The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Santana is replaceable.

Eriksen for Gotze.

Dzeko for Lewa.

Jurgen Klopp will earn his wages. Great manager.

Exactly. Dortmund reloads very nicely. Clearly don't expect another CL league campaign like this season next year, but 2-3 years from now they'll be back.

Dzeko makes perfect sense. I like Eriksen for Gotze. Marin? Chelsea not gonna use him might as well send him back to Germany.

Man United fans, who do you guys want more than any other player this transfer window? On twitter it seems to be Cesc and Bale

Marin is definitely surplus with Mou at the helm.

Would have liked to see Klopp at Stamford Bridge.

Young players I'll continue tracking: Strootman, KDB, Courtois, Il Faraone, Varane, Nastasic, Pogba, Marrone, Casemiro, Guidetti.

Man City going to Giants practice and Joe Hart trying to play receiver.

Giants baby
pimp.gif

Tevez stay colla poppin'
laugh.gif

man I wanted to see them to try to throw the pigskin, he said Hart was the best while giving underhand girly tosses back to the trainers
laugh.gif

Rafa has lost his mind apparently. :lol:

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Benitez asked at the very top to sign one amongst Vincent Kompany or David Luiz, but Napoli had to reject his request as price too high
8:07 PM - 28 May 2013

:smh: man do I wish we would have kept a hold of Pogba

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1462603/pogba-lifts-lid-exit-man-united?cc=4716

with Moyes in,you'd expect Pogba to have a really good chance at Utd's first team squad...
Carrick's place in the first XI is assured but who else does Pogba has to contend with?
with Fletcher out and Scholes retired,Pogba only has to deal with the overweight Ando :smh: and Tom.
No contest for the Frenchman.

Man United fans, who do you guys want more than any other player this transfer window? On twitter it seems to be Cesc and Bale

Cesc and Bale would be nice but I doubt those players will be leaving anytime soon...probably not for United anyway...
realistically,Strootman to eventually replace Carrick...Fellaini will be a good addition to the squad as well...

in other news...

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 7h
Rene Meulensteen has left his position as first team coach of Manchester United. [voetbal international]

Seems like Moyes really wants to do things his way....

it hasn't been confirmed on Utd's official website but since Sir Alex's retirement,Mike Phelan(assistant manager) and Eric Steele(GK coach) have also left the club...
with Phil Neville set to return to Old Trafford as one of Moyes' assistant coaches,maybe the Everton revolution has indeed begun...

:x at the fat waiter taking charge of Napoli...
I love Maradona and have always wanted the club to do well but I sense that the new manager is just gonna **** things up for them...

From the Daily Mail "Liverpool are set to miss out on star midfielder Christian Eriksen this summer after Champions League final losers Borussia Dortmund made their move.
According to reports in Denmark, the German club have put in a £10million offer for one of the hottest young properties in Europe, with a fee of around £13m to be agreed between the club.
The 21-year-old has a year left on his contract but is widely expected to lave this summer."

Real Madrid names Zidane as sporting director
Zinedine Zidane, a three-time World Player of the Year, is the new sporting director at Real Madrid and will have a major say in personnel decisions, club president Florentino Perez said.
The Blancos had earlier eliminated the sporting director post at the behest of coach Jose Mourinho, who wanted full control over the squad.
But with the Portuguese manager's departure, management decided to revive the post, Perez told Cadena Ser radio.
Zidane, a former French international who played for Real Madrid from 2001-2006, is to coordinate the search for Mourinho's successor, Perez said.
Perez is currently unopposed in his bid for another term as club president in the June 16 election.
"If there are no other candidates, I take office Tuesday (June 18) and from there we begin with the issue of the coach. Though people don't believe it, we haven't talked to anybody. What is certain is that this entire sporting project will be led by Zidane," Perez said.
As part of the Real Madrid organization for the last two years, Zidane has been working toward his coaching license while overseeing the club's youth academy.
"I don't believe Zidane wants to be coach, but in these years he has been with Madrid he has become a coach and sporting manager. Of course I would like him to be coach of Real Madrid one day," Perez said.
Mourinho's replacement and Zidane "will analyze the reality of the team and its weaknesses," the club president said. "We will try to make a qualitative leap."
Despite a lineup that includes superstar Cristiano Ronaldo and standouts such as Xabi Alonso and Fabio Coentrao, Real Madrid finished second in La Liga, was eliminated from the Champions League in the semifinals and lost the Copa del Rey final to crosstown rival Atletico Madrid. EFE

Please keep Marin in the PL.I hate him, he is in incredible a diver and

cries if an opponent player just look at him.
mean.gif

That we bought Santana could mean that Papadopoulos is leaving us.

before his injury Zenith wanted him for 20mil euros.

Arsenal FC ‏@FFArsenal
Thierry Henry: "If you're truly an Arsenal man, it's not about being fourth, it's about finishing above Tottenham!"

Footie Writer ‏@FootieWriter
After hearing AS Monaco are signing everybody Peter Odemwingie has made the journey to the club to sit outside the training ground. #Hopeful

Santana is replaceable.

Eriksen for Gotze.

Dzeko for Lewa.

Jurgen Klopp will earn his wages. Great manager.

Exactly. Dortmund reloads very nicely. Clearly don't expect another CL league campaign like this season next year, but 2-3 years from now they'll be back.

Dzeko makes perfect sense. I like Eriksen for Gotze. Marin? Chelsea not gonna use him might as well send him back to Germany.

Cesc/Thiago/Eriksen/Reus/Strootman/Yaya (dreaming)/Modric

If none of those...Fellaini. I like Fellaini quite a bit, but I worry he might just be a target man for the balls in the air, which is still part of United's game, but I thought we were going through a clear shift into passing more on the ground, with quick interchanges etc. I'm not sure if that's Fellaini's strongest point.

A creative / holding midfielder

Bale's agent talking to Marca saying that there isn't a new contract on the table at Tottenham like those reports suggested as the season ended. Just dangling that carrot waiting for Real to bite.

Anybody looking at buying tickets to the International cup tourney this summer in the US? Going to be in NYC, San Fran, Miami, etc.

Juve, Madrid, Milan, Inter, Valencia, Chelsea, Galaxy & one other team...forgot who

Monaco is literally Jorge Mendes team now, he's got the Monaco owner on a string.

Just feeding him his own clients, that's why Coentrao, Di Maria, Nani are rumored to go as well.

Monaco is literally Jorge Mendes team now, he's got the Monaco owner on a string.

Just feeding him his own clients, that's why Coentrao, Di Maria, Nani are rumored to go as well.

He has went from taking all his clients from Man Utd and Atletico Madrid to now moving them all to Monaco

The French federation need to take a stand to this no tax rule :smh:

He has went from taking all his clients from Man Utd and Atletico Madrid to now moving them all to Monaco

The French federation need to take a stand to this no tax rule :smh:

They should take a stand AFTER Nani has been signed to another club.

The Catalan will be dearly missed but if he moves, this might cement Thiago staying with the Blaugrana...

If this does indeed happen (I realize this is all speculative), I'm going to have to get my son a Cesc away Man U shirt...

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/manchesterunited/id/2134?cc=5901

May 29 @ 1:37PM EDT
Moyes' joy of Cesc
Posted by Mark Payne

Cesc Fabregas has failed to win a regular starting spot at Barca

David Moyes certainly hasn't wasted any time. His contract at Manchester United doesn't start until July 1, but as news emerges that the Red Devils have made enquiries over the availability of Cesc Fabregas, it seems the Scot is attempting to construct his team already.

Fabregas returned to Barcelona in 2011 as a favourite son who had been dearly missed. The move ended several years of speculation and seemed like a perfect fit at the time. In reality, Fabregas was put into direct competition with some of the best midfielders in history, Xavi and Andres Iniesta, and has struggled to hold down a place.

Barca are still deciding what to do next with a signing that has been a relative failure and United, who have lacked established quality in midfield for some time, are looking to capitalise on the situation.

Although Michael Carrick and Tom Cleverley performed admirably in the recent title-winning campaign, neither provides the sumptuous quality Fabregas is capable of. Moyes also will be aware how Carrick was completely overrun in two Champions League finals against Barcelona.

United's midfield is more threadbare than usual, with Paul Scholes retired and Darren Fletcher still unwell, with no comeback in sight. Anderson has had his sixth disappointing season on the trot and Nani continues to frustrate. They could both be sold.

