The Walking Dead - Official Thread

And her going to a police academy and continuing to shoot them in the body, instead of shooting them in the head.
Academy teaches recruits to aim for the mass body mass dead center chest not the head

But yea the show is getting bored Im about done with the show

Seems like the sisters had very little experience in trying to kill walkers. They must've never watched any zombie movies. When in doubt decapitate them or crush their brain.

The Governor was never just some one dimensional evil guy. He was doing what he thought best for the people of Woodbury. Yall wanting these comic book chars to be exactly like the tv, you're aren't going to get that...stop watching
That's very debatable.

Aight, I'll stop watching though since I'm disappointed in the flimsy writing of the governor. Thnx.

The Governor was never just some one dimensional evil guy. He was doing what he thought best for the people of Woodbury. Yall wanting these comic book chars to be exactly like the tv, you're aren't going to get that...stop watching

Agreed. I love the comics, but the show clearly isn't the comics and it hasn't been for a minute now.

They initially approached the Governor from a much different perspective from the comic, so I can't see why they'd switch things up now.

Honestly, I don't think the show would've lasted this long if they followed the comics exactly. A lot of the comic is them just chilling and having dialogue...it isn't always action, action, action. Big event happens followed by them regrouping and a lot of down time. Sounds a little bit like the show to me. :lol:

Academy teaches recruits to aim for the mass body mass dead center chest not the head

But at one point do you see it's not working and stop wasting bullets and try to kill them another way?

It seems she would have shot one in the head by accident and realized it.

Agreed. I love the comics, but the show clearly isn't the comics and it hasn't been for a minute now.

They initially approached the Governor from a much different perspective from the comic, so I can't see why they'd switch things up now.

Honestly, I don't think the show would've lasted this long if they followed the comics exactly. A lot of the comic is them just chilling and having dialogue...it isn't always action, action, action. Big event happens followed by them regrouping and a lot of down time. Sounds a little bit like the show to me. :lol:
I agree with them having to change some things for the show to work. I don't want the show to be exactly like the comic, but I just feel like their approach right now isn't doing justice to the governor arc. They just continue to soften and humanized him, which is all going to come off to me as confusing if/when he decides to go full on psycho on the prison (similar to him gunning down his own people).

It just feels like some thing's missing when he goes from good guy governor doing what is right for everyone to a psychopath who is gunning down people for no real reason.

I honestly think I'd feel this way whether I read the comics or not. The fact that I have the comic governor in mind, who was probably my favorite character and storyline of the whole series just adds to that.

I still have faith that they can get back to form. Season 1 was amazing, and there have been pockets here and there of wonderful storytelling. The episode before yesterday's was great. I'm holding out hope that when the **** hits the fan things pick back up. Right now it just feels like we're treading water.

What happen when the GOV woke up in the yellow tent alone in the field in the morning ? Did his crew leave him overnight or something??

You guys need to watch American Horror Story Coven, they only had 2 episodes with zombies.  And already those 2 episodes > TWD series.

Seems like the sisters had very little experience in trying to kill walkers. They must've never watched any zombie movies. When in doubt decapitate them or crush their brain.

No one has. Zombie Lore (movies, tv, books, etc) don't exist in The Walking Dead universe (TV show and comic). Its why they never call them zombies.

The Episode was perfect, and I love the direction they are going with the Govenor.

In my opinion it showed how the world has completly changed not only the people but the principals that come with civilization. You have a family who was isolated from the outside world who have held onto that bond, that sort of innocence. Then you have the Govenor who has been out in the world and has really expeirenced this pandemic. You can not only see the differences physically but also in some of the values or expections both the family and the govenor have. The chick who said she was a cop apoligised because she felt guilty for lying to a man who is saving them. While the govenor could have cared less for an apology or an explanation.

The Govenor changed his name because names no longer matter, what kind of legacy will be left where a name would be relivant??? An important scene was when he folded the picture, it showed how he remembers his family and what he had cared for. Him folding it over was like him looking at the old him and saying im not this person anymore. Hes become so much more than that lame push over in the photo. He legit bossed up to the point where nothing bothers him. Later on when he burns the pic its releasing everything from the past, hes acccepted the new world and what that means.

The familiy in my opinion left with him because its like a God complex. He basically came in taught them to kill walkers, saved a life and brought back an oxygen tank. He seems like he knows what hes doing and they would have been stupid to not go with him.

You guys need to watch American Horror Story Coven, they only had 2 episodes with zombies.  And already those 2 episodes > TWD series.

This dude knows. Maybe I'm just more into the comic-book type of production but man TWD has just been awful. I'll reiterate what I said in the American Horror Story thread:

"I seriously enjoy this show way more than The Walking Dead. Every episode the plot is getting moved forward, I'm getting significant character development and general cool **** is happening."

I remember when dudes in here were getting salty about people even talking about how things were in the comic book now it doesn't even matter because we're so off the rails. The whole bit where the Governor used the name Brian disgusted me. If you're not going to use the awesome back-story behind it then why throw that in there? Seemed like a big **** you to the core fanbase. The show has just lost me, I have no investment in any of the main characters except Darrel and you're not going to make me feel any sense of remorse or sympathy for the Governor.

And to whoever said "This show is BASED on the comic" etc. etc. (like it's some kind of excuse for poor scenario writing outside of the source material) Game of Thrones is BASED on ASOIAF and they treat the source material with respect and don't **** all over the original fan base habitually like TWD.

Last edited:
"I seriously enjoy this show way more than The Walking Dead. Every episode the plot is getting moved forward, I'm getting significant character development and general cool **** is happening."

Yeah, i've been avoiding that thread until i caught up, but co-sign with the character development.  Show is cool, haven't watched any of the previous seasons and netflix only has the first season.  Bout to hop on that over the winter.

edit: still can't believe this show gets more average viewers weekly than Breaking Bad did on the finale

Last edited:

Yea this guy is thinking military special ops. Mozambique. Double tap to the chest, 1 to the dome.

I'm actually enjoying this season more than the last 2 seasons. Definitely not better than the game but at least enjoyable. Couldn't be worse than last season but that's me.

Last edited:

No one has. Zombie Lore (movies, tv, books, etc) don't exist in The Walking Dead universe (TV show and comic). Its why they never call them zombies.

Really? That's weird. So he wanted to make the world clueless and naive about the living dead?

Need to grab a copy of the twd game. The show would benefit from those writers or even the people who made The Last of Us.

Like I said before the season started, seems like we always get hyped with exciting episodes the first few weeks. Once we get towards the middle we start questioning why we watch this show again then they pack as much action as they can in the last few eps.

guess i'm the only one that felt ok with this episode. I really didn't like the previous episode ( there was a lot of action but nothing really happened in terms of moving the story forward)
This episode could of at least been cut down in half. i read the comics a while back and i don't remember this part of the governor's story so i'm curious to see what they do with it.

This was my favorite episode this season. They ripped out the pages in the governor novel and put it in screen. It was exactly like the book

as soon as i saw ol' grandpa inhaling through those tubes, i immediately knew the governor has stumbled into a yamb goldmine

Back
Top Bottom