The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Anyone interested in a Euro 2012 pool?

Im thinking about setting one up but want to see how much interest there is..

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Sunderland trying to pick up defenders Steven Fletcher (Wolves) and Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea).
Barcelona looking into Drogba on free transfer.
Man where are you getting this nonsense?
laugh.gif

Chelsea is definitely not letting Bertrand go to no Sunderland. He's the heir apparent to Ashley Cole and has played very well this season with lots of potential.

Drogba's contract is up. He can go anywhere he doesn't need to transfer.
Remember, TW, is always FULL of rumors.  Many true, most not. 
All we're doing is discussing the potential of some of these rumors until after Euro's when signings are actually made. 

Sometimes it's interesting to see the different scenarios that could come about (even if they wont). 

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Originally Posted by engoi

Apparently Yaya claims he's done everything he needed to do in EPL, and that he's looking for a new challenge.

Take that how you want...

His manager said he could sign with Bayern.

Geez nobody wants to be a legend nowadays..
Why not stay at City and defend the title..?

Plenty of people want to be known for winning in as many leagues as they can.  To them, that's what makes them a legend. 

Many people complained why didn't Mourinho stay and defend titles on his way up to RM, but when you look at what he's done (winning in different leagues), he's a legend already. 

Food for thought....
246059-chelsea-thread-rdm-avb.jpg
That record for RDM is pretty poor. I guess people are overlooking it because of the cup final win and the CL finals appearance.
ohwell.gif
I really hope that they win it. Would be awesome to see what the odds were on them at the start of the tournament
laugh.gif

Portugal's Pedro Proença will be the referee for Saturday's Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Chelsea at the Allianz Arena, Uefa has confirmed.

Proença, 41, was in charge of the second leg of the last-16 clash between Internazionale and Marseille this season, and last term he was in charge of Manchester United's semi-final second leg against Schalke.

He will be assisted in Munich by his compatriots Bertino Miranda and Ricardo Santos. The fourth official will be Carlos Velasco Carballo from Spain.

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Food for thought....
246059-chelsea-thread-rdm-avb.jpg
That record for RDM is pretty poor. I guess people are overlooking it because of the cup final win and the CL finals appearance.
ohwell.gif
I really hope that they win it. Would be awesome to see what the odds were on them at the start of the tournament
laugh.gif
See I'm not sure if you should count some of those losses under RDM (Like the Liverpool one after they won the FA cup, etc.)

Wilshere having a knee operation in Sweden in the next few days. 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
 Supposedly its minor but with Arsenal players you never know. Get well soon Jack!

Both Arsenal and United got bids accepted for Kagawa it's now up to him to choose, think he's set on United unless AW can convince him to change his mind. Klopp seems to favor Arsenal so maybe he can influence him too.

His fee will not be 7M more like 15M.

I heard Juve isn't interested in RvP anymore because they can't afford to match the other offers. Call me crazy but I don't see him sign for any of the Manchester teams, he's been a Arsenal fan from young.

Manchester now interested in M'Vila 
frown.gif
There goes any chance we had.

BVB is looking to sign Nicklas Bendtner for around 2.5M

Men Will Become GODS
Spoiler [+]
bastian.jpg

torres-e1337197335454.jpg

robben.jpg

drogba.jpg

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Both Arsenal and United got bids accepted for Kagawa it's now up to him to choose, think he's set on United unless AW can convince him to change his mind. Klopp seems to favor Arsenal so maybe he can influence him too.

I heard Juve isn't interested in RvP anymore because they can't afford to match the other offers. Call me crazy but I don't see him sign for any of the Manchester teams, he's been a Arsenal fan from young.

frown.gif

Men Will Become GODS
Spoiler [+]

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 Damnit Fergie! Sign him up now!!!!! Wenger can speak Japanese for heavens sake... 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm guessing that's City, you're talking about right?  Cover for Yaya?

Originally Posted by Demps

Juan Agudelo getting traded to chivas usa
nerd.gif

smh...
What a shame
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

Wilshere having a knee operation in Sweden in the next few days. 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
 Supposedly its minor but with Arsenal players you never know. Get well soon Jack!

I feel ya bro. It's a shame that he isn't in the Euro's. I'm just hoping that he's well by the start of the season. It's unfortunate that so many Arsenal players have to go through injuries and setbacks. There are times when you can't help but to question the medical staff. 

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Both Arsenal and United got bids accepted for Kagawa it's now up to him to choose, think he's set on United unless AW can convince him to change his mind. Klopp seems to favor Arsenal so maybe he can influence him too.

frown.gif

Men Will Become GODS
Spoiler [+]

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 Damnit Fergie! Sign him up now!!!!! Wenger can speak Japanese for heavens sake... 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm guessing that's City, you're talking about right?  Cover for Yaya?
I would love to see Kagawa in a Arsenal jersey...got him on my team in FIFA
pimp.gif

We also have his fellow country man, Ryo on the team. Two reasons I'm excited to see Japan, them and a few other players are exciting to watch.

AW speaking Japanese and Ryo, would certainly make him feel more at home. 

Hopefully Ryo gets more chances to play this season. That loan did him justice but development under AW would really do him right.

M'Vila said he'll make his decision after his game on Sunday. I rather see Kagawa come to the Emirates. 

eiddyfouw - Yeah City for Yaya as you mentioned.

Also forgot to mention that there are rumors that Matias Suarez is just waiting on paperwork to complete his move to Arsenal.

Just heard on Twitter that Del Piero might go to the PL. Arsenal, QPR, spuds rumored

nerd.gif

smh...

Good.Getting away from that comfort zone at home could help.Getting minutes will definitely help.

We aren't getting Kagawa.  I would love it though.  The back pages have started to make me question if we really are going to be able to keep RVP.
ohwell.gif
  I just hope we aren't forced to sell him to one of the Manchester clubs.  Hopefully he knows that he can't do that if ever wants to be remembered fondly at the Emirates.  I feel like that there is genuine love for the club so hopefully he doesn't end up at City. 

Originally Posted by DLo13

nerd.gif

smh...

Good.Getting away from that comfort zone at home could help.Getting minutes will definitely help.
i agree, hes gonna get a whole lot more minutes now..but i just dont like chivas usa, its the blackhole.

Originally Posted by DLo13

nerd.gif

smh...

Word. This a great trade imo Juan gets some real playing time and NYRB get a great defender in Pearce

Originally Posted by babam11218719

We aren't getting Kagawa.  I would love it though.  The back pages have started to make me question if we really are going to be able to keep RVP.
ohwell.gif
  I just hope we aren't forced to sell him to one of the Manchester clubs.  Hopefully he knows that he can't do that if ever wants to be remembered fondly at the Emirates.  I feel like that there is genuine love for the club so hopefully he doesn't end up at City. 

Apparently Arsenal needs to see 200k a week for RVP to stay (yes, that is less than other offers, but it's about 70k more than what they originally offered)...
If RVP goes, I doubt he'll stay in EPL...he'll go somewhere else. I think he loves Arsenal deep down...he'd rather win in another league then leave Arsenal for City/United.  But who knows...

@Mastamind I'm still not sure how Chamakh is still a professional footballer at a top flight club 
30t6p3b.gif
 it boggles my mind...

Potential LFC Managers....
Andres Villas Boas (talks with management have already begun)

Roberto Martinez (talks are set to begin soon- Wigan's owners have allowed talks to begin)

Rafa Benitez (unlikely, he's publicly claimed he's not interested- but then again, he's unemployed)

Apparently Arsenal needs to see 200k a week for RVP to stay (yes, that is less than other offers, but it's about 70k more than what they originally offered)...
If RVP goes, I doubt he'll stay in EPL...he'll go somewhere else. I think he loves Arsenal deep down...he'd rather win in another league then leave Arsenal for City/United.  But who knows...
Who could match that offer ? Moneywise the PL or Real Madrid is the way to go and I don't think Real Madrid needs him.

Back
Top Bottom