Wayne Rooney was played in central midfield several times toward the end of last season and showed glimpses of great vision from his deeper role on the pitch. However, it is unclear at this stage whether he will be continuing at United and the rumours regarding Fabregas could have him shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

At Arsenal, Fabregas captained the side with distinction and has the kind of thrusting personality that can drive games forward. He has the requisite quality to thrive at United and would no doubt link up well with former teammate Robin van Persie. Arsene Wenger is unlikely to be happy at that possibility and with Arsenal believed to have first refusal on Fabregas, he could yet throw a spanner in the works of any potential deal.

A fee of £25 million has been mooted for Fabregas, but his Barca teammate Thiago Alcantara could be available for much less. The La Masia graduate's buyout clause has decreased from €90 million to only €18 million due to Barca failing to use him for the required 60 percent of playing time this season. The youngster would be another good option.

But there is no doubt that Fabregas would be welcomed by the United supporters and he represents the kind of big-name signing that fans crave. There is the possibility, however, that this is all a ruse to flush out Rooney's intentions. Either way, it appears that Manchester United's new manager is on the job already. And that can only be a good thing.

Last edited:
Would love Cesc at United but just cannot see it happening, BUT someone will have to leave Barca with the arrival of Neymar,

It is looking like it is out of Cesc, Thiago or Villa - Maybe 2 of these

Villa is def. gone.
I feel Barca is going to keep Cesc one more season and Thiago is going to be based on how he performs at U-21 Euros this summer.

Anyone a fan of the kid Maruo Icardi? Inter is def. going to need him next season. I want to see them back among the elite

From what I've read, Thiago seems to be a very grounded guy. He's been quoted as saying all the right things & seems to have the right attitude about things. But who knows. It's all speculative.

As a Barca fan, I'd like to see Cesc go so that we can keep Thiago (it pains me to say that, but I think it's for the best if the folks at Camp Nou could engineer that). I also want the others I mentioned on previous posts. In addition to Thiago, Gerard Deulofeu, & Sergi Samper. I'm not sure how I feel about Marc Bartra...

Looks like Villa is indeed gone. Tottenham has supposedly offered a £12m transfer for Villa.

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/28/en/football/barcelona/1369770300.html

DE GEA JOKED ABOUT HIS GOING TO UNITED
Thiago: "After the Europeans we'll see how everything turns out"
05/28/2013

Barcelona player Thiago Alcántara did not cast any light on his future at the Catalan club, saying that he is currently "focused" on the Under-21 European Championships, in which he will compete with the Spanish national team, and he will "see what happens", at the same time as describing new arrival Neymar as a "fantastic player".

"I'm working with the national team right now and when the time comes for something to happen, it'll happen. We're hoping to play in the last Liga game because they've allowed us to and we can focus on finishing in the best possible way and then get back here fired up for playing the European Championship", the Barça player commented following a training session with the national squad.

The Spanish-Brazilian made it clear that he was not at all concerned about his future, saying: "I eat, I sleep, I live my life and I'm very happy. I really enjoy being at Barcelona because I'm lucky to be part of things when the team's doing well and we'll see how everything turns out after the European Championship".

When asked about De Gea's comments in which the Spanish player said that he would like to see Thiago in a Manchester United shirt, the midfielder joked: "Everyone wants the best for their team. Just like I say I wish he'd come to Barça, he says the same to me. I think of it as a bit of a joke and we should leave it as that", he added.

Episode #7 of Goal.com's transfer talk... I don't see Bale going to La Liga. As I've said before, I see him going to Man U before going to La Liga...

Last edited:
Would love Cesc at United but just cannot see it happening, BUT someone will have to leave Barca with the arrival of Neymar,

It is looking like it is out of Cesc, Thiago or Villa - Maybe 2 of these

I agree, his Cesc story is to sell papers. Arsenal still have first right if refusal, why would they let him come to United especially after he apparently said he'd only leave Barca to come back to Arsenal. Granted players talk a lot of non-sense and will tell you they want to end their career at a club, all while letting the ink dry on a contract to a new club. But I just don't see it happening with Cesc.

He issue is though, if Cesc was pushed out of Barca, would he be keen to come to the Emirates with this current team? Probably not...

Back
Top Bottom