The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Who do you guys feel mad the biggest moves so far besides the giant clubs?

I really like Roma and Napoli's the most.

Fenerbahce fans.
BRCNySoCAAAxqbS.jpg:large

spurs, if bale stays they are my pick to win the league

No.

They're not the strongest in defence. Spurs is still missing a Modric like player to drive the team as well.

Norwich as well. Not the biggest names but lowkey names with potential

I must agree with you here. Norwich looks to be putting together a solid team that could push for top 10. As long as they keep building like that solidly over the years and watch their finances they will be in a great position.

If Soldado plays well, Spurs could be a top 3 team in the EPL at the end. Man Utd and Arsenal have done nothing to improve, while Spurs, Chelsea and City all loaded up. 

My early season prediction for the EPL

1. Chelsea (not because Im biased, i legit think they have the best squad)

2. Man City 

3. Tottenham

4. Man Utd

5. Arsenal

6. Everton

7. Liverpool 

Other league winners

La Liga - Real Madrid (Classicos are gonna be fun this year)

Serie A- Juventus (Napoli havent done enough to dethrone them yet)

Bundesliga - Borussia Dortmund (if Lewandowski stays, I think they beat Bayern this season)

Ligue Un - Paris St. German (the competition from OL/OM and Monaco isnt enough to oust them)

Primeira Liga - Benfica (Im looking forward to the Benfica vs Porto games)

Champions League - Real Madrid (Top to bottom this team is the most stacked in Europe. If they dont win this season, it should be considered a failure of a season)

If Soldado plays well, Spurs could be a top 3 team in the EPL at the end. Man Utd and Arsenal have done nothing to improve, while Spurs, Chelsea and City all loaded up. 

2. Man City 
3. Tottenham
4. Man Utd
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Liverpool 

Other league winners

Bundesliga - Borussia Dortmund (if Lewandowski stays, I think they beat Bayern this season)

Ligue Un - Paris St. German (the competition from OL/OM and Monaco isnt enough to oust them)

Champions League - Real Madrid (Top to bottom this team is the most stacked in Europe. If they dont win this season, it should be considered a failure of a season)

No way Spurs are finishing ahead of United, Id be VERY VERY surprised if this happened, The thing is with Spurs is that they do not have the winners mentality and that is why at the crucial moments in the season they lose it

My tips for the coming season:

EPL - Chelsea (kills me to say but Jose returning is the key point, Think City will run them close, United 3rd)

La Liga - Barcelona (Seems to me that they have got there hunger back)

Serie A - Juventus ( But i do think Napoli will run them close, Would not surprise me if they win, Fiorentina the dark hose)

Bundesliga - Bayern (Too strong for Dortmund IMO)

Ligue 1 - PSG

UCL Playoff Draw...

Dinamo Zagreb v Austria Vienna

Ludogorets v Basel

Plzen v Maribor

Shakhter Karaganda v Celtic

Steaua Bucharest v Legia Warsaw

Lyon v Real Sociedad

Schalke 04 v FC Metalist Kharkiv

Pacos Ferreira v Zenit St Petersburg

PSV v Milan

Fenerbahce v Arsenal

Ties to be played 20-21 and 27-28 August

Man I want to make full season predictions but I can't right now. Too many transfer days left. I'll hold off till the end of August.

I'll go with:

EPL: Chelsea, but in my heart Arsenal will shock get Suarez, then Walcott will continue to become a beast and we wil break the drought :lol:

Bundesliga: Bayern (just disgusting depth on this team, maybe aside from forward but that won't hold them back)

Ligue 1: Smh but if PSG don't win again it will be a monumental failure, damn oil money

Serie A: Juventus (will be very tough again like those above, Napoli could give them some trouble I hope Roma makes a CL spot for Mike Bradley too though :smokin

la Liga: Real Madrid (I think they're primed this yr to take over) but wouldn't surprise me if Barca won again, never doubt messi :lol:

Premeira Liga: Benfica (Coupe wont like this :lol: but I have to see how The Porto replacements step up) it'll probably be very close again

Champions League: Bayern

Last edited:
Wether United has bought players or not to have spurs above us is just mad.. Even if we field the exact same team as last yr.. we still have a shot a better shot at title than spurs.

spurs, if bale stays they are my pick to win the league

No.

They're not the strongest in defence. Spurs is still missing a Modric like player to drive the team as well.

Norwich as well. Not the biggest names but lowkey names with potential

I must agree with you here. Norwich looks to be putting together a solid team that could push for top 10. As long as they keep building like that solidly over the years and watch their finances they will be in a great position.

I'm looking forward to see how they do this season. I have been debating which Norwich players to have on my fantasy team. I keep switching it up. I'm interested in Fey because dude becomes a beast in FIFA :lol:

PSV vs Milan should be interesting, I was worried we would be matched up against the Dutch side. Fenerbache won't be a breeze but we should be able to get pass them

@NBCSportsSoccer Hull City AFC to be called Hull Tigers from now on what!? - Premier League new boys decide to change their name. I... http://ow.ly/2z0ZTC
- So.... RT@FinallyMario Finally my little pig arrived! She's 2 month old! Is a she but I called her SUPER! ;-)
View media item 531550:lol:

Last edited:
I don't mind some of y'all picking Benfica at all. I'm a Porto fan in and out but even I have to be somewhat objective, it's going to be difficult for Porto to win again. I wouldn't bet my money on it.

However I'm extremly happy with the players we signed. They may be too young to win it this year but there's great talent. Can't wait to see Quintero, Kelvin, and Iturbe come together. I expect Jackson Martinez to have a monster year tho.

If we do win this year tho, Benfica should just give up.

Sucks that its PSV Milan. Wanted both to go through

Should be great games to watch nonetheless

Moyes bidding for fellaini after the clause is a little fishy, added with the several bids for Fabregas something is not right here. It's like United wait until No is the definite answer to bid on someone.

Raheem needs to "steady" himself... Beating on his girl no less...

Tough CL draw for Arsenal (Fenerbahce). I like Wenger, but do Gooners think the game has passed him by? He had a lot of money available for the summer transfer window & he hasn't gotten anybody of note. :rolleyes

Transfer rumors -

- Moyes eyeing a final £40m Fabregas bid. :x
- Inter & Napoli are rumored to be interested in Eto'o...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-23633560

Liverpool's Raheem Sterling charged with assault

Liverpool footballer Raheem Sterling has been charged with assault following an incident on Merseyside.

The player, who made his debut for England last year, was arrested at about 22:30 BST on Thursday in the Page Moss area of Huyton.

He pleaded not guilty to the charge of common assault at Liverpool Magistrates' Court.

The 18-year-old was bailed ahead of a trial at the same court on 20 September.

The incident followed the announcement of the player's inclusion in the England Under-21s squad for their friendly with Scotland next week.
:rolleyes

Last edited:
I don't mind some of y'all picking Benfica at all. I'm a Porto fan in and out but even I have to be somewhat objective, it's going to be difficult for Porto to win again. I wouldn't bet my money on it.

However I'm extremly happy with the players we signed. They may be too young to win it this year but there's great talent. Can't wait to see Quintero, Kelvin, and Iturbe come together. I expect Jackson Martinez to have a monster year tho.

If we do win this year tho, Benfica should just give up.

I still got you Guys for the league :smokin

Tough CL draw for Arsenal (Fenerbahce). I like Wenger, but do Gooners think the game has passed him by? He had a lot of money available for the summer transfer window & he hasn't gotten anybody of note. :rolleyes

*Sigh*

@AFCM18 Professional Footballers' Association chief Gordon Taylor says it will be "practically impossible" for Luis Suarez to leave this month

Things should have gone smoothly and much better so far this window. I don't even want Suarez at the club. And it seems that buying players for other positions relies on buying Suarez first. TV5 is out injured and Miquel is going on loan, we don't even have any CB's to rotate. As good as Sagna is filling in that role, Jenkinson isn't ready yet to play RB. And worst case scenario, one of them gets injured, then what? Our players are begging for new signings, it's clear that we need them. But for whatever reason AW is slacking despite our funds. The board doesn't seem to care much, as usual there isn't much pressure from them, just empty words. I would love to know what plan b is.

Wenger is in the last year of his contract, in prior post I have said that we should wait until towards the end of the '13-'14 season to see where we are as regards to how we have progressed in terms of offering him a new contract. But I think soon enough we'll get an idea. I don't think I can be much of Wenger as manager supporter much longer.

2. Man City 
3. Tottenham
4. Man Utd
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Liverpool 

Other league winners

Madrid is not more stacked than Bayern. Bayern is head and shoulders above every team in the world right now, AND they keep buying all of Dortmund's best players. No way they're losing the title to them. :ll

Madrid is not more stacked than Bayern. Bayern is head and shoulders above every team in the world right now, AND they keep buying all of Dortmund's best players. No way they're losing the title to them. :ll
No, you underestimate the change of Bayerns coach. I think in 20 years from now, people maybe call Heynkes the best coach of all time. It's nearly impossible to top that. And when Bayern begin to lose their first matches I'm quite sure that they'll become nervous like in the past. This season will not be as good as the last one.

No, you underestimate the change of Bayerns coach. I think in 20 years from now, people maybe call Heynkes the best coach of all time. It's nearly impossible to top that. And when Bayern begin to lose their first matches I'm quite sure that they'll become nervous like in the past. This season will not be as good as the last one.

20 years from now Mourinho will be called the best coach of all time. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom