The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

man,Van der Sar looks set to retire at the end of the season...
frown.gif

tonight's FA Cup tie at Southampton might see Lindegaard start for Utd for the first time...

man,Van der Sar looks set to retire at the end of the season...
frown.gif

tonight's FA Cup tie at Southampton might see Lindegaard start for Utd for the first time...

Originally Posted by sam206

Hopefully man u picks up igor akinfeev. He is a world class player and is young  
i heard about that rumor sometime last season...i think Sir Alex now has his sights set on Manuel Neuer...

i heard about that rumor sometime last season...i think Sir Alex now has his sights set on Manuel Neuer...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

SAF will not pay what we will ask for.I hope he stays with us but Bayern Munich is more than just interested in Manuel Neuer.I guess they have a bigger chance.

SAF will not pay what we will ask for.I hope he stays with us but Bayern Munich is more than just interested in Manuel Neuer.I guess they have a bigger chance.

As said on the previous pages, Wenger is a probably going to stay with the team he has now and ride Djourou and Kos until Squillaci and Verm are fit.
indifferent.gif

Squillaci has been shaky, Djourou and Kos remain unproven and Vermalen is yet to recover from a very serious injury that may keep him out the remainder of the season. If Wenger opts to use Song as an emergency CB then we're gonna have to start Diaby or Denilson in CM
indifferent.gif

I'm not surprised Torres wants out but what the heck took him so long to submit a formal request? Perhaps he was tapped up or he was promised that he'd be allowed to leave this month? It's even on Liverpool's official website:
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv...-torres-transfer-request

BTW, I cant stand the useless Carling Cup but it looks like Arsenal's trophy drought is going to end in 4 weeks time. If you were to tell fans 5-years ago that the club would go 5+ years without trophies and the trophy they'd win would be the CC, I bet 99% of fans would've called for Wenger's head. Here we are 5 years later with a brand spanking new stadium, increased revenue, nearing 0 debt, sitting on a ton of cash from increased stadium, property, tv and advertising revenue, plus we are listed as the 3rd or 4th richest club in the world...and yet the club is still unwilling to spend money to improve its on pitch product. It's sickening
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

As said on the previous pages, Wenger is a probably going to stay with the team he has now and ride Djourou and Kos until Squillaci and Verm are fit.
indifferent.gif

Squillaci has been shaky, Djourou and Kos remain unproven and Vermalen is yet to recover from a very serious injury that may keep him out the remainder of the season. If Wenger opts to use Song as an emergency CB then we're gonna have to start Diaby or Denilson in CM
indifferent.gif

I'm not surprised Torres wants out but what the heck took him so long to submit a formal request? Perhaps he was tapped up or he was promised that he'd be allowed to leave this month? It's even on Liverpool's official website:
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv...-torres-transfer-request

BTW, I cant stand the useless Carling Cup but it looks like Arsenal's trophy drought is going to end in 4 weeks time. If you were to tell fans 5-years ago that the club would go 5+ years without trophies and the trophy they'd win would be the CC, I bet 99% of fans would've called for Wenger's head. Here we are 5 years later with a brand spanking new stadium, increased revenue, nearing 0 debt, sitting on a ton of cash from increased stadium, property, tv and advertising revenue, plus we are listed as the 3rd or 4th richest club in the world...and yet the club is still unwilling to spend money to improve its on pitch product. It's sickening
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

We have a solid team. Honestly I think we're fine, just a CB and we'd be good. We don't have to spend anything, goalies look good. I like our chances to beat Barca. Remember we got blown out @ the Camp Nou with more than half our regulars out injured. This year its a completely different ball game. I think our 2 best CB's are Verminator and Koscielny. But Djourou has been playing pretty decent but he lacks pace.

We have a solid team. Honestly I think we're fine, just a CB and we'd be good. We don't have to spend anything, goalies look good. I like our chances to beat Barca. Remember we got blown out @ the Camp Nou with more than half our regulars out injured. This year its a completely different ball game. I think our 2 best CB's are Verminator and Koscielny. But Djourou has been playing pretty decent but he lacks pace.

no way, our 2 best cbs are Vermaelen and Djourou imo. I still dont think Djourou is world class, I'd like to see us sign Sakho

no way, our 2 best cbs are Vermaelen and Djourou imo. I still dont think Djourou is world class, I'd like to see us sign Sakho

laugh.gif
Tevez stays mad.  They are still in it for 3 other trophies other than the Carling.  You never know what happens in the FA you can waltz into the semis if you get the right draws who knows.  They just need to end the trophy drought so.

laugh.gif
Tevez stays mad.  They are still in it for 3 other trophies other than the Carling.  You never know what happens in the FA you can waltz into the semis if you get the right draws who knows.  They just need to end the trophy drought so.

