The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

"It's not just a slip in the league - Chelsea have won only twice in their last 10 matches in all competitions; against Fulham (currently the only Premier League team on a worse run of form than the Blues) and Champions League minnows MSK Zilina"

r6ztbs.jpg

heres the list of the next matches. Chelsea should have their hands full with a pretty promising side in Bolton, and i expect a pretty challenging match at st andrews for us as well.

Manchester City vs Aston Villa
Birmingham vs Man Utd
Chelsea v Bolton
Wigan Athletic v Arsenal

Barcelona is out of this world right now. I still think we have no chance. The only way is to park the bus at the Nou Camp and hope we get a goal somewhere along the way. I know we won't play that way so we will get exposed and lose by a large margin if I were to guess.

Barcelona is out of this world right now. I still think we have no chance. The only way is to park the bus at the Nou Camp and hope we get a goal somewhere along the way. I know we won't play that way so we will get exposed and lose by a large margin if I were to guess.

First, I agree with the notion that subbing Ramires for Obi Mikel was a mistake. Down 1-0 looking to equalize and that substitution would seem like a lack of faith in Drogba and Lampard to carry the attack second-half.
Secondly why does Ferreira start over Bosingwa? Paulo Ferreira is not good enough at RB and I bet Chelsea fans can't wait for Alex to return so Ivanovic can slide back outside to RB. 

Chelsea definitely needs another solid CB in the January transfer window. 

First, I agree with the notion that subbing Ramires for Obi Mikel was a mistake. Down 1-0 looking to equalize and that substitution would seem like a lack of faith in Drogba and Lampard to carry the attack second-half.
Secondly why does Ferreira start over Bosingwa? Paulo Ferreira is not good enough at RB and I bet Chelsea fans can't wait for Alex to return so Ivanovic can slide back outside to RB. 

Chelsea definitely needs another solid CB in the January transfer window. 

I know it's been talked about alot but I haven't seen it here but your guys thoughts on the whole Ray Wilkins / Chelsea saga? ...I mean their current for HAS to be related to the incident in some way, no? ...

know we're never gonna find out the truth about this but since he left the club IMO Chelsea's played about 90-135 minutes of real Chelsea football (that we're used to seeing)...

I think Chelsea needs to give it time, like they said on the broadcast today, this is the first time the Blues been able to run out their first choice options in the MF and attacking, whether you guys think it should be Anelka or Kalou that's another argument but I think in terms of having Obi Mikel, Essien and Lamps, this is exactly the MF that Ancelotti's been waiting for. Sure Chelsea needs cover at CB but does 35-40 mil on David Luiz really make sense for him to COVER until Alex returns. I think he'd be a good piece for them but once again I go back and say is 35-40 mil on 1 player in the defence going to stop the bleeding? personally, I don't think so, I could be wrong though...

I think Carlo will be given time to work out the squad at full strength (minus Alex) and see if the current form keeps up, if it does, I say they buy towards the end of the month but we'll see

I know it's been talked about alot but I haven't seen it here but your guys thoughts on the whole Ray Wilkins / Chelsea saga? ...I mean their current for HAS to be related to the incident in some way, no? ...

know we're never gonna find out the truth about this but since he left the club IMO Chelsea's played about 90-135 minutes of real Chelsea football (that we're used to seeing)...

I think Chelsea needs to give it time, like they said on the broadcast today, this is the first time the Blues been able to run out their first choice options in the MF and attacking, whether you guys think it should be Anelka or Kalou that's another argument but I think in terms of having Obi Mikel, Essien and Lamps, this is exactly the MF that Ancelotti's been waiting for. Sure Chelsea needs cover at CB but does 35-40 mil on David Luiz really make sense for him to COVER until Alex returns. I think he'd be a good piece for them but once again I go back and say is 35-40 mil on 1 player in the defence going to stop the bleeding? personally, I don't think so, I could be wrong though...

I think Carlo will be given time to work out the squad at full strength (minus Alex) and see if the current form keeps up, if it does, I say they buy towards the end of the month but we'll see

I guess the Wilkins departure has had an impact but I am shocked that it has been such a headache for Chelsea since Wilkins left. I mean this Chelsea team seems to always win the big games and they are experienced so I don't see how the departure of an assistant coach has put them in this tailspin. Luiz is really going to cost 35 mill? That is outrageous. Not many CB are worth that right now. I still think Chelsea will get it together and mount a title challenge. They are lucky they did not have to play Utd. last week.

I guess the Wilkins departure has had an impact but I am shocked that it has been such a headache for Chelsea since Wilkins left. I mean this Chelsea team seems to always win the big games and they are experienced so I don't see how the departure of an assistant coach has put them in this tailspin. Luiz is really going to cost 35 mill? That is outrageous. Not many CB are worth that right now. I still think Chelsea will get it together and mount a title challenge. They are lucky they did not have to play Utd. last week.

Ray Wilkins dismissal is the other factor besides injuries that have hurt Chelsea. He provided the grit and motivation to the teams play, i is no wonder that the majority of our blowouts in recent seasons were mostly within his time as assistant coach.

Although David Luiz is the most expensive option, it can be justified. Terry is 30, but with the type of injury that can keep him out for extended periods of time at any moment, like we have recently seen. Alex is younger and less injury prone, but we have no proven CB's behind them, if any one of them gets hurt we have to place guys as makeshift CB's, which usually doesn't work.

With that being said, I believe Birmingham's Roger Johnson and Bolton's Gary Cahill to be better options. They know how the BPL works, and are already physically adapted to the league, they only have to adapt themselves for Champions League matches. David Luiz has had a bad run of form, and is unproven in the English game, and has little experience in UEFA matches, but is still full of promise.

Ray Wilkins dismissal is the other factor besides injuries that have hurt Chelsea. He provided the grit and motivation to the teams play, i is no wonder that the majority of our blowouts in recent seasons were mostly within his time as assistant coach.

Although David Luiz is the most expensive option, it can be justified. Terry is 30, but with the type of injury that can keep him out for extended periods of time at any moment, like we have recently seen. Alex is younger and less injury prone, but we have no proven CB's behind them, if any one of them gets hurt we have to place guys as makeshift CB's, which usually doesn't work.

With that being said, I believe Birmingham's Roger Johnson and Bolton's Gary Cahill to be better options. They know how the BPL works, and are already physically adapted to the league, they only have to adapt themselves for Champions League matches. David Luiz has had a bad run of form, and is unproven in the English game, and has little experience in UEFA matches, but is still full of promise.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

so........after seeing this game, anyone want to guess how they will fare against barcelona?
indifferent.gif
your thinking way to high of arsenal lol, i dont think arsenal will score more then 4 goals in both games against barca, meanwhile barca will probably score 4 each game, but hey i could be wrong
ohwell.gif

so........after seeing this game, anyone want to guess how they will fare against barcelona?
indifferent.gif
your thinking way to high of arsenal lol, i dont think arsenal will score more then 4 goals in both games against barca, meanwhile barca will probably score 4 each game, but hey i could be wrong
ohwell.gif

Its a win-win situation for Arsenal. Either we lose and can focus putting everything toward the domestic title and FA Cup, or we beat Barcelona.

Its a win-win situation for Arsenal. Either we lose and can focus putting everything toward the domestic title and FA Cup, or we beat Barcelona.

Gooner fans are reaching thinking you will beat Barca.. but i believe you will put up a better fight than last yr..
Really wish we could have played chelsea last week.. woulda been good to get that W under our belts, anyone know when this game will be rescheduled (man united vs chelski?) I heard something about the end of the season? .. alot of ppl i know bailing on the blues bandwagon..wouldnt be suprised if bolton rolls them this week!,

City looking good today.. really dont see how they dont start adam johnson more often his pace is crazy.. then again mancini is to defensive minded IMO.. whoever mentioned super mario being quiet after scoring was dead on.. seems like he wants no real parts of being at eastlands

Gooner fans are reaching thinking you will beat Barca.. but i believe you will put up a better fight than last yr..
Really wish we could have played chelsea last week.. woulda been good to get that W under our belts, anyone know when this game will be rescheduled (man united vs chelski?) I heard something about the end of the season? .. alot of ppl i know bailing on the blues bandwagon..wouldnt be suprised if bolton rolls them this week!,

City looking good today.. really dont see how they dont start adam johnson more often his pace is crazy.. then again mancini is to defensive minded IMO.. whoever mentioned super mario being quiet after scoring was dead on.. seems like he wants no real parts of being at eastlands

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
bro i didn't even offer my own thoughts on it, just wondering how everyone else felt 
laugh.gif

for the record barcelona looks unstoppable this year, barring serious injuries i don't see arsenal coming close. villa has hit his stride, messi is messi, bojan is finally getting more shine, pedro is always a threat, no need to even discuss the midfield, defense is spectacular as well as is valdes. who is gonna beat them? certainly not a team that attacks like arsenal, you're not gonna beat barcelona at their own game.

Keepie Uppie wrote:
hattrick for Balotelli... 
eek.gif

he just needs to keep that temper in check. also today he scored on 2 pk's and a tap-in. not so amazing but hes a very good player. 
beans718 wrote:

i cant stand watching city play. so boring, wish david silva played elsewhere.  

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
bro i didn't even offer my own thoughts on it, just wondering how everyone else felt 
laugh.gif

for the record barcelona looks unstoppable this year, barring serious injuries i don't see arsenal coming close. villa has hit his stride, messi is messi, bojan is finally getting more shine, pedro is always a threat, no need to even discuss the midfield, defense is spectacular as well as is valdes. who is gonna beat them? certainly not a team that attacks like arsenal, you're not gonna beat barcelona at their own game.

Keepie Uppie wrote:
hattrick for Balotelli... 
eek.gif

he just needs to keep that temper in check. also today he scored on 2 pk's and a tap-in. not so amazing but hes a very good player. 
beans718 wrote:

i cant stand watching city play. so boring, wish david silva played elsewhere.  

i love watching tottenham play.

reminds me of watching holland.

gareth bale is an absolute BEAST on that left flank. his touch, his vision, his speed. it's just amazing

i love watching tottenham play.

reminds me of watching holland.

gareth bale is an absolute BEAST on that left flank. his touch, his vision, his speed. it's just amazing

Back
Top Bottom