The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

United was very poor in that second half...
sick.gif

the only thing that prevented City from winning was playing with 10 men and going 3-0 down at halftime...

Happy they won, but City were clearly the better team. That was so bizarre though...

30t6p3b.gif
@ Utd's 2nd half performance. Shaky, no confidence, indecisive...
30t6p3b.gif

City, meanwhile, looked very confident and should be happy with their performance despite the result.  
I can't imagine Utd being happy with their game.

SMFH  
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

sick.gif
 What's the point of beating Madrid if we keep dropping valuable points? Very questionable refereeing, but we should've put the game away regardless 
tired.gif

Yeah, just not good enough on the day; Barca were poor. Credit to Esp though, there's just something about this derby.

Stonewall handball there at the end, but what can you say - the road form continues. Disappointing.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

United travel to Anfield for the FA Cup 4th Round...let's see if they can survive that one...
ohwell.gif
...and if QPR (and their new manager) can win their replay with a League One side, they play Chelsea.

I see what you did there, FA.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Rooney is playing a good game but his appealing to the ref was just shameful. Nani himself didn't even flinch and turned around to try to recover the ball, yet Rooney who wasn't even involved in the play is running to the ref with both arms raised. !@$@% move.
To be fair, a lot of players appeal to the ref all the time... (and not just in football too).  It's not the most sporting-side of the game, but it happens.  When a player sees his teammate get fouled, he'll instantly try to defend him... fair enough.  From what I remember in the replay, Rooney instantly appealed to the ref based on what he saw.  It was a reaction. 
How about the bunch of City players that crowded the ref in appealing for that supposed-handball by Jones in the box?  
It wasn't the first time players have appealed for a foul and it certainly won't be the last...  Where I draw the line is when players start doing the 'show him the card' gesture.  

Well, they did play better than Utd during the 2nd half despite being a man down. Certainly lots of positives to take from that.

Anyway... Lol

GrantWahl Grant Wahl
No player has ever won more than Lionel Messi's three world player of the year awards--and he's only 24.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Rooney is playing a good game but his appealing to the ref was just shameful. Nani himself didn't even flinch and turned around to try to recover the ball, yet Rooney who wasn't even involved in the play is running to the ref with both arms raised. !@$@% move.
To be fair, a lot of players appeal to the ref all the time... (and not just in football too).  It's not the most sporting-side of the game, but it happens.  When a player sees his teammate get fouled, he'll instantly try to defend him... fair enough.  From what I remember in the replay, Rooney instantly appealed to the ref based on what he saw.  It was a reaction. 
How about the bunch of City players that crowded the ref in appealing for that supposed-handball by Jones in the box?  
It wasn't the first time players have appealed for a foul and it certainly won't be the last...  Where I draw the line is when players start doing the 'show him the card' gesture.  
And the fact Mancini has done the "card" gesture on the side line, classless.

Naturally, I despise the Gooners, but Henry's a classy footballer... can't deny that...
x1000.jpg

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by SinnerP

And the fact Mancini has done the "card" gesture on the side line, classless.
Frankly I don't see any relevant distinction between what Rooney did and the "card gesture" that players do. It's all the same, getting in the face of the ref to get another player sent off. And the City players were asking for a penalty, they weren't asking for Phil Jones to be punished.
I'm not saying Rooney is the first that has ever done this. In fact, we all remember what happened in '06 when Ronaldo did the same thing to Rooney. I just think it's terrible to see. Kick him out ref! Kick him out! waaahhhh

Back
Top Bottom