I think we have a decent chance of winning the FA Cup. We're among the favorites to win it along with Man Utd, City, Spurs and Chelsea.

We're not going to win the CL and we're likely bowing out to Barca. Wenger doesnt change his tactics and probably thinks his kids can beat Barca at their own game. He is that delusional.

As for the Premiership, it's a wide open race but I feel we're too inconsistent to win it.

Our best CB by far is Vermalen but he might be out for the season. Djourou, Kos and Squillaci are all limited and none has proven himself as reliable options at this point. Ask yourselves this...what happens if Verm is indeed ruled out for the season and then one of our remaining 3 CBs get hurt? Then what? Moving Song to CB will mess up the balance of our team.

I think we have a decent chance of winning the FA Cup. We're among the favorites to win it along with Man Utd, City, Spurs and Chelsea.

We're not going to win the CL and we're likely bowing out to Barca. Wenger doesnt change his tactics and probably thinks his kids can beat Barca at their own game. He is that delusional.

As for the Premiership, it's a wide open race but I feel we're too inconsistent to win it.

Our best CB by far is Vermalen but he might be out for the season. Djourou, Kos and Squillaci are all limited and none has proven himself as reliable options at this point. Ask yourselves this...what happens if Verm is indeed ruled out for the season and then one of our remaining 3 CBs get hurt? Then what? Moving Song to CB will mess up the balance of our team.

I think it is a huge risk not to get a CB but I am not really surprised. The only thing I can hope for is that one of the 3 CBs don't get hurt for a long stretch because we would be in trouble. No chance we are beating Barca and I am not even worried about it. I don't think we can win that competition anyway so if we go out in the first 16 and not have to worry about that for the rest of the year honestly might help us. Premiership I think we have as good of a shot as anyone other than Utd since they do have a 5 pt lead. We got a lot of our big games out of the way and only have at White Hart lane and at home to Utd. I think Utd can drop points especially if they go deep in the CL. I think Chelsea is starting to get back on track and think Utd will not want to play them two more times this year. FA Cup who really knows. Depends on matchups and if a team like Utd will even try to win if they are deep and CL and trying to win the league. They tanked it two years ago in the semis. We will see what happens. If I had to pick I would want to win the league and if not I guess I would take the FA Cup but we need to find a way to catch Utd.

I think it is a huge risk not to get a CB but I am not really surprised. The only thing I can hope for is that one of the 3 CBs don't get hurt for a long stretch because we would be in trouble. No chance we are beating Barca and I am not even worried about it. I don't think we can win that competition anyway so if we go out in the first 16 and not have to worry about that for the rest of the year honestly might help us. Premiership I think we have as good of a shot as anyone other than Utd since they do have a 5 pt lead. We got a lot of our big games out of the way and only have at White Hart lane and at home to Utd. I think Utd can drop points especially if they go deep in the CL. I think Chelsea is starting to get back on track and think Utd will not want to play them two more times this year. FA Cup who really knows. Depends on matchups and if a team like Utd will even try to win if they are deep and CL and trying to win the league. They tanked it two years ago in the semis. We will see what happens. If I had to pick I would want to win the league and if not I guess I would take the FA Cup but we need to find a way to catch Utd.

Originally Posted by engoi

y'all asking for too much...
laugh.gif
 but then again,that's usually the case when a huge club like Utd comes knocking on your door...
honestly though,i think staying at Germany and sign for Bayern would probably be a "safer" route to take...

by the way,what's the deal with Rakitic leaving for Sevilla?
i don't follow the Bundesliga that much but i heard he's a promising attacking midfielder and one of the club's better players...

laugh.gif
 but then again,that's usually the case when a huge club like Utd comes knocking on your door...
honestly though,i think staying at Germany and sign for Bayern would probably be a "safer" route to take...

i don't follow the Bundesliga that much but i heard he's a promising attacking midfielder and one of the club's better players...

laugh.gif

Why safer route?  Van der Saar will retire and his replacement has obviously not impressed SAF very much.
I just doubt that except Manchester City no english club is ready to spend  much money for a keeper.
Bayern has with Kraft a promising keeper who has this 2nd half of the season replaced Butt and Manuel Neuer was always a Schalke supporter
which brought already Bayern fan-groups to protest a possible move of Neuer to Bayern.

I think Rakitic is OK, but not very fast which is not helpful for our system and Felix Magath is not very patient with players.
At his time with Schalke he had only a good halfseason last season and it was the last chance to get transfer money.

Apparently Jefferson Farfan to Wolfsburg will transfered to Wolfsburg.

Back
Top Bottom