The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I'm sure many of you have already heard but if you haven't:

http://www.express.co.uk/...s-Thierry-Henry-s-return

that would be awesome

frown.gif
i wish beckham would go to united instead of psg

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

frown.gif
i wish beckham would go to united instead of psg  
i'm sure every Utd fan would love to see Becks come home but Sir Alex is not one who takes in former players...

via ESPN
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has revealed he would love to return to Arsenal if he was ever forced to leave the Spanish club.

"If I have to leave Barcelona, I will go back to Arsenal - I would like to," Fabregas told Sky Sports News.
Hmmm...

laugh.gif
 Eamon.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my soccer regulars!

Anyone got a good, legit site for soccer kits? I'm looking for a 2011/2012 home Balotelli in particular (44). 

kitbag.com, subsidesports.com/us, and onionbag.com should all have that kit.

I stole this from a facebook thread, but it's a funny way of asking the question. With the January transfer window about to open, what did everyone ask Santa bring them for their respective clubs?

I asked for a CB, Edinson Cavani, and a one way ticket for Fernando Torres out of London.

Jones~!!! Jones is in the line-up! Unchanged line-up again!
Nevermind.
Back line... Valencia, Carrick, Evans, Evra... Hmmmm
EDIT ~ Yes, Utd has 4 strikers and 3 defenders on the pitch right now.

United doing what we do best...

screw anyone who made Berbatov their captain for fantasy today lol....I can't see how someone could have seen a hatric coming today....

Eating into that goal difference now...and City haven't scored yet...

Chelsea is done for the league...

Newcastle looking good out there...

LOL @ Liverpool drawing with BLACKBURN....jeepers...

Great result for Utd, but that red on Sammon was very, very harsh. It was just a flailing arm that slapped Carrick in the face. I think even Carrick was surprised.

According to chinese sources, Didier Drogba is a target for chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande.

LOL, what an end to the Arsenal v Wolves game... the winner? Tottenham.

Hennessey was outstanding.

Gareth Bale is purely brilliant with his pace on the pitch and he finishes well, something Luka Modric needs to learn. I sincerely hope Bale doesn't end up at the Nou Camp this summer. An extension at White Hart Lane would be ideal if Levy and Redknapp are willing to pony up from their usual wage structure. 
Danny Rose just subbed in, bright future for Spurs. 

I can't see it happening. I'm sure Spurs will hold on to some absurd 80 million valuation. Nobody is paying that.

They'll cash in somewhere down the line, but I think they're trying to establish the club as a UCL regular, not just an occasional guest.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Gareth Bale is purely brilliant with his pace on the pitch and he finishes well, something Luka Modric needs to learn. I sincerely hope Bale doesn't end up at the Nou Camp this summer. An extension at White Hart Lane would be ideal if Levy and Redknapp are willing to pony up from their usual wage structure. 

I doubt that will happen. Let's not jump the gun. Dude ain't going to Barca.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Rose is garbage. Would take Andros Townsend over him. Once Naughton comes back he'll be able to cover for BAE. BAE gets no rest... such an underrated full back. Luka doesn't really need to learn to finish, he doesn't really hurt the team by not contributing goals, he is the playmaker, let Ade, Bale, VDV get theirs.

We need cover for Ade, when he went down with the hammy I almost had a heart attack. Hoping that Leandro is coming in January.

HP, I don't know what you have against Rose but seems like you're in the minority. The kid is extremely versatile and can literally play anywhere on the left side of the pitch. At the very least he's a valuable utility player in the future.
You misunderstood my point about Luka, it's not that Tottenham needs him to score because everyone clearly understand his role as a creative playmaker. I'm referring specifically to clear cut chances in front of net that Modric often scuffs wide rather embarrassingly for a world-class midfielder. Samir Nasri and Wesley Sneijder are two comparable players that are both more than adequate at finishing chances in front of net. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this dude...

Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'

Controversial Manchester City star Mario Balotelli enjoyed another late night before a big game - but this time it was at midnight mass, after enjoying a booze-free trip to a local pub and treating everyone to a round of drinks.

The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left.

Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day.

'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said.

'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.'

Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.

He has been involved in training ground punch-ups, arguments with the manager and even tussles with playing bibs.

There were even rumours last week on Twitter that he was driving around Manchester dressed as Santa Claus throwing money out of his car.

While this speculation turned out to be untrue, Balotelli did show his generous side by putting £1,000 behind the bar at the Tudor pub in Peel Hall earlier on Christmas Eve.

He chatted to drinkers and had photos taken before then heading off to the church service.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddbal...fore-200-midnight-mass-donation#ixzz1hp8jJGDA

^Well, damn. I felt unsettled just reading that injury. 
Balotelli 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 What a character. 

Bale will stay at White Hart Lane for another year at the very least, especially since they seem on path for CL football next season. They'll sell him eventually, though. I think it was only Redknapp's influence that stayed the Spurs' hand when Chelsea came calling for Modric over the summer. With the manager seemingly penciled in for the England NT job, I'm not sure how long they'll be able to hold out when the offers start coming in for Bale. Possible he ends up at the Nou Camp, but I have my doubts. Management would want him playing LB, but he's probably grown fond of scoring goals. Not sure his one touch passing is up to snuff either. Also, the future valuations of his fee are bound to be absurd, and FFP will have kicked in at that point, perhaps discouraging many clubs from splashing on him. All that said, he's world class at this point, and would improve any team. Pep seems set on building a team of midfielders, and truly realizing "total football" so it could just happen.
laugh.gif

CCT, Nasri and Sneijder aren't comparable to Modric; they play much more advanced roles. Luka is a deep lying playmaker comparable to players like Xabi Alonso, David Pizzaro, Pirlo, Nuri Sahin, etc. Xavi plays a similar role as well at times, where he is content to sit back and conduct from the CM position. Needless to say, none of those players are particularly adept in front of goal. Mind you, that isn't a license to shank shots left and right, but as a player his lack of ability in front of goal can't be held against him. 

Back
Top Bottom