Adrian Ramos to Arsenal? I think it would be a quality signing. Big Boost.

Blackpool Football Club can confirm that manager Paul Ince and assistants Alex Rae and Steve Thompson have had their contracts terminated with immediate effect.

Barry Ferguson will take charge of training when the players return on Thursday.

A further announcement will be made in due course.
Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-210114-1308266.aspx#jgGH0OfCjRAMP3Zf.99

Monaco striker Lacina Traore's expected move to Everton is a major step closer after the club obtained a work permit for the Ivory Coast international. (SkySports)

Last edited:
Pogba will

A) Never want to go back to United.

B) Never play under Moyes.

Real or PSG are in his future.

Blackpool Football Club can confirm that manager Paul Ince and assistants Alex Rae and Steve Thompson have had their contracts terminated with immediate effect.

Barry Ferguson will take charge of training when the players return on Thursday.

A further announcement will be made in due course.
Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-210114-1308266.aspx#jgGH0OfCjRAMP3Zf.99

Monaco striker Lacina Traore's expected move to Everton is a major step closer after the club obtained a work permit for the Ivory Coast international. (SkySports)
Not surprised in regards to the sacking of Paul. His son is definitely going to leave the club now.

Even if Chelsea were willing to sell, Mata isn't going to want to transfer to some mid table team. He's not transferring to a club playing Europa league football next year
why not.. he played in the europa league just last yr..

I've seen this Mata rumor picking up for a while now. I've heard talk of 40m, and Chelsea apparently considering it, cause they don't see United as contenders anyway.

But aside from this story, I think there's obviously the bigger problem. Yeah, Moyes is looking at the wrong players (Cavani, Mata, Pogba etc), and hasn't clearly shown what type of players he needs. But most concerning is that it's the 3rd week of the transfer window and NO ONE has been signed. Every week there's a story linking players, and there's a story about how much money he has to spend, but he's never buying ANYONE, he's not even putting in formal bids. You can tell me world class players aren't available, but damnit ANYONE is better than Cleverley at this point. If you're a manager who needs 6 or so world class players, I would think you'd try and sign AT LEAST 2 players in Jan, and the rest in the summer.

It's moments like this that clearly show that Moyes is way out of his depth and has no clue what he's doing.

Part of me honestly thinks that Mourniho is just ******g with you guys. Giving Moyes and the United fanbase something to get excited about in signing a big name player, so Moyes will focus on it, but Mourinho will pull it away at the last minute and United will be left with nothing but an even more pissed supporters.

Gervinho with the karate kick to seal the game for us today. We also signed Bastos as LW and LB reinforcement.

Arsenal have offered £20m + Lukas Podolski for Julian Draxler this January. (The Sun)
@samuelj29060 Another twist! Atlético give Man Utd first option on Costa & Luis if they withdraw from Mata talks: http://bit.ly/1hfLxqW
@football_oranje Lots of reports in English media today claiming Luuk de Jong could sign for Newcastle by next week.
Saint Etienne centre-back Kurt Zouma is on the brink of completing an £11m move to Chelsea. He opted Blues over Arsenal [Express]
Bastos
BeiSCiUIAAAO2h0.jpg

why not.. he played in the europa league just last yr..

View media item 758542
Got em, :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

edit: I just found the perfect gif for this, so I gotta edit and use it

423.gif

View media item 758548

:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom