The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Would rather Podolski stay, but if its in a deal for Draxler I'm with it

he def deserves to be a regular starter too.. Schalke wouldnt be bad :pimp:

It's not like Podolski is getting the Park treatment :lol:
Last press conference, Wenger did say that he will get more playing time. He'll probably start on Friday.
ReadyDevotedAlpaca.gif

AcrobaticFearfulDinosaur.gif

Last edited:
Good to hear. I didnt think he would.. I follow him on Instagram and he looks so damn happy :lol:

Even if Chelsea were willing to sell, Mata isn't going to want to transfer to some mid table team. He's not transferring to a club playing Europa league football next year
why not.. he played in the europa league just last yr..

I've seen this Mata rumor picking up for a while now. I've heard talk of 40m, and Chelsea apparently considering it, cause they don't see United as contenders anyway.

But aside from this story, I think there's obviously the bigger problem. Yeah, Moyes is looking at the wrong players (Cavani, Mata, Pogba etc), and hasn't clearly shown what type of players he needs. But most concerning is that it's the 3rd week of the transfer window and NO ONE has been signed. Every week there's a story linking players, and there's a story about how much money he has to spend, but he's never buying ANYONE, he's not even putting in formal bids. You can tell me world class players aren't available, but damnit ANYONE is better than Cleverley at this point. If you're a manager who needs 6 or so world class players, I would think you'd try and sign AT LEAST 2 players in Jan, and the rest in the summer.

It's moments like this that clearly show that Moyes is way out of his depth and has no clue what he's doing.

Part of me honestly thinks that Mourniho is just ******g with you guys. Giving Moyes and the United fanbase something to get excited about in signing a big name player, so Moyes will focus on it, but Mourinho will pull it away at the last minute and United will be left with nothing but an even more pissed supporters.

That is EXACTLY what I think will happen.

With the inexperience of Woodward, I can see him getting baited easily.

Blackpool Football Club can confirm that manager Paul Ince and assistants Alex Rae and Steve Thompson have had their contracts terminated with immediate effect.

Barry Ferguson will take charge of training when the players return on Thursday.

A further announcement will be made in due course.
Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-210114-1308266.aspx#jgGH0OfCjRAMP3Zf.99

Monaco striker Lacina Traore's expected move to Everton is a major step closer after the club obtained a work permit for the Ivory Coast international. (SkySports)
Not surprised in regards to the sacking of Paul. His son is definitely going to leave the club now.

One can only wonder why his stellar tactics as shown in this gif.....

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

didn't work. :rofl: :rofl:

He needs to move on and find a new occupation or way to pass his time. Maybe he should just go and be a pundit.

United want Dante? All this talk about midfielders and mata and in reality what they really need is a CB just as much. Vidic and Rio are on there last legs.

I think Dante is a bad pickup tho, he's old man. Surprised Mangala hasn't been linked heavy this transfer window, maybe next,

Oh and Rooney to Real this summer :nerd:

Wouldn't doubt it at all if Real aren't able to pick up Suarez. Ronny and Rooney playing again, that'd be fun. They had great chemistry. Plus he's better than Benz and it makes the team stronger.

Rooney would go in a jiffy.

I can't see Jose selling Mata to a rival unless Mata really pressed the issue. If he goes anywhere, I think it will be outside of the Prem.

I don't think the cost of Dante is worth it, he's a great player but he's 30 years old.

I can't see Jose selling Mata to a rival unless Mata really pressed the issue. If he goes anywhere, I think it will be outside of the Prem.

I don't think the cost of Dante is worth it, he's a great player but he's 30 years old.

I mean really ^^ this can't be emphasised enough.

Vidic 32
Ferdinand 35

To bring in a 30 year old is just ridiculously stupid.

I would like to see a 23-27 year old come in.

Whelp, apparently Chelsea want £42m For Mata so if United can have him by the weekend if they meet the price... :rolleyes

eiddy, if your going to spend a lot of money on a player in the transfer market, I wouldn't want someone older than 25 if I'm paying top dollar.

Last edited:
Whelp, apparently Chelsea want £42m For Mata so if United can have him by the weekend if they meet the price... :rolleyes

eiddy, if your going to spend a lot of money on a player in the transfer market, I wouldn't want someone older than 25 if I'm paying top dollar.

I would normally agree. But at this point, Moyes needs to get in a quality player that may be able to raise the spirits and levels of everyone else. So hey, a 26 or 27 year old with quality can do that.

If he waits around until a younger player comes onto the market, he can find his team playing in Europa, which will lead to other quality young players not keen to join. Rooney looking for an exit, RVP ageing out and suddenly United are in a cluster#*@(#

If I were Moyes, I'd be tapping Klopp's phones to find out where he's going to unearth that next 21 year old rough diamond, or at least calling David Gill to do him a solid and secure Mata on his behalf.

Wenger at Heathrow this morning. Where's he going?! (Via @davidhickman14 )
BelOeLAIQAAVKgS.jpg

@samuelj29060 Mata & Guarin both skipped training today
Former Blackpool defender Ian Evatt
BekVTyDIYAAERlI.jpg

Aside from Evra looking old from time to time, that back line has talent. They're just not playing sound fundamental defensive football. They concede too much space, they're making the wrong reads, & worse making horrible mistakes that often result in horrible fouls. They don't look prepared at all when they hit the pitch.

:x All of Columbia is holding their breath right now... Falcao injured his knee during a game against Chasselay today. They think it's serious...

People who saw the City game, how did Marcos lopes do?

9-0 aggregate, ew

Very well, IMO. Did fine in tight space, had two assists, and contributed for the entire 90'. He has to cherish his opportunities a bit more as he had some wasteful moments, but other than that he was straight. I'd give him a B.

My-T.

Last edited:
Very well, IMO. Did fine in tight space, had two assists, and contributed for the entire 90'. He has to cherish his opportunities a bit more as he had some wasteful moments, but other than that he was straight. I'd give him a B.

My-T.

Wonder if he's the replacement for David Silva couple years down the line, hope so. I feel like he should go on loan tho.

That tackle on Falcao was a red card right? Disgusting act

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom