The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by engoi

SAF will not pay what we will ask for.I hope he stays with us but Bayern Munich is more than just interested in Manuel Neuer.I guess they have a bigger chance.  
y'all asking for too much...
laugh.gif
 but then again,that's usually the case when a huge club like Utd comes knocking on your door...
honestly though,i think staying at Germany and sign for Bayern would probably be a "safer" route to take...

by the way,what's the deal with Rakitic leaving for Sevilla?
i don't follow the Bundesliga that much but i heard he's a promising attacking midfielder and one of the club's better players...
Why safer route?  Van der Saar will retire and his replacement has obviously not impressed SAF very much.
I just doubt that except Manchester City no english club is ready to spend  much money for a keeper.
Bayern has with Kraft a promising keeper who has this 2nd half of the season replaced Butt and Manuel Neuer was always a Schalke supporter
which brought already Bayern fan-groups to protest a possible move of Neuer to Bayern.

I think Rakitic is OK, but not very fast which is not helpful for our system and Felix Magath is not very patient with players.
At his time with Schalke he had only a good halfseason last season and it was the last chance to get transfer money.

Apparently Jefferson Farfan to Wolfsburg will transfered to Wolfsburg.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I think we have a decent chance of winning the FA Cup. We're among the favorites to win it along with Man Utd, City, Spurs and Chelsea.

We're not going to win the CL and we're likely bowing out to Barca. Wenger doesnt change his tactics and probably thinks his kids can beat Barca at their own game. He is that delusional.

As for the Premiership, it's a wide open race but I feel we're too inconsistent to win it.

Our best CB by far is Vermalen but he might be out for the season. Djourou, Kos and Squillaci are all limited and none has proven himself as reliable options at this point. Ask yourselves this...what happens if Verm is indeed ruled out for the season and then one of our remaining 3 CBs get hurt? Then what? Moving Song to CB will mess up the balance of our team.

Trust me I am agreeing with you, we do need a CB but that is all. If we stay healthy and have the current squad vs Barça we will be fine.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I think we have a decent chance of winning the FA Cup. We're among the favorites to win it along with Man Utd, City, Spurs and Chelsea.

We're not going to win the CL and we're likely bowing out to Barca. Wenger doesnt change his tactics and probably thinks his kids can beat Barca at their own game. He is that delusional.

As for the Premiership, it's a wide open race but I feel we're too inconsistent to win it.

Our best CB by far is Vermalen but he might be out for the season. Djourou, Kos and Squillaci are all limited and none has proven himself as reliable options at this point. Ask yourselves this...what happens if Verm is indeed ruled out for the season and then one of our remaining 3 CBs get hurt? Then what? Moving Song to CB will mess up the balance of our team.

Trust me I am agreeing with you, we do need a CB but that is all. If we stay healthy and have the current squad vs Barça we will be fine.

I'm with Tevez on this one. You definitely have to manage expectations against Barca given last year. 
Wenger should have purchased a CB bottom line, Vermaelen looks unlikely to return and Koscielny, Squillaci, and Djourou are serviceable AT BEST. 

I'm with Tevez on this one. You definitely have to manage expectations against Barca given last year. 
Wenger should have purchased a CB bottom line, Vermaelen looks unlikely to return and Koscielny, Squillaci, and Djourou are serviceable AT BEST. 

Do you understand we had SILVESTRE as a CB last year? I could be plugged in there and we'd have a more solid defence.

If Verm is out, then Koscielny and Djourou are without a doubt the best 2 to be in there.

Against Barca I see something like this

~~~~Szczęsny~~~~

~~~~Sagna~Djourou(if Verm NOT fit)~Koscielny~Clichy~~~

~~~~~~Song~~~~~~

~~~~Nasri~~~~Cesc~~~~Jack~~~~

~~~~~~~RVP~~~Chamakh~~~~~~~

And I feel very confident with that squad.

Do you understand we had SILVESTRE as a CB last year? I could be plugged in there and we'd have a more solid defence.

If Verm is out, then Koscielny and Djourou are without a doubt the best 2 to be in there.

Against Barca I see something like this

~~~~Szczęsny~~~~

~~~~Sagna~Djourou(if Verm NOT fit)~Koscielny~Clichy~~~

~~~~~~Song~~~~~~

~~~~Nasri~~~~Cesc~~~~Jack~~~~

~~~~~~~RVP~~~Chamakh~~~~~~~

And I feel very confident with that squad.

I just missed the goal (was watching Utd), but caught the nervy final few seconds where the Aussies had a chance. The commentators were raving about that JPN goal though... will look for the H/L's later.

Meanwhile, Utd's B-team has been... mediocre, at best. Check that, they are awful.  SH just sliced and diced through Utd's D.  And it's Jonny Evans (amongst others) guilty again. 
The hairdryer's coming out.
30t6p3b.gif

I just missed the goal (was watching Utd), but caught the nervy final few seconds where the Aussies had a chance. The commentators were raving about that JPN goal though... will look for the H/L's later.

Meanwhile, Utd's B-team has been... mediocre, at best. Check that, they are awful.  SH just sliced and diced through Utd's D.  And it's Jonny Evans (amongst others) guilty again. 
The hairdryer's coming out.
30t6p3b.gif

Liverpool are lining-up a bid to bring Owen back to replace the departing Torres... NOT.

But he did just equalize for Utd.
pimp.gif

Chicharito!

Liverpool are lining-up a bid to bring Owen back to replace the departing Torres... NOT.

But he did just equalize for Utd.
pimp.gif

Chicharito!

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Vela gonna tear it up at the Hawthornes if he doesn't tear a muscle first. Stay healthy, cutie.
i hope so, just not expecting it.

chicharito
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Vela gonna tear it up at the Hawthornes if he doesn't tear a muscle first. Stay healthy, cutie.
i hope so, just not expecting it.

chicharito
pimp.gif

It seems both Roman and Fernando Torres are determined for the Spaniard to sport Chelsea blue. The initial offer of $40 million pounds and Sturridge was countered by Liverpool, instead asking for $50 million pounds PLUS Anelka. Did you guys see this move happening before the Monday night deadline? If so, does it increase Chelsea's chances enough for an improbable run at defending their Premier League crown? 

It seems both Roman and Fernando Torres are determined for the Spaniard to sport Chelsea blue. The initial offer of $40 million pounds and Sturridge was countered by Liverpool, instead asking for $50 million pounds PLUS Anelka. Did you guys see this move happening before the Monday night deadline? If so, does it increase Chelsea's chances enough for an improbable run at defending their Premier League crown? 

You know if he moves he will be able to play with Chelsea for the remainder of the UCL campaign too which would help them big time, I think the PL is too far out of their reach now though.

Honestly, I do see them getting Torres, and for that money Liverpool should take it, they could buy a couple of great players for that money.

You know if he moves he will be able to play with Chelsea for the remainder of the UCL campaign too which would help them big time, I think the PL is too far out of their reach now though.

Honestly, I do see them getting Torres, and for that money Liverpool should take it, they could buy a couple of great players for that money.

^ CL is another story 
laugh.gif
 With their current form I haven't really considered them a threat to Madrid, Barca, or United.
As far as the EPL goes, keep in mind Chelsea still has two matches against their bitter rivals. Potential six points to be earned, somewhat controlling their destiny for the domestic title. 

^ CL is another story 
laugh.gif
 With their current form I haven't really considered them a threat to Madrid, Barca, or United.
As far as the EPL goes, keep in mind Chelsea still has two matches against their bitter rivals. Potential six points to be earned, somewhat controlling their destiny for the domestic title. 

Back
Top Bottom