The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Would've preferred to see Higuain play in the EPL, but I'm glad to see he's going to a club where he'll get the appreciation and first team football he deserves. He'll definitely net over 25 goals in the Serie A this season. Also, where are you guys hearing these Aguero to Madrid rumors?

Yeah, he'll definitely rack up a nice goal tally for the season. As for the rumors, I remember seeing them pop up on twitter a while ago. Suarez or Aguero would go to Real. More of fan speculation I think

Aguero stories came up when reports said he wasn't happy under Mancini at City. That was near the end of last season though...

Last edited:
Anyway, a few photos from the 2 games tonight... 

Although the conditions were horrible (downpour), it was still a lot of fun. Not often you get 3 EPL teams in town... 4 if you count Utd. on Monday for a stand-alone exhibition.

Sorry for the photo-spam 
tongue.gif

Incredible save by Brad.

Di Canio letting the ref know it wasn't offside... 
laugh.gif

Citeh vs South China.

Lol @ Nasri getting boooo'd on EVERY touch.

Cheeky backheel.

The way Bayern are whippin these crosses in, and finding their targets, I can't believe it's still 1-0

Nice SinnerP! Looks like you had great seats

I always forget you live in the homeland :lol: I miss that place, hopefully I'll be there during the winter

Who crossed that Contento?
Barca fans, how you guys rate Dongou? Don't know much about him except for some youtube clips

"Luis Suarez will be allowed to hold talks with Arsenal but Liverpool have no intention of selling their striker until his £50m-plus valuation is met."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419

Last edited:
Who crossed that Contento?
Barca fans, how you guys rate Dongou? Don't know much about him except for some youtube clips
I can't wait until he matures a bit more and gets on the first team. He's a natural goal scorer. Super fast for his size and very strong. If all goes well, he will be equivalent to Samuel Eto'o, maybe even better. 

So this is what Barca B without Eusebio looks like. 

:lol: I had the exact same thought sitting here watching the stream at work. Espinosa stood out for me, really circulated the ball well. Would've liked to see Samper get some run.

I can't wait until he matures a bit more and gets on the first team. He's a natural goal scorer. Super fast for his size and very strong. If all goes well, he will be equivalent to Samuel Eto'o, maybe even better. 

He has the potential to be world class, and I hope he reaches that level, but those expectations are a bit much to put on him. I've heard it before, and it's a natural comparison considering his background, but Sammy is probably the greatest African footballer of all time. Let's let Jean be Jean.

DD is basically a diety to me, but I give the nod to Sammy over Didier. Beyond his goal scoring record, he is probably the most accomplished African player ever. That being said, for me, Sammy and George Weah battle it out for the top spot in my book.

Drogba is a great, but Sammy's incredible resume speaks for itself. And there's also the fact that his versatility allowed him to play a bunch of positions from wingback to CF.

Weah's up there too, but he wasn't as consistent as Sammy.

Last edited:
I feel as though Arsenal could have done much more with whatever they're going to spend on Suarez.

Drogba is a great, but Sammy's incredible resume speaks for itself. And there's also the fact that his versatility allowed him to play a bunch of positions from wingback to CF.

Weah's up there too, but he wasn't as consistent as Sammy.
 Sammy ruled the CF position when he was with Barca. He killed everyone and anyone that tried to defend him. That quick turnaround shot was always a gem to see.

Back
Top Bottom