The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

When I took a tour of Old Trafford when they had the Audi sponsorship the tour guide said that they all gave the main squad a free car but they wanted them to actually drive them and be seen in public with them for publicity. They just gave it to their WAGs and he said that's where the deal went downhill from there
laugh.gif

Looks like it's official.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...n-to-retire-as-manchester-united-manager.aspx

Sir Alex retires

• Thirteenth league title in 26 years will be his last

• Most successful manager in English football history to become a director of Manchester United FC

NYSE: MANU.  Manchester, UK. Sir Alex Ferguson will retire at the end of the season, Manchester United announced today.

The most successful manager in English football history will bow out after the West Bromwich Albion game on 19 May and join the football club board.

Announcing his decision to retire, Sir Alex Ferguson said:

“The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.

“It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so. The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.

“Our training facilities are amongst the finest in global sport and our home Old Trafford is rightfully regarded as one of the leading venues in the world.

“Going forward, I am delighted to take on the roles of both Director and Ambassador for the club. With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future.

“I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential. My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career,

Last edited:
Wow.. I can't imagine a Utd team without Ferguson.

I guess Mourinho will be the one to step in?

Salute to a legend. It's the perfect time to bow out.

Wonder who it'll be next - Moyes and Mou are 1 and 2 according to the bookies. The former seems more likely, but it would be rather hilarious seeing all the Chelsea supporters' reactions in case of the latter.

Last edited:
Man i did not believe my friend when he told me SAF is retired. Not even a United fan and feel bad.

I can deff see Rooney leaving this summer, especially if Moyes is appointed

Salute to a legend, an irreplaceable and impossible act to follow. 

Not an Utd fan, but he will be sorely missed in the EPL ...constant whinging, Ref bashing, Fergie time and all 
laugh.gif

"...I'm sure we'll do very well"

I don't have a team I follow in the Prem, but it's been absolutely amazing to watch Sir Alex & his sides over the years. He's been at Man U as long as I've been watching footy. Thank you for some lovely futbol.

hopefully David Moyes gets the job
i wish i could NEG you... NO MOYES!!!! Bayern get Pep, Chelsea get Mou, and we get moyes, nah im not ok with that

I'm not a united fan by any means whatsoever but why the hate for Moyes? Is it because he's not a big time name? He's a very good manager by most accounts and if he were at a club that actually spent money (Everton hardly drop any money on transfers) I can see him doing really well. He's done great with the Toffees all things considered.

Wish SAF the best, he's one of the GOATs but I hope his health is well, not upset at all about him leaving his post :lol:

11 yrs and 0 trophies, ZERO experience coaching in europe and to be given the biggest job in england? Crazy. The only point ppl seem to be making is his longevity, but to hell with that, rather have successful managers every 4-5 yrs then someone who will stay around and make sure we atleast do ok. THIS AINT ARSENAL.. I will always support my club but I am not in favor of this selection.

Last edited:
11 yrs and 0 trophies, ZERO experience coaching in europe and to be given the biggest job in england? Crazy. The only point ppl seem to be making is his longevity, but to hell with that, rather have successful managers every 4-5 yrs then someone who will stay around and make sure we atleast do ok. THIS AINT ARSENAL.. I will always support my club but I am not in favor of this selection.

I understand that but you really think Everton is winning trophies in the PL?! :Lol They've had a GREAT season and best they'll do is 6th place. Hes even gotten them into CL qualification before which is impressive, as well as Europa league. And stability will be a good thing for united IMO, especially after SAF. Everton have NO resources, and his track record there can only be viewed as successful with what he had, they even won at Old Trafford this yr. t

The folks at United aren't gonna want a mercenary manager who's gonna leave after 2-3 good seasons and be erratic. I think Moyes would do well there with all the resources and talent, and ability to buy talent.

Last edited:
:lol: @ "THIS AINT ARSENAL".

I know they've had lunch/tea & hung out before, but I wonder if Sir Alex having lunch/tea before the CL match in Manchester had anything to do with Jose taking the reins.

Edit - Now puma has signed Arsenal, Nike should have more money available to help make sure they keep Man U with Swoosh.

Last edited:
Wow.. I can't imagine a Utd team without Ferguson.

I guess Mourinho will be the one to step in?

Salute to a legend. It's the perfect time to bow out.

Wonder who it'll be next - Moyes and Mou are 1 and 2 according to the bookies. The former seems more likely, but it would be rather hilarious seeing all the Chelsea supporters' reactions in case of the latter.

:smh: Y'all still on this nonsense. I've tried to tell you dudes a bunch of times already. Not happening. :lol:

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 1h
#MUFC sources say Mourinho was never in the running to succeed Ferguson. As far as they're concerned his deal with #CFC is done & dusted ...

:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom