The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

goal.com spews a bunch of crap unfounded rumors just to get hits. its a great website in terms of quantity, not so much quality.

didac vila to milan for 4 mill. he's young and not cup tied. seems like a pretty good signing, especially since espanol is broke as hell and are liquidating young talent. it's like valencia last year. la liga is broke as hell.

galliani is probably the most fiscally responsible football ceo in europe. he made some decisions i couldnt believe, but he turned out to be right on almost all of them, especially in the way he stayed put a few years ago when the sheik showed up at man city. he sold players at the right time (kaka and sheva) and restocked with relatively cheap ballers(dinho, binho, ibra, silva, pato, hell even boateng) and on top of that, hes managed to bring in a great batch of reinforcements this winter in vila, emmanuelson, and cassano, all at dirty cheap prices. and mark van bommel. i *##$%$$ hate that guy, but hes not a bad player to have on your team though.

i still think he did my guy leonardo dirty though.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

goal.com spews a bunch of crap unfounded rumors just to get hits. its a great website in terms of quantity, not so much quality.

didac vila to milan for 4 mill. he's young and not cup tied. seems like a pretty good signing, especially since espanyol is broke as hell and liquidating young talent. it's like valencia last year. la liga is broke as hell.

galliani is probably the most fiscally responsible football ceo in europe. he made some decisions i couldnt believe at the time, but he turned out to be right on almost all of them, especially in the way he stayed put a few years ago and didnt enter the market when the sheik showed up at man city. he sold players at the right time (kaka and sheva...thats $140 mil right there...) and restocked with relatively cheap ballers(dinho, binho, ibra, silva, pato, hell even boateng) and on top of that, hes managed to bring in a great batch of reinforcements this winter in vila, emmanuelson, and cassano, all at dirty cheap prices. and mark van bommel. i *##$%$$ hate that guy, but hes not a bad player to have on your team though.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

didac vila to milan for 4 mill. he's young and not cup tied. seems like a pretty good signing, especially since espanyol is broke as hell and liquidating young talent. it's like valencia last year. la liga is broke as hell.

galliani is probably the most fiscally responsible football ceo in europe. he made some decisions i couldnt believe at the time, but he turned out to be right on almost all of them, especially in the way he stayed put a few years ago and didnt enter the market when the sheik showed up at man city. he sold players at the right time (kaka and sheva...thats $140 mil right there...) and restocked with relatively cheap ballers(dinho, binho, ibra, silva, pato, hell even boateng) and on top of that, hes managed to bring in a great batch of reinforcements this winter in vila, emmanuelson, and cassano, all at dirty cheap prices. and mark van bommel. i *##$%$$ hate that guy, but hes not a bad player to have on your team though.

Bale is only overrated because everyone expects him to before like he did against Inter. He still maintains superior pace and provides plenty of crosses into the box against Premier League competition, but it's unfair to expect Inter-like performances on a daily basis. He literally CARRIED Spurs in the comeback first-leg and victory the return leg. Let's not forget Bale's versatility. Although LM is probably his best position, he's also very solid at LB, a position that lacks world-class talent after Evra, Cole, and Coentrao. Even Clichy has fell off considerably in the eyes of many soccer experts. I wouldn't be surprised if Gareth Bale could play LW in a 4-3-3 scheme. 
I'm surprised the Luiz transfer to Chelsea fell apart. Thought it was a good deal for both sides with Benfica receiving a fair price and Chelsea adding the CB they so desperately desire. Would have been an expensive purchase for Chelsea anyway, but David Luiz has a bright future wherever he plays. 

Would Gunners even let Arshavin go to Chelsea in the summer? 

Bale is only overrated because everyone expects him to before like he did against Inter. He still maintains superior pace and provides plenty of crosses into the box against Premier League competition, but it's unfair to expect Inter-like performances on a daily basis. He literally CARRIED Spurs in the comeback first-leg and victory the return leg. Let's not forget Bale's versatility. Although LM is probably his best position, he's also very solid at LB, a position that lacks world-class talent after Evra, Cole, and Coentrao. Even Clichy has fell off considerably in the eyes of many soccer experts. I wouldn't be surprised if Gareth Bale could play LW in a 4-3-3 scheme. 
I'm surprised the Luiz transfer to Chelsea fell apart. Thought it was a good deal for both sides with Benfica receiving a fair price and Chelsea adding the CB they so desperately desire. Would have been an expensive purchase for Chelsea anyway, but David Luiz has a bright future wherever he plays. 

Would Gunners even let Arshavin go to Chelsea in the summer? 

Inter/Palermo this weekend should be a great game.

I really hope Pastore leaves Palermo. There were talks of him going over to Barca. I been following him since he played for Huracan in the Argentine Primera Division.

Inter/Palermo this weekend should be a great game.

I really hope Pastore leaves Palermo. There were talks of him going over to Barca. I been following him since he played for Huracan in the Argentine Primera Division.

Yep its a done deal, it says in the ajax offical site. Torres is pissed and says he want to leave and is asking lp to reconsider the offer from chelsea

Yep its a done deal, it says in the ajax offical site. Torres is pissed and says he want to leave and is asking lp to reconsider the offer from chelsea

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

I hope the rumor that we are going to make an offer on Mamadou Sakho is true, but idk...
We need Sakho, or Zapata. 

And 
roll.gif
@ 40 mill quid for Bale. He's maybe worth half...I wonder if we could sell them Bendtner for 65 mill quid.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

I hope the rumor that we are going to make an offer on Mamadou Sakho is true, but idk...
We need Sakho, or Zapata. 

And 
roll.gif
@ 40 mill quid for Bale. He's maybe worth half...I wonder if we could sell them Bendtner for 65 mill quid.

I'm somewhat surprised by Torres' instant reaction. My impression was that the addition of Suarez would help Liverpool with heightened offensive firepower. For example, Kuyt is one of the hardest workers on the pitch but he doesn't bring the offensive creativity that Suarez is capable of. Plus Luiz Suarez is a phenomenal poacher and ideally will finish a lot of Torres' chances/opportunities. I don't see how Fernando Torres' role changes in the slightest. 

I'm somewhat surprised by Torres' instant reaction. My impression was that the addition of Suarez would help Liverpool with heightened offensive firepower. For example, Kuyt is one of the hardest workers on the pitch but he doesn't bring the offensive creativity that Suarez is capable of. Plus Luiz Suarez is a phenomenal poacher and ideally will finish a lot of Torres' chances/opportunities. I don't see how Fernando Torres' role changes in the slightest. 

Back
Top Bottom