The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Are we ever going to find out the story behind the black helicopters?

Or nah? Plot hole forever....
They brought it back in the Season 2 finale to show how that huge herd of walkers that overran the farm formed, but I doubt that was planned from the first episode of the show.  

I really don't think it was meant to be part of a bigger plot or a story.  At the time he saw it in downtown Atlanta, he had been solo for a minute and hadn't come across any human life since he left Morgan and his kid.  To me, it was there to show him that there was life and hope out there.  Nothing more, nothing less.

What about the helicopter in the first episode of this season? I thought that was maybe the helicopter we first saw.

Last edited:
Liked the episode a lot. They are out of the prison and it feels so damb good to see a change of scenery. I thought Michones dream was gonna be a full on flash-back. I've been saying they need flashbacks since day 1 for this show to keep my interest. Can't wait for the season to progress.

They brought it back in the Season 2 finale to show how that huge herd of walkers that overran the farm formed, but I doubt that was planned from the first episode of the show.  

I really don't think it was meant to be part of a bigger plot or a story.  At the time he saw it in downtown Atlanta, he had been solo for a minute and hadn't come across any human life since he left Morgan and his kid.  To me, it was there to show him that there was life and hope out there.  Nothing more, nothing less.

What about the helicopter in the first episode of this season? I thought that was maybe the helicopter we first saw.

talking about the black helicopters bombing Atlanta.

Not the helicopter Rick saw when he first got into downtown.

That DEF screams bigger story. And government involvment.

Last edited:
^^ I mean, yeah it could've been.  But it was crashed on a roof so I don't think it had a ton of significance other than making people wonder if all the helicopters are connected somehow.  That said, I don't think they're going to connect the dots with the helicopters.  They're just part of the backdrop, IMO.  

talking about the black helicopters bombing Atlanta.

Not the helicopter Rick saw when he first got into downtown.

That DEF screams bigger story. And government involvment.
Ahh, I forgot about that scene.  Good call.  

My guess is that we'll never know.  I'd say that Atlanta was overrun with walkers due to being a big city and in part because everyone was flocking there b/c of the CDC rumors.  So the military was doing their best to contain them?  Doesn't necessarily mean there were evil intentions (or more to the story) behind the bombings though.  

My theory:

The government created the virus. Notice how everyone has it, everyone. Bitten or not.

Chemical weapons have tested on the American population before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethi...s.2C_disease.2C_and_biological_warfare_agents

The initial helicopter Rick saw seemed to be on a scouting mission, the other helicopters? Well that's napalm they're dropping....Not even an attempt at survivor rescue.

I know the writers themselves have said their intent is to showcase survival on a day to day basis, and not really answer any "how" or "why" questions. No real endgame.....but I don't buy that.

The CDC scene, the black helicopters, everyone being infected, there's more to this show than just daily survival. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
If ya hate Cuwerl so much, how do ya actually like?...because like I said earlier besides Michonne or Darryl who else is there that's actually likeable?....everyone else seems so dispensable.

If ya hate Cuwerl so much, how do ya actually like?...because like I said earlier besides Michonne or Darryl who else is there that's actually likeable?....everyone else seems so dispensable.

Daryl and Michonne.

That's it.

I mean do you actually like Carl? Rly? Srsly? Just as bad as his mom.

Honestly a whole new cast would be nice with the exception of Rick and even Carl, Daryl and Michonne. Either that or they need to add another villain which I am sure they will eventually.

Carl and the actor who plays him is terrible.

"Hey ***hole! Hey ***face!" :lol: :rofl:

"Clove hitch. Shane taught me. Remember him?" So belligerent. :smh: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

It was cringe worthy when he was yelling at passed out Rick with his voice cracking. Didn't even sound like anger. It sounded like a temper tantrum. :lol:

And to further my tinfoil theory....

The helicopters were black, not military helicopters.

Black helicopters, have historically been connected to secret government agencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_helicopter

Sure, on first look doesn't look like anything nefarious is up with those helicopters. But if you really think about how black helicopters have been involved in real world government cover ups, it tells me there is something bigger at play. And the government is at the root of it all.

Honestly a whole new cast would be nice with the exception of Rick and even Carl, Daryl and Michonne. Either that or they need to add another villain which I am sure they will eventually.

I was thinking the same,

hell, even a world without Rick can exist.

This is one of the rare shows that a transition to one main to another main can happen if the writers are smooth about it.

They'd have to introduce said new protagonist and slowly build him up while simultaneously setting up events that'll lead to Rick's demise.

Not saying that they SHOULD do that, but again this is one of the rare shows where it'd be doable.

Also the introduction of more specialized skill-set characters would be dope (like Daryl and Michonne). At this point if you've survived this long you're either part of an effective group or you as an individual possess a skill-set that allows you to thrive in this world.

**** it, cast Chuck Norris, you know his *** is chillin' in all this mayhem. These frail *** zombies ain't ******' with Chuck.

Last edited:
Nah. I think Rick stays alive as long as the show keeps going.
I wonder gow many seasons will we get? 7? 10? 15? 20?
Show can keep going as long as it has decent ratings

Chuck Norris in a zombie flick. That would be my ****. :pimp: :pimp:

:lol: it'd make sense. I mean seriously the dude shadow boxed with the God (RIP Bruce Lee) in his prime.

I mean people like him aren't going down because of no damn zombie apocalypse.

Steven Seagal somewhere chillin' too.

Random celeb cameos would be :lol:. It's Atlanta so you know Gucci Mane in zone 6 chillin'. He got way too many guns to just go out like that.

There is no way this show will get to the caliber of the Simpsons. I can see it getting close to 10 season at most. The hype train is still there with this show but it can go down hill out of no where. I loved 24 and thought it could last forever and they did 8 seasons. NipTuck was another great show I watched and that did only 6 as well as Breaking Bad.

There is no way this show will get to the caliber of the Simpsons. I can see it getting close to 10 season at most. The hype train is still there with this show but it can go down hill out of no where. I loved 24 and thought it could last forever and they did 8 seasons. NipTuck was another great show I watched and that did only 6 as well as Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad could have gone on forever. Wasn't a single bad episode in the damn show.

Breaking Bad could have gone on forever. Wasn't a single bad episode in the damn show.

ughhh the episodes that revolved around Skyler were like nails on a chalkboard.

much like the episodes that revolved around the Rick, Lori and Shane's love triangle were garbage to me as well. I wanted both these ******* dead.

those episodes were terrible I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I thought the episode was really good. I'm also glad there was a focus on Carl and Michonne in this episode. Carl's acting is mediocre, but he gets the job done. The dream Michonne had was good. Seems like her storyline is similar to the one-shot issue that released in Playboy. Glad they kept it that way.

It was sad to see Herschel though. 

Question, did they ever address who was feeding the zombies rats?

Back
Top Bottom