The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

frown.gif

That is the biggest Arsenal win in years.  Great performance.  Killed the game off after the goal and got the 3 pts
pimp.gif

That is the biggest Arsenal win in years.  Great performance.  Killed the game off after the goal and got the 3 pts
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

pimp.gif
I think it was our biggest win since we beat Chelsea at the Emirates in 07 or 08 (cant remember).

pimp.gif
I think it was our biggest win since we beat Chelsea at the Emirates in 07 or 08 (cant remember).

Biggest since beating us at the Bridge in 08.

It's painfully obvious we need at least one if not two CB's (maybe G. Cahill, David Luiz, or Roger Johnson).

We also need to reanalyze what we are doing in midfield. We have many great players, but some are playing out of position.

Most obvious are Ramires and Mikel. Ramires is an attacking midfielder, not a holding midfielder or side midfielder.

Although Mikel is comfortable now at defending mid, he is originally an attacking mid, a role he prefers.

Besides Essien, who can control the midfield game? Lampard, Ramires, and Mikel all attack, hence why were resorting to long balls and counterattacking, essentially rushing the ball upfield, rather different from last year.

It's painfully obvious we need at least one if not two CB's (maybe G. Cahill, David Luiz, or Roger Johnson).

We also need to reanalyze what we are doing in midfield. We have many great players, but some are playing out of position.

Most obvious are Ramires and Mikel. Ramires is an attacking midfielder, not a holding midfielder or side midfielder.

Although Mikel is comfortable now at defending mid, he is originally an attacking mid, a role he prefers.

Besides Essien, who can control the midfield game? Lampard, Ramires, and Mikel all attack, hence why were resorting to long balls and counterattacking, essentially rushing the ball upfield, rather different from last year.

Sacking Ancelotti will also do nothing except confuse the team midway through the season, only making our problems worse.

We may now have an uphill battle in the BPL, but we are certainly still in the thick of things in the FA Cup, and Champions League.

IF anyone knows how to handle this situation it is Ancelotti.

Sacking Ancelotti will also do nothing except confuse the team midway through the season, only making our problems worse.

We may now have an uphill battle in the BPL, but we are certainly still in the thick of things in the FA Cup, and Champions League.

IF anyone knows how to handle this situation it is Ancelotti.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

I thought about that game but we started so slow that season that by the time that game took place we were already basically out of the title race even though the game was in like November.  I mean if you say we were in it then we were in it by a thread.  We beat Utd that same season at the Emirates too but again we were just happy to finish 4th that season.  I think the game Tevez is talking about is probably right because I am pretty sure we were leading the league then. 

I thought about that game but we started so slow that season that by the time that game took place we were already basically out of the title race even though the game was in like November.  I mean if you say we were in it then we were in it by a thread.  We beat Utd that same season at the Emirates too but again we were just happy to finish 4th that season.  I think the game Tevez is talking about is probably right because I am pretty sure we were leading the league then. 

Yeah, thats the game I'm talking about (We were leading the league going into February/March before collapsing).

I'm shocked at how poor Chelsea has been but I guess its time for them to reinforce the squad.

r9, Ramires is more like a box-to-box midfielder. He's not creative enough to be an attacking midfielder and not a good enough defender to be a defensive midfielder. His best quality is his industry...he runs non-stop which is exactly what you have to do to succeed as a Premiership player but he's too unpolished to meet Ancelotti's demands at the moment. I think fan expectations of him were too high. Anyone that watched him prior to this season saw that he wasnt the most skilled or talented player in the world but he is sort of like a jack-of-all-trades due to his work ethic on the pitch.

Yeah, thats the game I'm talking about (We were leading the league going into February/March before collapsing).

I'm shocked at how poor Chelsea has been but I guess its time for them to reinforce the squad.

r9, Ramires is more like a box-to-box midfielder. He's not creative enough to be an attacking midfielder and not a good enough defender to be a defensive midfielder. His best quality is his industry...he runs non-stop which is exactly what you have to do to succeed as a Premiership player but he's too unpolished to meet Ancelotti's demands at the moment. I think fan expectations of him were too high. Anyone that watched him prior to this season saw that he wasnt the most skilled or talented player in the world but he is sort of like a jack-of-all-trades due to his work ethic on the pitch.

I'll agree with you Carlos about Ramires, although I have never doubted his speed, stamina, and work ethic.

I think Arsenal will hold their own against Barcelona, and will definitely embarrass themselves much less than last time around.

Depending how healthy and determined both teams show up, we might see things get interesting.

I'll agree with you Carlos about Ramires, although I have never doubted his speed, stamina, and work ethic.

I think Arsenal will hold their own against Barcelona, and will definitely embarrass themselves much less than last time around.

Depending how healthy and determined both teams show up, we might see things get interesting.

"It's not just a slip in the league - Chelsea have won only twice in their last 10 matches in all competitions; against Fulham (currently the only Premier League team on a worse run of form than the Blues) and Champions League minnows MSK Zilina"

r6ztbs.jpg

heres the list of the next matches. Chelsea should have their hands full with a pretty promising side in Bolton, and i expect a pretty challenging match at st andrews for us as well.

Manchester City vs Aston Villa
Birmingham vs Man Utd
Chelsea v Bolton
Wigan Athletic v Arsenal

Back
Top Bottom