The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Tottenham lost at home 4-1 in a competition Arsenal doesnt even give two #@+*% about
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Arsenal was expected to win this just by looking at the team sheet...they had Koscielny,Rosicky,Nasir,Denilson,Clichy,Sagna,Arshavin and Chamakh...
aren't those players a big part of your first eleven?

agreed though,Arsenal still don't give a rat's +$% about this competition but they certainly wasn't gonna lose against one of their rivals like this one...
especially after what Harry Redknapp said about Arsenal ahead of the match:

Redknapp:Fans want to see trophies and not kids

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has criticised Arsene Wenger ahead of Tuesday night's Carling Cup tie at White Hart Lane by saying Arsenal fans would rather actually win something than see the youth team play every season.
here's the link: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=825419&sec=england&cc=4716

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Tottenham lost at home 4-1 in a competition Arsenal doesnt even give two #@+*% about
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Arsenal was expected to win this just by looking at the team sheet...they had Koscielny,Rosicky,Nasir,Denilson,Clichy,Sagna,Arshavin and Chamakh...

agreed though,Arsenal still don't give a rat's +$% about this competition but they certainly wasn't gonna lose against one of their rivals like this one...

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has criticised Arsene Wenger ahead of Tuesday night's Carling Cup tie at White Hart Lane by saying Arsenal fans would rather actually win something than see the youth team play every season.
here's the link: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=825419&sec=england&cc=4716
I dont care much for the result (I totally forgot they were even playing today) but it's funny considering it was at White Hart Lane; Redknapp's comments; and van der vaarts comment about Tottenham being a bigger club than Arsenal.

To me this is just another win...you dont see Arsenal fans bragging when we beat clubs like Wolverhampton so theres no point celebrating a win against a small club like Tottenham.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont care much for the result (I totally forgot they were even playing today) but it's funny considering it was at White Hart Lane; Redknapp's comments; and van der vaarts comment about Tottenham being a bigger club than Arsenal.

To me this is just another win...you dont see Arsenal fans bragging when we beat clubs like Wolverhampton so theres no point celebrating a win against a small club like Tottenham.

^I was at the game, and I cant describe how much fun it was. We out chanted WHL alllll night regardless of what the scoreline was. I went to the Champions League SC Barga match but it was nothing like the atmosphere yesterday. (If anyone else gets a similar opportunity...go!)

I'll post some pics once I get back to the states

^I was at the game, and I cant describe how much fun it was. We out chanted WHL alllll night regardless of what the scoreline was. I went to the Champions League SC Barga match but it was nothing like the atmosphere yesterday. (If anyone else gets a similar opportunity...go!)

Rosicky: Wenger determined to end trophy droughtBy ESPNsoccernet staffTomas Rosicky believes Arsene Wenger's decision to select a strong side in the 4-1 win at Tottenham shows he is determined to end the side's trophy drought this season.Tomas Rosicky was in the starting line-up against Spurs• Brewin: Wenger changes tackWenger has traditionally blooded Arsenal's young players in the competition, and he even kept faith with many of his second-string players when they lost to Chelsea in the 2007 final. However, Rosicky feels there has been a change in emphasis this season as he looks to win his first trophy for the club."It is important to end the trophy drought because we haven't won anything for a long time," he said. "You can see the boss is going for it. He wants to win the Carling Cup more this season because he took the whole team here. "That gives us a better chance of winning it. We have a good enough squad to compete on all levels. I came in 2006 and have won nothing yet. I came here to win trophies, so let's go for it in style."Cesc Fabregas, meanwhile, has outlined his determination to do well for the club this season."I am completely focused," Fabregas told Spanish radio station Cadena COPE. "I know what I want to do and what I have to do. My mind is centred on what happens on the pitch, which I enjoy."If I could not play football then I may worry, but while I still can here or wherever I can say I am happy. I am at a great club, in a great team and I want to do the best and have a great year."

