The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

^^ I wouldn't say BINGO to that point

Look at the strength of the Yugoslavian national team during the 90's while the Balkans were ravaged by civil war......

I always thought/heard that the cartel violence in Mex is confined to certain areas, like there's plenty of regions down there that are stable and safe and its not really an issue (I could be wrong though, but I do know that my coworker at an internship was from EL Paso and the stuff he told me about Juarez :x :x :x). But places like Colombia aren't/weren't exactly safe havens and they had lots of great players in the early 90s/late 80s and even today thats a smaller country that would run circles around Mex. Their domestic league isn't even that great, and has issues paying players and everything...I'd think Liga MX is better than their league. You can line up those rosters though and the only player who would probably be close to starting are maybe Cheech but probably just Vela, and dude doesn't even play for the Mex team :lol:

Last edited:
Schuster confirmed as new Malaga FC manager according to Sky
Bayer Leverkusen sign Heung-Min Son
@City_Watch City's Abdul Razak has been sent home by Ivory Coast after a brawl w/ Jean-Jacques Gosso in training (look at Yaya).

:lol:

Edit- Fiorentina agree deal for Malaga's Joaquin. http://on-msn.com/13GMS2R

Last edited:

Look at the strength of the Yugoslavian national team during the 90's while the Balkans were ravaged by civil war......

I was speaking more towards the economic issues in that country as well. Anyone looking for a good read check out soccernomics.. Sheds more light on the connection between the two

Arsenal to hijack Barca's Torres bid

Fernando Torres (Reuters)
by Harry Sherlock13th June 2013 2:50pm BST
Exclusive
Arsenal are ready to hijack Barcelona’s move for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres.
The La Liga champions had lined up a £17 million bid for the Blues frontman – who scored 22 goals in all competitions last season.
But SportsDirect News has learned the Gunners are ready to rival their Catalan counterparts and make an offer of their own.
Emirates boss Arsene Wenger is a huge admirer of the 29-year-old, and believes he could help him recapture the form that made him one of the most feared strikers in the world at Liverpool.
The Frenchman is in the market for a marquee forward, with Manchester United star Wayne Rooney, Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain and Fiorentina hitman Stevan Jovetic all on his shortlist.
But with Rooney’s wages a major stumbling block, Higuain edging closer to a move to Juventus and Jovetic also interesting Chelsea, Wenger has turned his attention to Torres.
A Gunners source told us: “The boss loves Torres. He knows how good he can be, and a deal could come off.
“Chelsea are looking at strikers, Fernando has become surplus to requirements and Arsene is ready to pounce.”
However, Torres has snubbed moves away from Chelsea to fight for his place before – and could choose to do so once more this summer.

Silly season in full effect.

I scratched my head at the rumor of Torres coming to Barca... Aside from Villa most likely leaving, Barca already has Alexis Sanchez, Pedro Rodriguez and Cristian Tello along with youngsters Gerard Deulofeu and returning-from-loan Bojan Krkic, Isaac Cuenca and Ibrahim Afellay. Wish we could get rid of Alexis & Pedro & give the youngsters a shot.

PSG & RM possibly eyeing Laudrup for their manager post. PSG is also possibly looking at AVB...

Does the European union have reciprocity agreements in place that would require Tevez's driving ban & community hours to be completed in another city should he leave The Citizens?

Last edited:

The Yugoslavian national team did well in the 1990 World cup and the wars didn't occur until afterwards starting with the ten day war which occurred during 1991. So I don't know what you're talking about. Mexico has violence occurring right now. Im not Mexican so I'm going by what I hear other Mexicans say and what the media reports. I hear some say its not that bad, while I hear others say it is bad.

Last edited:
Wolfsburg & Shalke most recently
Relegation ? Schalke ? What ????

2010/2011 was a very special season.

We tried to change our system from a defensive oriented system to an offensive oriented system.

Mönchengladbach is NOT interested in Bendtner.

Last edited:
Honestly, I just don't think Mexico has enough elite players. Sure they have a ******** of people but they just aren't built with natural skill/talent like Brazil youth, spanish, etc.

Could it be genes? I mean, special players like cristiano, messi, they're born with talent. Then 2nd tier stars like say Marcelo, they are simply guys with extreme talent and so is the ENTIRE brazilian team.

Now look at Mexico, outside of Gio, Chicha and Vela, none of those players can start on a team like brazil, portugal, germany, etc.

That's how I look at it
How can you say something like this with a straight face son. lmao. Mexico has great players in praised clubs like barca and RM loulz. I don't even know what to say, left field as ****.

This is like those arguments about those racist pricks online saying black people are inferior due to genes or some dumb ****. I seriously hope you don't do that. You have very little basis to draw such conclusions, yet you're doing it. You're better than that, try again.

Russled/10

Let me tell you something...first why bring Blacks in it.....and don't let blacks in America that let white folks condition them to think they don't have the ability to succeed make you think it's true (not saying you do)

Early history THEY traveled to Africa looking for **** and got schooled on a lot things...Africans just got too damn friendly with them and in the end got raped for centuries till this day

not trying to make it a race thing...just a mini rant :smile:

Relegation ? Schalke ? What ????

2010/2011 was a very special season.

We tried to change our system from a defensive oriented system to an offensive oriented system.
im not taking a shot at Shalke they are a great side, just pointing out that 09-10 they finished 2nd and 10-11 they finished 14th, I understand the system change but I think you can see what my point was

Hey guys I'm working for this new soccer website named Soccer WithOut Limits. It allows users to write articles that could be posted if the editors feel it's good contribution to the site. We're based out of Miami and are hosting an event raising awareness on keeping racism out of soccer. Here are the links if you guys want to check it out:

http://soccerwithoutlimits.com/

Twitter: @SWOLofficial

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mySWOL

Hey guys I'm working for this new soccer website named Soccer WithOut Limits. It allows users to write articles that could be posted if the editors feel it's good contribution to the site. We're based out of Miami and are hosting an event raising awareness on keeping racism out of soccer. Here are the links if you guys want to check it out:

http://soccerwithoutlimits.com/

Twitter: @SWOLofficial

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mySWOL

http://footballwithoutlimits.com/

^ the domain is still available.

handegg.jpg

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom