The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

100+ goals and all those thrashings they've handed out...i'm gonna laugh my *** off if City don't win the league...

How ugly will it get if Man U don't make CL?

i'm not sure what you meant by "ugly",but as a fan i'm honestly alright with it...
matter of fact Utd could stay out of Europe totally,i'd still be cool...

maybe it's better for Moyes that way,to concentrate on building his own team and focus solely on the league...

financially they'll lose out big time,of course...but Utd's not really a broke club so i guess they'll be fine...
aren't they in crazy debt?

and their public stock losing value?

Though astronomical, that debt figure can be misleading. The one figure to pay attention to is how much cash on hand a club has & if that figure has increased quarter to quarter, year to year...

Wow city really have two banners based solely on our managers.. I see they still pride themselves on being in our shadows

Last edited:
Premier League: Joe Kinnear resigns from Newcastle United role

The club confirmed the 67-year-old was no longer part of their backroom staff in a brief statement on Monday night and said no further comment would be made on the subject.

Kinnear was a controversial appointment by owner Mike Ashley in June last year, with his main role to identify new talent for manager Alan Pardew.

"Newcastle United can confirm that Joe Kinnear has this evening resigned from his position as Director of Football with immediate effect. The Club will be making no further comment."
Newcastle Utd statement

But there was only one addition to Newcastle's senior squad last summer, a loan deal bringing striker Loic Remy to the club from Queens Park Rangers.

The only permanent addition he engineered during his return to the north-east turned out to be teenage prospect Olivier Kemen from Metz.

January's transfer window proved just as frustrating for Newcastle fans waiting to see their squad boosted, with just one player joining - striker Luuk de Jong from Borussia Monchengladbach, again on loan.

There was also one huge void left to fill, with the club allowing influential midfielder Yohan Cabaye to join Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of around £20m.

They were interested in signing Lyon's Clement Grenier and Montpellier's Remy Cabella but neither deal was ever consummated.

Worse would follow in their first fixture after the window closed when they were thrashed 3-0 by fierce rivals Sunderland at St James' Park, with Kinnear and Ashley nowhere to be seen as Pardew bore the brunt of a furious backlash.

"Maybe it's Newcastle's way of trying to say that the performance on Saturday wasn't good enough and why they didn't get any new players in, maybe that's one of the reasons."
Alan Shearer
Former Newcastle striker Alan Shearer has expressed dismay at the way the club is conducting itself off the field after Kinnear's resignation.

"That's life at Newcastle United," he said.

"I shouldn't say I'm surprised but I was surprised in the first place when he was announced director, particularly the way the news was broken when Joe himself announced it on the radio when he got some of the players' names wrong.

"What has he been there now, about seven months? And two players have come in, albeit both players on loan.

"Maybe it's Newcastle's way of trying to say that the performance on Saturday wasn't good enough and why they didn't get any new players in, maybe that's one of the reasons.

"But they can only get players in if there's one man prepared to sign a chequebook."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...oe-kinnear-resigns-from-newcastle-united-role

One of the J-League managers still got it... :smokin

7ojc90U.gif

Last edited:
«@ESPNFC «@ManUtd BREAKING: We can confirm this year’s #mufc pre-season tour will take place in the United States. #mutour »»

I give chelsea credit but city lost that game to me. What were they doing on defense? They showed the replay of Silva walking back on the goal.....meanwhile chelsea had 5 guys behind the ball at all times....they were very well organized in the back.

Hazard was on a different level out there.
demichelis played solid defense but he hampered the offense greatly Fernandinho was greatly missed there
The team is so much more dangerous with Aguero. Dzeko missed a couple chances that i think aguero could have done more with

But credit to chelsea their defense was honestly something to behold and when they countered they constantly had numbers.....but city didn't even look like they wanted to defend. Kompany was yelling at people all game they were a mess in the back. Fun game to watch...can't wait for arsenal vs liverpool next week

Last edited:
I give chelsea credit but city lost that game to me. What were they doing on defense? They showed the replay of Silva walking back on the goal.....meanwhile chelsea had 5 guys behind the ball at all times....they were very well organized in the back.

demichelis played solid defense but he hampered the offense greatly Fernandinho was greatly missed there
The team is so much more dangerous with Aguero. Dzeko missed a couple chances that i think aguero could have done more with

But credit to chelsea their defense was honestly something to behold and when they countered they constantly had numbers.....but city didn't even look like they wanted to defend. Kompany was yelling at people all game they were a mess in the back. Fun game to watch...can't wait for arsenal vs liverpool next week

Agreed with most of this. Demichelis was City's freest player, and couldn't take advantage of the space he had - limited though it was. Dzeko and Negredo aren't an ideal partnership anyway, but certainly not against a quality organized side. They both want to occupy the same space and make the same movements. They were more threatening when Jovetic came on as he plays between the lines and can beat/commit defenders.

And of course it was a defensive lineup and the tactics corresponded. The primary reason for Mou's selection was so that they could break up City's central play - which inherently makes it a defensive strategy. That doesn't mean they weren't going to be able to create chances - City certainly gave the ball away enough. The fact that it was a 3v2 in midfield made it easier for Chelsea.

Mou's fooling no one by downplaying Chelsea as somehow being too young. He plays all of two young players regularly. Race to the title should be very interesting - for England and Spain.

Last edited:

Agreed with most of this. Demichelis was City's freest player, and couldn't take advantage of the space he had - limited though it was. Dzeko and Negredo aren't an ideal partnership anyway, but certainly not against a quality organized side. They both want to occupy the same space and make the same movements. They were more threatening when Jovetic came on as he plays between the lines and can beat/commit defenders.

And of course it was a defensive lineup and the tactics corresponded. The primary reason for Mou's selection was so that they could break up City's central play - which inherently makes it a defensive strategy. That doesn't mean they weren't going to be able to create chances - City certainly gave the ball away enough. The fact that it was a 3v2 in midfield made it easier for Chelsea.

Mou's fooling no one by downplaying Chelsea as somehow being too young. He plays all of two young players regularly. Race to the title should be very interesting - for England and Spain.

Maybe thats why it stood out to me Demichelis was the most free player for city it seemed. And definitely agree about Jovetic. He tracked back well and was picking the ball up in more of a recessed position.

Maybe thats why it stood out to me Demichelis was the most free player for city it seemed. And definitely agree about Jovetic. He tracked back well and was picking the ball up in more of a recessed position.

Yeah it stood out pretty starkly. Probably by design - Matic stayed quite deep and Luiz shaded over keeping an eye on Silva. Ramires had more of a box to box role so occasionally Demichelis was left free - only he couldn't dribble or play an incisive pass so it didn't matter.

"Full-backs have got to be wingers and wingers have got to be full-backs. There's no excuse any more. There is too much evidence in the way the game is going to say 'we will have a luxury player on the left or right'. Unfortunately not - not at the top level.

"There's a lot of evidence in the last 12 months, watching Dortmund and watching Munich and tonight with Chelsea; that's the way the game is going."

Neville's a rather good analyst, but this is hardly a new thing. The only CL winner in recent memory I can recall to have played a 'luxury' player nominally wide was probably Barça in 2006 with Ronaldinho. It's why Fergie played CR up front when they won the CL, and why Mou criticized the same player on his way out the door last summer.
The guy who was Chelsea's first choice for manager is the best in the world for me, but decent article otherwise. CFC may be a few goals short, but if they can turn some would-be draws into narrow wins anything can happen.

Last edited:
I'm gonna watch the replay of the game today while doing hw and pay more attention to the details vs the score :lol:

Back
Top Bottom