The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I'm not arguing against that. I just see it as a hollow victory :lol: Kinda like how Chelsea won the CL based on miracles taking place every match. They won the CL, but they were nowhere close to being the best team in Europe. If I were a Chelsea fan I wouldn't brag about that trophy, but maybe that's just me.

You just sound bitter, homie. No such thing as a "hollow victory" when your team is the Victor.

And that Chelsea logic is just backwards.... it's like saying we might as well give the NBA Finals trophy to the Heat since they're in most eyes the best team in the league, so why even host the playoffs since any other team who could possibly win would ultimately be undeserving. :lol:

Nicholas Liddle ‏@NicholasLiddle 23m
@JozyAltidore Must be happy since he's ripping into people better then ripping into defenders

Jozy Altidore‏@JozyAltidore
@NicholasLiddle yup and the blonde in your profile pic is next [emoji]128514[/emoji] lol

Why would I be bitter when I'm not a fan of any of those other teams? I'd like Arsenal to win the EPL but I know they're trash (relatively).

And how is the Chelsea logic backwards? You didn't see their luck run out and get bounced out the group stage a few months later? Your playoff comparison doesn't even make sense. There's a @#$@ load of more games that a team has to play to get to the finals, compared to the CL where once in a while a mediocre team like Chelsea can get extremely lucky and pull off a few fluke victories to win it all.

I guess to a bunch of you guys, winning is everything no matter how you got it. Even if your team scored 0 goals all season and won purely off miraculous deflected own goals every match, you'd brag about being champions. Oh well

Last edited:
Why would I be bitter when I'm not a fan of any of those other teams? I'd like Arsenal to win the EPL but I know they're trash (relatively).

And how is the Chelsea logic backwards? You didn't see their luck run out and get bounced out the group stage a few months later? Your playoff comparison doesn't even make sense. There's a @#$@ load of more games that a team has to play to get to the finals, compared to the CL where once in a while a mediocre team like Chelsea can get extremely lucky and pull off a few fluke victories to win it all.

I guess to a bunch of you guys, winning is everything no matter how you got it. Even if your team scored 0 goals all season and won purely off miraculous deflected own goals every match, you'd brag about being champions. Oh well

Man, Im a gooner myself, and even I know if they miraculously won the league, you got damn right I would be celebrating winning more than anything. :lol:

Point blank. The season is not over. No team DESERVES to win the league more than any other up until the final match is played. You don't automatically deserve the title because you sat atop the table for 3/4 of the season or you had formidable well-fought wins against good opponents.

It doesn't matter if you are the dominating favorite in the NBA Finals, the last 3 games of the Premier League, or the CL... throw luck, destiny, collapse all in the same pool, if you're not holding the trophy up when its all said and done, it was all for naught. PERIOD.

Repped. I thought of you and that pic you posted after my stupid score center alerted me during work. I kept checking my phone everytime it was vibrating but it was just all subs from both sides coming in. I was nervous as hell then I saw the score 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Repped. I thought of you and that pic you posted after my stupid score center alerted me during work. I kept checking my phone everytime it was vibrating but it was just all subs from both sides coming in. I was nervous as hell then I saw the score :lol:  :smh:

Thanks lol
I just realized atletico just needs a tie to win. They can play us with that defense and then counter. I was hoping it would be a must win for them but its just a must win for us. Hopefully malaga ties or beats them this weekend.

"It's a shtoopid question..."
I'm starting to like this guy... :lol:

"...and the good times will come back soon!"
fellow Utd fans in here...if that speech has not convinced you,then maybe this will:

Robin knows something we don't :evil:

View media item 960383

indifferent.gif

you must have the blues 

Nicholas Liddle ‏@NicholasLiddle 23m
@JozyAltidore Must be happy since he's ripping into people better then ripping into defenders

Jozy Altidore‏@JozyAltidore
@NicholasLiddle yup and the blonde in your profile pic is next [emoji]128514[/emoji] lol

He needs to spend more time in the training ground instead of being on twitter.

Its no one but Liverpool's fault that theyblew a 3 nil lead with less than 15 minutes left. All the top teams dropped points somewhere along the road that they had no business dropping. Pool , City, and Chelsea all had good seasons.

And im sure you forgot that Agüero missed a ton of games this season. Silva, Toure, Navas, and Jovetic also missed time. The team stepped up when it had to. Very well deserved.
Dead on. Get outta here with that luck crap it goes both ways. Its only luck for City and Barca when its Liverpool and Real dropping points to garbage teams? Were Liverpool and Real not lucky to have Barca, Atletico, Chelsea and City drop points? Goes both ways.

You still have to win out. Pointing fingers at luck when its your team who lost /drew crucial games :lol:

Last edited:
End of "an era" for the Korean national team. The Reds won't feature Park Ji-sung this summer... :frown:

Last edited:
German 30-man squad is out. Khedira is in, Ter-Stegen is not. Nor is Mario Gomez, but he hasn't been healthy all year.

Goalkeepers: Neuer, Weidenfeller, Zieler.

Defenders Boateng, Durm, Grosskreutz, Höwedes, Hummels, Jansen, Lahm, Mertesacker, Mustafi, Schmelzer, Ginter.

Midfielders/forwards Lars Bender, Draxler, Götze, Goretzka, Hahn, Khedira, Klose, Kroos, Meyer, Müller, Özil, Podolski, Reus, Schürrle, Schweinsteiger, Volland.

Anybody know when Portugal releases?

End of "an era" for the Korean national team. The Reds won't feature Park Ji-sung this summer... :frown:

3-Lung Park :smokin

Great player, great attitude, amazing work rate.

Hey you might know... Where can I get a United Park name set in child/junior size? I'd like to put it on my son's blank United shirt... Gotta represent for the KO-reans...

Will ask someone who I think will know.

Everytime I see that United/Chevy shirt, I keep hearing that Bob Seger song or this... Maybe United can play the Dukes of Hazard theme song when the side enters the pitch... :rolleyes :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom