The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

A few more random pics.

Real+Madrid+v+Manchester+United+UEFA+Champions+izHf3zjiORjx.jpg

RVP continuing to wear Adi...

Real+Madrid+v+Manchester+United+UEFA+Champions+1oRyg31hVc7x.jpg

Real+Madrid+v+Manchester+United+UEFA+Champions+tpCaSzQr1l-x.jpg

What a save...

Real+Madrid+v+Manchester+United+UEFA+Champions+usI7_EyjOK7x.jpg

Real+Madrid+v+Manchester+United+UEFA+Champions+O4hWHUdyeJSx.jpg

Cristiano+Ronaldo+Real+Madrid+v+Manchester+ji4U2juUAdPx.jpg

Could and should have been 3-1 to Madrid.

U fail to take into account van persies three scoring chances by simply looking at madrids scoring chances. Great job.

I only saw the highlights i didn't catch the game....but honestly De Gea's finger on Concentrao's (sp) shot saved a goal. And watching the highlights i said twice...welp RVP gonna finish this like he always does. Keeper saves off bar...and he completely botched that volley that Alonso cleared off the line.

But i really didn't think that De Gea kick save was necessary...he was just falling backwards expecting a big shot...and it was a miss hit that bounced at him. It does seem like a lot of people are saying Real Madrid were the better team...but after watching the highlights it seemed both teams had chances and it could have gone either way (but highlights are made to portray that stuff i understand)

Ronaldo's jumping ability.....good lord.

how'd Gus Johnson do yall?

Granted I am not as well versed as 99% in this thread as to the intriciacies of the game but I thought he was great.

Meh, he was serviceable. In truth, I expected a lot worse. The game did seem to move too fast for him. Although you hear facts & figures from him (showing he's been studying), you don't hear much in the way of observations or critiques you see from other announcers. I still don't understand fox handing duties like this to someone who really doesn't know the game but I guess that's fox for you.

Great pics above especially the CR7 header & the hug between CR7 & his "football father". If I heard correctly on the Fox Limits show with CR7, he has a slightly higher vert than the average NBA player.

Last edited:
^They are trying to capture addtional audience, people like myself who may not be familiar with all the ins and outs but are intrigued by the game and enjoy Gus' other work in other sports.

What a game by DDG. Absolutely massive. Damn the lineup/tactics... :lol:

As for Gus, I didn't really notice him, which is all I ask.

Glad it's going back to Manchester with everything in the balance. Will have that afternoon off since I have a licensing exam to take that morning. Can't wait.

What a game by DDG. Absolutely massive. Damn the lineup/tactics... :lol:

As for Gus, I didn't really notice him, which is all I ask.

Glad it's going back to Manchester with everything in the balance. Will have that afternoon off since I have a licensing exam to take that morning. Can't wait.

That's what I was asking for also, but I made it a point to listen to him to see how he did with such a big game.

I just got Fox Soccer so I can listen to Gus call games :lol:

Hopefully he keeps it American and creates his own unique terms and vocab rather than going al technical and European on us.

I loved how he kept saying "crossover" for whenever a player would move the ball from foot to foot :lol:

I just got Fox Soccer so I can listen to Gus call games :lol:

Hopefully he keeps it American and creates his own unique terms and vocab rather than going al technical and European on us.

I loved how he kept saying "crossover" for whenever a player would move the ball from foot to foot :lol:

I noticed he said "flopped" often too haha

i thought Gus was fine...like someone said you can tell hes done his homework...didnt sound out of place at all really

time to watch Clint the Gawd

Last edited:
GET BALE AT REAL MADRID ALREADY
And compete with Ronaldo for the same position? He's said before that he's loyal to the Hotspur, but as his worth keeps rising and his trophy case remains empty he's going to end up making a move. I doubt he leaves England though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a United kit in the future.

Back
Top Bottom