The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

laugh.gif
@ Mario... the guy just keeps you guessing...
laugh.gif

Love him or hate him, he's entertaining...
EDIT ~ Meanwhile...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7399219/One-match-ban-for-Suarez

January is almost here and ridiculous transfer rumors are soon at hand.

Can't wait.
pimp.gif

Unless Bale has been a complete phony, he will not play anywhere else in the prem. He loves Spurs, just look at his celebrations this year, videos from training, etc. Granted if City or United come in and make some serious offers, it would be interesting to see how Bale reacts to that because obviously Giggs is one of his heroes.

The big reason Modric stayed at Spurs was not necessarily Harry, but the fact Levy wasn't selling him no matter what. If Levy had sold him in the last 3-4 weeks of the window, all his credibility and Spurs transfer policy credibility would have flown out the window. It would've been Berba Vol. 2. Spurs will never compete consistently in the top 4 if we don't start taking bigger risks with contracts. We can't even offer Modric £100k/week. That is a major problem and it has to do with Levy being content with being a top 6-7 club. Spurs are lucky VDV loves being a yid because he could make a lot more on wages somewhere else in Europe.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Bale would be a perfect replacement for Giggs...
pimp.gif

i can dream,can't i?
laugh.gif

No he wouldn't. 
Bale is pace.  Giggs is placement and accuracy. 

Fair enough, abovelegit. For the sake of accuracy some of the players you named serve as holding midfielders for their club, Xabi Alonso in particular. Especially with Sandro's growth, Luka Modric has been given the freedom to roam forward and get in much more advanced positions in recent fixtures yet seems to lack any semblance of clinical shooting or finishing. If anything, Scott Parker has been asked by Redknapp to sit back more so than Modric. Many of the midfielders you listed like Alonso, Xavi, and Pirlo have very good shots and as a bonus are extremely useful for set pieces as well. 
Since you brought up Nuri Sahin, the Turkish international has a bright future at the Bernabeu but his first season in Madrid has been ravished by injuries. Wishful thinking is that he'll be able to perform and make a significant difference in the return Clasico fixture at Camp Nou. Regardless Borussia Dortmund has sorely missed Sahin early this season, both in Bundesliga and Champions League. 

I'd watch that.

Word is that Ancelotti is in Paris to sign to take over at PSG.

Malouda, unhappy with minutes at Chelsea, might hand in a transfer request to reunite with him there.

In a more far-out rumor, they could also make a large bid for an unhappy Pato.

Originally Posted by hugebird

^ You must not remember a young Giggs, then.
United was a different time then.  
Then Giggs' pace was needed. 

Right now, we have pace on the wings.  We need a CAM, a playmaker. 

Bale coming to United wouldn't solve our problem. 

Well the problem with Rose is that he will never develop at Spurs unless the deadweight is sold (Pienaar, Niko, GDS). Watching Europa League and cup matches, Townsend is more impressive than Rose. While Redknapp is terrible at rotating the squad, if the club felt that Rose has true potential they would be rotating him with BAE, as Redknapp quickly played Kyle Walker over Charlie at RB. Rose needs to be loaned out to the Championship again in January. Also with Naughton coming back from loan at the end of the Prem season, Rose will really have to fight for a chance to get any minutes. Bassong has been a better option at LB as well.

Just curious as to when Rose has impressed people other than his strike against Arsenal. He doesn't play killer balls, doesn't provide great service, does have great pace but is still learning the LB position. Haven't seen his U21 matches, so I'm just judging off his Europa, League Cup, and substitute appearances. I do know that a lot of Spurs supporters don't feel he will ever earn a spot in the squad long term and he's useful now because he counts as a U21 on the squad rather than taking up one of the 25 spots.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by hugebird

^ You must not remember a young Giggs, then.
United was a different time then.  
Then Giggs' pace was needed. 

Right now, we have pace on the wings.  We need a CAM, a playmaker. 

Bale coming to United wouldn't solve our problem.
i think you're missing the point...i was talking about a like-for-like replacement...

Berbatov stays at ManUtd till 2013

Cahill to Chelsea

Marco Reus is watched by Real Madrid scouts and could become a target.

Ancelotti new coach at PSG
ohwell.gif

Old coach was succesful but I guess the new owners believe in big names.

Warner accuses Blatter for corruption.
roll.gif

Gilardino to CFC Genua
Piazon to Chelsea

Originally Posted by engoi

roll.gif

Everyone's corrupt though.

Henry getting closer and closer to rejoining Arsenal for a couple months.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by engoi

roll.gif

Everyone's corrupt though.

Henry getting closer and closer to rejoining Arsenal for a couple months.

Blatter is as corrupt as they come.

I think it is quite funny when someone like Warner who had to step back because of his corruption accusses
Blatter who reprersents this system of corruption.

Happy Birfday Sir Alex. 
eyes.gif

EDIT ~ Ando with the new 'do!  Chicha off now, with perhaps a more traditional 442?

Back
Top Bottom