The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

@_CarltonCole9: Why did Thiago choose Bayern? Why did he want to be managed by a multiple CL winner rather than a man who's only trophy is the Div 4 title?

Pretty much sums up United right now smh

Wow you Man U fans are ready to jump off the bridge already?

I always suspected Thiago might going to Bayern (if he went anywhere). His agent is Pep's brother & Pep was a big supporter of Thiago as he worked up Barca's ranks.

I actually suspect Man U not signing him might have to do with management more than Moyes.

Last edited:
@FootballFunnys: Bayern's midfield next season:

Ribery
Martinez
Robben
Shaqiri
Gotze
Weiser
Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Can
Kroos
Thiago

You should be scared.

^Does anyone think he'll sniff any decent playing time though?

I mean like you said that list is already scary.  I feel like staying in Barcelona would be his best career move

Wow you Man U fans are ready to jump off the bridge already?

I always suspected Thiago might going to Bayern (if he went anywhere). His agent is Pep's brother & Pep was a big supporter of Thiago as he worked up Barca's ranks.

I actually suspect Man U not signing him might have to do with management more than Moyes.

I wouldn't say ready to jump off the bridge per se. But United fans will be getting disgruntled with consistently watching transfer targets slip away...

i dont think anyone in this thread at least was serious about any of these manager out posts, who needs Thiago when you have Januzaj and Powell

@101greatgoals Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey shows off some incredible skills http://bit.ly/15d4Hro
@FrenchFtWeekly According to Sky Italia, Roberto Calenda (Marquinhos' agent) is in Paris to discuss a €35m transfer to PSG
Napoli set to beat Arsenal to loan signing of QPR's Júlio César http://gu.com/p/3ha89/tw via @guardian
@NBCSportsSoccer Manchester United won't be offering Wayne Rooney a new contract http://ow.ly/2ykVgk
@NBCSportsSoccer Red Bull Salzburg defender scores rip from 71 yards out (Video) http://ow.ly/2yl9PA
-Qatar set to purchase 118 tanks to prepare for 2022 World Cup http://ow.ly/2yl2vk

i dont think anyone in this thread at least was serious about any of these manager out posts, who needs Thiago when you have Januzaj and Powell

Would you be interested in a bridge in north jersey? :lol:

I don't think either of them are in the same class as Thiago. Januzaj is the better of the 2 but I'm not sure Moyes is entirely convinced hence the look for another MF in the transfer market. Januzaj did look ok in spurts against the Singha all stars but I didn't realize how much of a stick he is.

Don't want him at my club :smh:

Last edited:

Ribery
Martinez
Robben
Shaqiri
Gotze
Weiser
Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Can
Kroos
Thiago

You should be scared.

How are you going to leave out the best one of all of them? :lol:

Muller runs the show.

Schurrle, Hazard, Mata, Mikel, Essien, De Bruyne, Oscar, Moses, Ramires, Lampard, and Van Ginkel is a better group than that. But I may be a bit biased.

How are you going to leave out the best one of all of them? :lol:

Muller runs the show.

Schurrle, Hazard, Mata, Mikel, Essien, De Bruyne, Oscar, Moses, Ramires, Lampard, and Van Ginkel is a better group than that. But I may be a bit biased.

You are very biased because as a Blues supporter I can tell you that they aren't nearly as good. Last season Schwein and Martinez were the best double pivot in the world. Obviously it will be a new system, but I don't know how adding Gotze and Thiago could hurt.

Where the hell are you guys watching preseason games?

I use firstrow...
Arsenal won 7-0 against the Indonesian Dream Team.
Goals from Walcott, Akpom, Giroud with a brace, Podolski, Olsson and Eisfeld
OX start centrally. He had his moments. Ramsey was looking bright. Zelalem had some exceptional passes
I'll try and post highlights later
Edit: Find them

The new kits are so :pimp:

Just got finished watching the full match. The Indonesian dream team were pretty poor throughout, but still good performance from Arsenal. Ramsey was very good, looks like he's carrying that level of confidence he had at the end of last season into the upcoming one. Gnabry was ok, he has some wild shots when he got in good positions but I cant fault him for having a go + we know he can put those away. Eisfield continues to impress me....havent witnessed a disappointing game from him yet. Giroud was clinical in from of goal :wow: and Sagna balls into the box were good :wow: long may these continue! Finally this was my first time seeing Zelalem play...the kid is 16!? Great vision for such a youngster, I now know see why people have compared him to a young Cesc. I look forward to seeing more of him this preseason.

Oh and agreed the new kits are too nice. Will be purchasing soon....sucks it will be the last Nike x Arsenal release though. :frown:

Ribery
Martinez
Robben
Shaqiri
Gotze
Weiser
Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Can
Kroos
Thiago

You should be scared.
back to back UCL champions

Yeah, the away kit reminds me of the Invincibles era away kit.

So Ibra the Destroyer wants out of PSG if Cavani comes huh? Seems like it's falling apart for PSG...
you already know Ibra has a huge ego. Adding Cavani doesn't make sense tho. They are both very similar players.

Where the hell are you guys watching preseason games?

I use firstrow...
Arsenal won 7-0 against the Indonesian Dream Team.
Goals from Walcott, Akpom, Giroud with a brace, Podolski, Olsson and Eisfeld
OX start centrally. He had his moments. Ramsey was looking bright. Zelalem had some exceptional passes
I'll try and post highlights later
Edit: Find them

The new kits are so :pimp:

Just got finished watching the full match. The Indonesian dream team were pretty poor throughout, but still good performance from Arsenal. Ramsey was very good, looks like he's carrying that level of confidence he had at the end of last season into the upcoming one. Gnabry was ok, he has some wild shots when he got in good positions but I cant fault him for having a go + we know he can put those away. Eisfield continues to impress me....havent witnessed a disappointing game from him yet. Giroud was clinical in from of goal :wow: and Sagna balls into the box were good :wow: long may these continue! Finally this was my first time seeing Zelalem play...the kid is 16!? Great vision for such a youngster, I now know see why people have compared him to a young Cesc. I look forward to seeing more of him this preseason.

Oh and agreed the new kits are too nice. Will be purchasing soon....sucks it will be the last Nike x Arsenal release though. :frown:

We weren't really tested, it's not as telling as we would like it to be but we certainly played well. And I'm just glad to see the club play again. Ramsey was on point today. I hope he can keep it up, I really do.
ramseygif.gif
More of this please :lol:
It was Gnabry's 18th birthday, he was itching for a birthday goal but I guess getting an assist isn't too bad either :lol: he certainly did get into good positions. I'm a big fan of Eisfeld, always looks calm and composed. I'm hoping he has a good loan this season. Those goals from Giroud were :pimp: especially the second one. Zelalem is something special. He had this one pass that just had me like :wow: :x :pimp: Olsson had some nice passes too, good technique. I didn't know he was 19, I thought he was 17. But the announcer pretty much said he looks like a 14yo :lol: dude has to gain some muscle
Some more highlights: first one is of Zelalem and the second one is of Olsson

Last edited:

Mikel - So overrated, Very average
De Bruyne - Unproven in the EPL
Moses - On the Transfer block as far as im aware
Hazard - Class but very inconsistent
Essien - Not a patch on what he was 4 years ago
Lampard - Similar to the above, Still quality but does not have the legs
Mata - Quality player, Very Underrated
Oscar - Inconsistent, Very Talented though
Van Ginkel and Schurrle I have only watched a handful of times admittedly

Bayern have got to be the favorites for everything next season, They are stacked :smh:

Mikel - So overrated, Very average
De Bruyne - Unproven in the EPL
Moses - On the Transfer block as far as im aware
Hazard - Class but very inconsistent
Essien - Not a patch on what he was 4 years ago
Lampard - Similar to the above, Still quality but does not have the legs
Mata - Quality player, Very Underrated
Oscar - Inconsistent, Very Talented though
Van Ginkel and Schurrle I have only watched a handful of times admittedly

Bayern have got to be the favorites for everything next season, They are stacked
mean.gif
Mata = class personified. Easily Chelsea's best player and one of the top three midfielders in the EPL

Hazard/Oscar = if they find consistency can be monsters. Hazard's upside is huge but he has to fulfill it

Ramires = the new Essien. Him and Luiz would make a sick tandem 

Moses = reminds me a lot of Malouda. I still think he needs more playing time

Mikel = has improved a lot over the Cup of Nations and Confed Cup. hopefully he can do the same for Chelsea

Interesting to see whats going on with Utd. They dont seem to be linked with the world's best players anymore. I know they won the PL, but can they sustain that while the top players are going to PSG, Madrid and Barca? As much as I hate them, the game is better when Man Utd are beasting it. 

cannot believe this is even a conversation.. chelsea on paper have best MF in EPL. Bayern have best MF in the world and this was before adding mario and thiago. They also added arguably the best manager of MF players.. They have to deff be the favorites to win the CL

Back
Top Bottom