The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Wanted Athletico to win, but props to Real Madrid for wanting it more and playing their heart out.
Did you watch the game, man? Atletico literally ran themselves ragged the whole game. Even Villa was making tackles. I've never seen a team try so hard and want it so bad. Real looked like an average team for 86 minutes of that game. Such a shame it ended like it did.

As a RM supporter, Bale wasted countless opportunities, Khedira showed rust, Ronaldo and Benzema were not significantly impactful, and Casillas made rare, head scratching blunders. Unfortunate Atleti controlled the match for nearly a full 90 before RM's desperation prevailed in stoppage time.

Ronaldo on top of the world this term, amazing to watch him play. I'm grateful to be able to watch two of the all time greats year in year out. Congrats to RM on la decima. Bring on the World Cup!!

Looks like a Bozo :lol:

BTW, called it before the season. I think Real would have a better chance of winning La Decima rather than winning the liga. They were my picks. :pimp:

However I was wrong with the EPL and La Liga champions :\
I picked Bayern to win CL.

I hope people now realize that mourinho is overrated. Ancelotti won the CL in a year and mourinho couldn't do it in 3 years

Hmmm.

BogeUgfIAAEW-B1.jpg:large

I hope people now realize that mourinho is overrated. Ancelotti won the CL in a year and mourinho couldn't do it in 3 years
Just because he did not win CL with Real does not mean he is overrated. He accomplished a lot while with Real and has had nothing but success at each club he has been with. I don't know about y'all but I woke up and didn't have any games to watch, looked at the calendar only to count down days til World cup.

I don't think Jose is overrated but he's a slave to his coaching dogma & hasn't been able to adapt/reconfigure/recalibrate his style/tactics (like most successful coaches including my favorite Pep).

Real Madrid Sur Ultra's celebrating in Lisbon by shouting seig heil nazi salute... Real's had a long standing problem with a certain faction of their Ultra's being nazi supporters...

Last edited:

He took on the challenge of managing a Madrid team against one of the most best teams ever assembled (Barca 09-12). He was going to have a hard time regardless.

However, to be honest the Madrid team from 2012 that broke La Liga records but that lost in penalties in the semi-finals against Bayern was a better team than this Madrid. Ramos redeemed himself yesterday for booting that penalty into pluto in 2012. :lol:

Thats just the way football works man. This Real team was good but they weren't historic. They could have been in 2012, that team was a machine.

R
He took on the challenge of managing a Madrid team against one of the most best teams ever assembled (Barca 09-12). He was going to have a hard time regardless.

However, to be honest the Madrid team from 2012 that broke La Liga records but that lost in penalties in the semi-finals against Bayern was a better team than this Madrid. Ramos redeemed himself yesterday for booting that penalty into pluto in 2012. :lol:

Thats just the way football works man. This Real team was good but they weren't historic. They could have been in 2012, that team was a machine.

Agree completely .. Funny the way things work themselves out, deff didn't deserve a treble

United ready to get rid of him already? 
mean.gif

Final Four of the Copa Libertadores:

Boilvar (Bolivia) vs San Lorenzo (Argentina)

Defensor Sporting (Uruguay) vs Nacional (Paraguay)

First time in 5 years a Brazilian team wont win the competition 

United ready to get rid of him already? :smh:

Final Four of the Copa Libertadores:

Boilvar (Bolivia) vs San Lorenzo (Argentina)
Defensor Sporting (Uruguay) vs Nacional (Paraguay)

First time in 5 years a Brazilian team wont win the competition 

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom