The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Neymar is good, not as great as people make him out to be. Purely a product of Nike marketing hype to generate revenue

I swear this crop of noobs are grating.... They clearly watch part time if at all & writing these stupefied opinions like they're gospel....

Silly season :pimp:

While we're at it, Portland Timbers made a 2MM offer to Joleon Lescott. According to Taylor Twellman.
I doubt he takes the offer. I can see him in the MLS tho. No matter how much I ripped him at City i'll take anyone to bolster our backline.

Last edited:
IT's World Cup time so the regulars in here should already be expecting an influx of once every 4 year soccer fans. 
laugh.gif

On another note. This is hilarious... 

roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
The WC is def around the corner, bcs all these noobs are coming in throwing jabs like people are stupid or something... Happening in the USMNT thread too.... :rolleyes :smh:

Word.

On a different but similar topic I hate how all these Sportscenter and FoxSportsLive analysts feint interest in the world cup when they bash soccer every chance they get.
If they are being forced by their bosses to report on it during the world cup then they shouldnt bash it during the off season.

I mean how many of us believe Colin Cowherd is a real Soccer fan? Not many of us do but he has stopped bashing the sport (that ive heard) since they probably forced him to discuss and interview soccer people. I respect him a little more for that.

ESPN Analysts are probably more open minded to the the sport than Fox Sports 1 analyst though. Its understandable cuz they only have former NFL,NBA and MLB players and Andy Roddick on FX1. I would expect the two canadian hosts to not bash soccer but sometimes they do...cattle LOL

Last edited:
I was reading an SI article on how the President of ESPN is actually a huge soccer fan. So all the expanded WC coverage, ESPN FC, soccer discussion, etc is because of him.

If you want soccer, and the MLS to become more popular in the US you can't complain when it actually does get it talked about. Gotta start somewhere.

I was reading an SI article on how the President of ESPN is actually a huge soccer fan. So all the expanded WC coverage, ESPN FC, soccer discussion, etc is because of him.

If you want soccer, and the MLS to become more popular in the US you can't complain when it actually does get it talked about. Gotta start somewhere.

Hmm did not know that about the president.

I dont really care if it becomes more popular. Im just saying they should treat it like Hockey and Nascar instead of bashing it and coming off like idiots when they feint all this interest.

That is all.

I get my soccer fix on spanish channels.
I turn to ESPN and Fox1 for NFL and MLB coverage.

Last edited:
Player to watch from each squad, my personal take/interest:

Group B
Spain - Koke
Netherlands - Terence Kongolo
Besides Wijnaldum and Clasie, who I've hyped tremendously on NT.

Costa Rica - Joel Campbell

Group G
Germany - Matthias Ginter
Portugal - William Carvalho
Ghana - Christian Atsu
USA - Julian Green

Korea - Son Heung-min

These are some of the players I'm looking forward to seeing play as well.
I don't think Green will play much but regardless, I want him to be great when he comes on. A lot of people are comparing it to when Theo Walcott was brought into the WC at a young age. I hope that in the next friendly he really shows up. The talent is there so is the pressure and nervousness. The former is also a the fault of the coaches. He has failed to impress. I think people were expecting a lot right away but I understand why their expectations were high.

I'm a big Clasie fan as well, I would love to see him flourish in another league. Props to Feyenoord. So many players and former players in the WC squad.

I almost forgot that Atsu was a Chelsea player. I haven't seen any Ghana friendlies so far but I know he had a good/decent season. I'm looking forward to see what he brings (of course not against the USA:D)

Any peeps in the NYC area looking to meet up and watch some of the world cup games at sports bars in Manhattan?
Count me in.

Same

I'm down

There's a chance this WC is a disaster waiting to happen between the protests & possible riots along with the safety of the stadiums & infrastructure built. Brazil was so far behind (almost a year behind on some projects). You can't tell me they caught up staying within code, you can't tell me some people signed off on projects with them not being safe...

Doesn't FIFA have people that check on all that stuff before the games begin

If anything goes wrong, it'll look bad on the FIFA brand too

There's the goal for B-H.

Also, somebody want to explain how Talavera is wearing a blue kit, same as Bosnia? :lol:

There's a chance this WC is a disaster waiting to happen between the protests & possible riots along with the safety of the stadiums & infrastructure built. Brazil was so far behind (almost a year behind on some projects). You can't tell me they caught up staying within code, you can't tell me some people signed off on projects with them not being safe...

Doesn't FIFA have people that check on all that stuff before the games begin

If anything goes wrong, it'll look bad on the FIFA brand too

That is wherein lies the problem. They're in receipt of large payoffs & their inspectors probably aren't doing any thorough investigations. If a problem occurs, FIFA will blame it on Brazilian officials & say they were in receipt of falsified documents.

There is no way that Brazil could've over come being so behind schedule as they were without taking massive short cuts.

You also have the problem with the protest & the civil disturbances that will occur. There were apprx 100k protestors in Rio from June 18 through June 19... The streets were jam packed with people protesting the funds spent on the WC & Olympic projects & virtually nothing going to local infrastructure like housing, education, jobs. etc...

Back
Top Bottom