The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Ronaldo.....:x

BPYO5ZECEAA15n3.jpg

he's the only one on the pitch thats wearing shorts that short. Can he not help himself

No idea what's wrong with trying to achieve a perfect tan during practice. I'm a beach guy myself, I'll roll my shorts up when I lay down.

Leave Cristiano alone. He'll be back to the long shorts for the games lol.

:wow: :wow: News is coming out that Santos to Flamengo is.....PERMANENT!?

Flamengo are set to complete the signing of Andre Santos from Arsenal and he is relishing the move, according to reports in Brazil.

The left-back has been back in his homeland for the past few months after joining Gremio on loan in February, following a difficult period at Emirates Stadium when he fell down the pecking order and was criticised for some of his performances.

He is now set to seal a permanent switch to Flamengo, with reports suggesting that he will sign a contract with the club until 2015.

Flamengo had been facing a nervous wait to finalise the move ahead of the Brazilian transfer deadline on July 20, but a deal has now been agreed and is close to being rubberstamped.

"The Arsenal document we were waiting has come," Flamengo's director of football Paulo Pelaipe told UOL.

"Everything is agreed between the player and the club. We are just waiting for the document that authorises the transfer to announce him, it should come by Friday.

"Andre Santos is already at the club's hotel for the medical."

Santos has also expressed his joy at the imminent switch and hopes to play his part in a successful period for Flamengo.

"The feeling couldn't be better, as I am very happy with the achievement of playing for a great club like Flamengo," he is quoted as telling Globo Esporte.

"I feel like a winner. I hope to make history here, be champions and help Flamengo win many games and titles."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...nal-s-Andre-Santos-close-to-Flamengo-transfer

tumblr_ltvp1hyBqs1qcoaie.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Get the **** in!

BEST TRANSFER WINDOW IN AGES!!!!!!

Last edited:
^ Damn I was so hyped after reading that sky article about Santos being close to gone that I didnt see you already posted it. :lol:

I appreciate all the work you, and all the others who add links/news to this thread, in keeping people up to date with the silly transfer season. :nthat:

Bernard is a perfect Wenger type signing for Arsenal, Be good to have him in England for sure

Meanwhile in Never Land....
Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 2h

"I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it's going." - David Moyes on Cesc Fabregas bid. #mufc

Doubt they wont sign anyone.. linked with Marquinhos

Anyone peep what PSG owner said?
"they pay Thiago's buyout clause, I'll pay Lionel Messi's buyout clause" - PSG owner al Khelaifi warns Barça over Thiago Silva. (Source:RMC)
sad thing is he probably could 
mean.gif
. these dudes just have billions to play with while I am buying my jerseys on sale 
laugh.gif

This cesc debacle is just smoke and mirrors. We are really after ineista -_-

Anyone from MD on here? I think there's a few of us. NTer Mastamind89 posted the youth members that joined the Arsenal's Asian tour & Gedion Zelalem a former MD resident made the trip. He lived in Bethesda for about 6-7 years. His parents are from Ethiopia, but he holds German citizenship.

Of course pundits like to compare young players to older ones which can be outlandish but this kid's playmaking abilities have been compared to Cesc & even Zidane. Hope this kid pans out... He's currently part of Arsenal's youth academy.

Zelalem vs Indonesian Dream Team

Zelalem's debut on Arsenal's U21 against Liverpool from April '13.

i know alot has been made of United not getting their signings.. but Arsenal are in the same boat. They cant possibly be thinking about fielding the exact same squad as last yr. Id say even if we dont pick up another player, we could still make top 4 easily, they cannot say the same.

But Man U might lose Rooney, their 2nd best player.

And Ferdinand and Evra aren't getting any younger.

And since when did Man U care about finishing top 4 :lol:

I thought it was cup or nothing

Last edited:
I have a feeling Arsenal come up with a shocking signing by the end of the window. They almost have to, even if it means overspending. 

Anyone from MD on here? I think there's a few of us. NTer Mastamind89 posted the youth members that joined the Arsenal's Asian tour & Gedion Zelalem a former MD resident made the trip. He lived in Bethesda for about 6-7 years. His parents are from Ethiopia, but he holds German citizenship.

Of course pundits like to compare young players to older ones which can be outlandish but this kid's playmaking abilities have been compared to Cesc & even Zidane. Hope this kid pans out... He's currently part of Arsenal's youth academy.

I'm from MD, PSK, and the Post did a nice write up on him the other day as well. He played for Walter Johnson HS and local club teams before being discovered... although the comparisons are premature at best, the upside to this kid is immense and hopefully he'll don the stars and stripes one day (he has trained with US U15's)...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../07/12/update-on-3-former-d-c-area-standouts/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e5fcbd2-e559-11e1-8f62-58260e3940a0_blog.html

Speaking of my Gunners, its great to hear AW is making moves for Bernard. The kid has played his tail off for Atletico Mineiro in their crazy run through the Brasilerao and Libertadores this year, as well as his small contribution to the Selecao at the confed cup... Not sure where he'd fit in our MF, as both wing spots are taken, but i can see him contributing off the bench and in FA Cup/Carling cup matches...

Hopefully we can pull the trigger on Higuain, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.... We def need to sign some players soon... I hate the deadline day signing sprees that reek of desperation...

To be honest they way Arsenal and Man United have gone abut transfers this Summer has made them look quite foolish,
Other teams have just gone out and got the player they need \ want whereas these 2 clubs seem to just be strolling around

I'm from MD, PSK, and the Post did a nice write up on him the other day as well. He played for Walter Johnson HS and local club teams before being discovered... although the comparisons are premature at best, the upside to this kid is immense and hopefully he'll don the stars and stripes one day (he has trained with US U15's)...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../07/12/update-on-3-former-d-c-area-standouts/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e5fcbd2-e559-11e1-8f62-58260e3940a0_blog.html

Speaking of my Gunners, its great to hear AW is making moves for Bernard. The kid has played his tail off for Atletico Mineiro in their crazy run through the Brasilerao and Libertadores this year, as well as his small contribution to the Selecao at the confed cup... Not sure where he'd fit in our MF, as both wing spots are taken, but i can see him contributing off the bench and in FA Cup/Carling cup matches...

Hopefully we can pull the trigger on Higuain, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.... We def need to sign some players soon... I hate the deadline day signing sprees that reek of desperation...

The post article & remembering Mastamind89 from about a week ago made me post those vids. I should've supplied the Wash Post story too.

I would like to see Higuain play for Arsenal but not at the price RM is asking for. That's waay too much IMO.

Back
Top Bottom