The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Torres with 2..lets see how long this lasts
laugh.gif

Newcastle won!!! 1-0 Cisse. 2 points off Chelsea. Hoping for a combination of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs in the FA cup final. If that happens, we're off to Europe next season!!!!!

Madrid finally drop points
laugh.gif

Incredible hit by Santi; beat the great captain at full stretch. Malaga played Real quite well in the King's cup, and today they had more possession at the Bernabeu. Credit to them.
And class gesture by the Real players to wear shirts in support of Abidal/Muamba.

Torres with the brace
pimp.gif

the fact that it took 24hrs of soccer to do it and it was aganist the lowest ranked opponent in the competition left
30t6p3b.gif

Refs must've collected some oil money. Ridiculous with the whistle.

Benzema totally blew a sitter though. Should've been 2-0 and wrapped up.

just got back from a short trip to Penang with the family...nice to stay away from the internet once in a while...
laugh.gif

heard about Muamba...Abidal too...hope they both pull through...
tired.gif

managed to catch the 2nd half and goal highlights of the United match while i was there...+5 GD,4pts clear...
pimp.gif

if Chelsea can stop City from winning at home tomorrow that would be awesome...

and the CL draw...
30t6p3b.gif

i don't wanna see an El Clasico final to be honest...
sick.gif

Despite lack of international success, even as a Brazilian, I think it's time to accept Messi as the GOAT. Absolutely brilliant.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Despite lack of international success, even as a Brazilian, I think it's time to accept Messi as the GOAT. Absolutely brilliant.

even as a brazilian i accepted that long ago 
laugh.gif

^ Platinum and Fenomeno, you guys are really ready to place him at the top above Pele and Maradona already? Way too soon IMO, but honestly speaking if Messi continues the career path he's on long-term there will be no doubt in seven or eight years at the end of his playing career conclusively. 

What to say about that man, what to say. He'll bag around 65 by the end of the season at the rate he's on, and most of the strikes are of stunning quality. Watching him today, I used to think Romario was the best I'd seen at those chips, but Lio is otherworldly at it.

Probably the most incredible thing about him is that he offers as much in the build up as he does in front of goal. Like a modern-day hybrid of Muller and Maradona.

Long live the king.

Saw this Tweet...

"Thierry Henry flew 5,000 miles to spend an hour in hospital with Fabrice Muamba after playing for NYRB on Sunday. What an absolute legend."
EDIT ~ Huge fixture!  Chelsea @ City!  Can't wait for that awkward moment when Tevez refuses to warm-up again... 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom