The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Valdes is a BUM, HORRIBLE goalkeeper.

He's made his share of mistakes, but who else would Barca get to man the nets? I remember cringing when gave away the ball to Angel Di Maria what 2 years ago? I think they need to get him to stay. If you were in his shoes, would you really rather go to EPL? I mean with Barca, you will always be in contention for La Liga titles & Champions League titles...He must think he needs a fresh start or something...

Lots of Arsenal fans on here huh?

Last edited:
Anybody have any perspective on how Ronaldinho is playing in Brazil? Scolari included him in his first squad since his return.

Anybody have any perspective on how Ronaldinho is playing in Brazil? Scolari included him in his first squad since his return.

Valdes is only rated high because of Barca's recent great defense.

You ever seen the guy under pressure?

I get that some people think he's been a product of a good defense in front of him. But he wouldn't have been the goalie all these years unless he was a solid goalie. I mean he's been part of what, 5 or so La Liga titles & 3 Champions League titles?

I just read on ESPN that Miguel Reina stated his son (Liverpool's Pepe ) would love to come home & play for Barca...That's intriguing...

Arteta is still out and Coquelin is out. Wenger said we are shorton positions at the moment. Yea, no shod. We've been short on positions. Only if we could actually do something about it. There was a rumor of AW being in Germany metting with Gotze :smh:

But we're not getting Gotze, well certainly not now. I don't see him leaving BVB yet and they are in a better position than us for sure. My issue is that, the #10 role is for Jack. Of course there will be times were he'll play deeper and Santi will play that role. And OX will eventually play centrally. AW himself has even said for positions, having 1 player position is too few and 3 is too much. Give me Capoue, Strootman or someone else of that type.
We've been linked to a 20year LW who is playing in France, I don't remember his name off the type of my head. I don't know much about him, there aren't many youtube videos, hardly any. But we might as well call Ryo back from loan. I mean unless he is planing to get rid of Gervinho :lol: who by the way scored the game winner for the Ivory Coast today. It was a nice goal. Frustrating as **** to see because he can't stay consistent :smh:
But yes, we need a ST, MF, CB
In Wenger style we wait until the end of the window so we don't get outbid. Because that's what happens when we bid too early, (ie Mata, Hazard, etc). Other clubs step in offer more money, higher wages...

Last edited:
My goodness....Tunisia with a beauty of a goal in the 91st minute.

Absolutely sensational :smokin

edit: Valdes is a terrible keeper. Barca's possesion makes him look good. When he's properly tested, he fails.

Last edited:
Its so frustrating watching these players slip away. Thinking about starting a fund. Arsenal fans will vote on the player they want, realistically of course, and will raise money to buy them. That way there are no more excuses! Eff buying tickets! People supported Kony 2012. I'm up for Arsenal 2013!! Who's with me?!
:smokin :lol:

For all of you Arsenal fans, there's hope.....

"Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is considering whether to take Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, 26, on loan."

I was reading about him possibly buying Gourcuff last week, I think we've been linked with him for the last couple years and nothing ever happens. :lol:

Gourcuff would be a nice addition, but I don't want no damn players on loan.

He needs to SIGN some damn people.

Gouffran is close to joining Newcastle...Pardew doing some damn things.

Coutinho could be heading to Anfield.

M'Vila might be heading to Rubin Kazan, but he wants to join a team in England.

Wanyama on Wenger's mind, hopefully he can wrap that damn deal up.

Last edited:
Gourcuff is not an Arsenal player?! What?
:rolleyes

Can't even count how many times we've been linked to that guy.

I guess he's been playing well enough to make it back on the national team roster...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...azil-to-face-england,-kaka-off-roster?cc=5901

Ronaldinho back on Brazil roster

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Ronaldinho and goalkeeper Julio Cesar have returned to Brazil's national team for next month's exhibition game at England, but Kaka was left off.

Luiz Felipe Scolari announced his roster Tuesday, his first since being rehired as Brazil coach. The former Chelsea manager coached Brazil to its fifth World Cup in 2002.

Ronaldinho, a 32-year-old forward who plays for Brazil's Atletico Mineiro after a successful career in Europe, scored in a long free kick that beat England goalkeeper David Seaman as Brazil won their 2002 World Cup quarterfinal.

Kaka has been linked with a return to AC Milan during the January transfer window, after failing to see regular playing time with Real Madrid.

The roster for the Feb. 6 game includes several newcomers, including Bayern Munich defender Dante, Atletico Madrid defender Miranda and Lazio midfielder Hernanes.

The roster:

Goalkeepers: Diego Alves (Valencia, Spain), Julio Cesar (Queens Park Rangers, England)

Defenders: Adriano (Barcelona, Spain), Dante (Bayern Munich, Germany), Daniel Alves (Barcelona, Spain), David Luiz (Chelsea, England), Felipe Luis (Atletico Madrid, Spain), Leandro Castan (Roma, Italy), Miranda (Atletico Madrid, Spain)

Midfielders: Arouca (Santos), Hernanes (Lazio, Italy), Lucas (Paris Saint-Germain, France), Oscar (Chelsea, England), Paulinho (Corinthians), Ramires (Chelsea, England)

Forwards: Fred (Fluminense), Hulk (Zenit St. Petersburg, Russia), Luiz Fabiano (Sao Paulo), Neymar (Santos), Ronaldinho (Atletico Mineiro)

Gourcuff is not an Arsenal player?! What?
:rolleyes

Can't even count how many times we've been linked to that guy.

He fits our style. But we need a DM/box-to-box much more than another AM. I would expect AW to say that he is too similar to Arteta or even Santi. Like how he said how Ba/Llorente are too similar to Giroud so he didn't want to buy them

Back
Top Bottom