Rosicky: Wenger determined to end trophy droughtBy ESPNsoccernet staffTomas Rosicky believes Arsene Wenger's decision to select a strong side in the 4-1 win at Tottenham shows he is determined to end the side's trophy drought this season.Tomas Rosicky was in the starting line-up against Spurs• Brewin: Wenger changes tackWenger has traditionally blooded Arsenal's young players in the competition, and he even kept faith with many of his second-string players when they lost to Chelsea in the 2007 final. However, Rosicky feels there has been a change in emphasis this season as he looks to win his first trophy for the club."It is important to end the trophy drought because we haven't won anything for a long time," he said. "You can see the boss is going for it. He wants to win the Carling Cup more this season because he took the whole team here. "That gives us a better chance of winning it. We have a good enough squad to compete on all levels. I came in 2006 and have won nothing yet. I came here to win trophies, so let's go for it in style."Cesc Fabregas, meanwhile, has outlined his determination to do well for the club this season."I am completely focused," Fabregas told Spanish radio station Cadena COPE. "I know what I want to do and what I have to do. My mind is centred on what happens on the pitch, which I enjoy."If I could not play football then I may worry, but while I still can here or wherever I can say I am happy. I am at a great club, in a great team and I want to do the best and have a great year."

Anyone watching the Carling Cup tie between Chelsea and Newcastle??? Crazy!
Magpies were up 3-1, but Chelsea tied it at 3-3 with a few minutes left. Magpies take the lead again in the 90th minute... with 6 mins of stoppage left!

Anyone watching the Carling Cup tie between Chelsea and Newcastle??? Crazy!
Magpies were up 3-1, but Chelsea tied it at 3-3 with a few minutes left. Magpies take the lead again in the 90th minute... with 6 mins of stoppage left!

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

Shut up. You got spanked 4-1 at home.

Now onto more relevant clubs...

-Surprising to see Chelsea lose at home today.

-Barca win narrowly at home without Messi

-Diego Milito finally scores (twice) and Eto'o looks to have taken over the PK duties for Inter.Roma continue their dreadful start to the season with yet another loss. So much for being title contenders...a couple more poor results and Ranieri will probably get the boot. AC Milan fail to win again but Ibrahimovic looks like he's in form. With Juventus also struggling it seems like it'll be Inter's trophy to lose yet again.

-I think out of the big European leagues, the Bundesliga will have the most exciting race at the top. It's usually very competitive and it looks to remain that way with Ribery ruled out for 4-weeks due to injury (Robben is said to be out for the season).

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

Shut up. You got spanked 4-1 at home.

-Barca win narrowly at home without Messi

-Diego Milito finally scores (twice) and Eto'o looks to have taken over the PK duties for Inter.Roma continue their dreadful start to the season with yet another loss. So much for being title contenders...a couple more poor results and Ranieri will probably get the boot. AC Milan fail to win again but Ibrahimovic looks like he's in form. With Juventus also struggling it seems like it'll be Inter's trophy to lose yet again.

-I think out of the big European leagues, the Bundesliga will have the most exciting race at the top. It's usually very competitive and it looks to remain that way with Ribery ruled out for 4-weeks due to injury (Robben is said to be out for the season).

BTW, this pretty much confirms what most people already knew that the Italy vs. South Korea match in the 2002 WC was rigged in favor of the home side. The Ecuadorian referee in charge of that match was caught yesterday in JFK airport in New York with 13 pounds of heroin on him
30t6p3b.gif
. The match between Spain and South Korea was also rigged
30t6p3b.gif

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo...ed-smuggling-heroin.html

BTW, this pretty much confirms what most people already knew that the Italy vs. South Korea match in the 2002 WC was rigged in favor of the home side. The Ecuadorian referee in charge of that match was caught yesterday in JFK airport in New York with 13 pounds of heroin on him
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo...ed-smuggling-heroin.html

Originally Posted by trunks206

Damnnn I really wanted to go to the match yesterday, the derby is always fun. How long have you been in London for?

Originally Posted by trunks206

Damnnn I really wanted to go to the match yesterday, the derby is always fun. How long have you been in London for?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
My favorite ref.
Later in 2002, Moreno was suspended for 20 games after his officiating of a match between LDU Quito and Barcelona Guayaquil drew complaints from both sides after he added 13 minutes of stoppage time.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
My favorite ref.
Later in 2002, Moreno was suspended for 20 games after his officiating of a match between LDU Quito and Barcelona Guayaquil drew complaints from both sides after he added 13 minutes of stoppage time.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Liverpool lost at home too and Man City's knocked out as well...
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

i'll probably be out of the house later wearing this
smile.gif
 :

Liverpool lost at home too and Man City's knocked out as well...
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

i'll probably be out of the house later wearing this
smile.gif
 :

Just go back from Manchester and Glasgow my boy flew me out to see my 1st international soccer games and
eek.gif
it was crazy i have an all new respect for the games.

Just go back from Manchester and Glasgow my boy flew me out to see my 1st international soccer games and
eek.gif
it was crazy i have an all new respect for the games.

Back
Top Bottom