The Walking Dead - Official Thread

That ending was some ole ********! Straight cop out.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan did a fantastic job given the few minutes we saw him this season. Reminded me of his role as the Comedian in Watchmen, only more sinister.

I don't read the comics but anybody thinking it was Abraham? When he said "taking it like a champ" maybe it was a subtle clue it is someone with some strength. I think Eugene, Glenn, or any of the women would've been done with the first hit. Either him or Darryl but I lean more toward Abraham.

"Taking it like a champ" is actually a direct line from the comic.

This is lousy, manipulative storytelling, a cliffhanger that robs a powerful moment (because good or bad, watching Negan beat someone we kind of like to death would’ve been powerful) of its effect for the mercenary purpose of dragging this nonsense out just a little bit further. When you’re telling a story, you want your audience to keep watching, so sometimes you use tricks to keep them watching, but the promise between you and your viewers is that those tricks will never get in the way of the story itself.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/walking-dead-season-finale-swings-misses-234745

My guess is that whoever caught the fade, via POV shot, was whoever they kept showing inside the box with the same POV shot. So Glenn, Daryl, Michonne or Rosita. Doubt they beat a woman like that, but if they did, it would probably be Michonne, since Rosita wouldn't have much of a emotional impact compared to everyone else in that box. And I still stand by the fact that they built up too much tension between Daryl and Dwight for Daryl to just be killed off by Negan this way. Gotta resolve that. So that leaves Glenn. 

I feel Negan is pretty reasonable given the context. He killed 1 of Rick's men for losing 30+ of his own men.

Last edited:
That ending was some ole ********! Straight cop out.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan did a fantastic job given the few minutes we saw him this season. Reminded me of his role as the Comedian in Watchmen, only more sinister.
I don't read the comics but anybody thinking it was Abraham? When he said "taking it like a champ" maybe it was a subtle clue it is someone with some strength. I think Eugene, Glenn, or any of the women would've been done with the first hit. Either him or Darryl but I lean more toward Abraham.
In the comics he said that line as he was beating Glenn to death...

My guess is that whoever caught the fade, via POV shot, was whoever they kept showing inside the box with the same POV shot. So Glenn, Daryl, Michonne or Rosita. Doubt they beat a woman like that, but if they did, it would probably be Michonne, since Rosita wouldn't have much of a emotional impact compared to everyone else in that box. And I still stand by the fact that they built up too much tension between Daryl and Dwight for Daryl to just be killed off by Negan this way. Gotta resolve that. So that leaves Glenn. 

The POV from the truck looked like Daryl cause he was shot and is losing blood and woozy. Daryl messed up by not killing Dwight thats the ending to that. I think its Daryl.

I think they are going true to the book on this one....the clues are there.

The POV from the truck looked like Daryl cause he was shot and is losing blood and woozy. Daryl messed up by not killing Dwight thats the ending to that. I think its Daryl.
Also Rosita messed up for stopping Daryl from killing Dwight

I have no doubt that it's Glenn. They're gonna stay true to the source material with this one.

Just sucks they didn't complete the scene in one sitting. It's been said a million times, but the emotional impact is now gone. They had a chance to bring forth a legit all-time great, memorable, emotional, jaw dropping moment in TV history and they completely botched it.

I knew it was coming but I'm still heated. :lol:

My only question is where was Dr. Dre?  Why wasn't he brought along for additional muscle and he wasn't even shown in Alexandria at all?

Wow that was dragging. By adding the extra 30 i was hoping for an episode comparable to the midseason premiere. What we got was :smh: of course in true TWD fashion the final 10 minutes were the best part and they still screwed it up. Really, dragging out a death just nulled and voided that scene's emotional impact. Now when it's revealed in the fall it's going to be just whatever.

When those dudes showed up on morgan/caroll (this subplot is bunz) i seriously thought it was captain america :lol:

Who was that dude that the saviors had who got strung up?

Last edited:
My only question is where was Dr. Dre?  Why wasn't he brought along for additional muscle and he wasn't even shown in Alexandria at all?

Him and Tara went on a run if I'm not mistaken. Tara still doesn't know that her bae Denise caught an arrow to the eye.

I hope TWD producers and writers are catching the full feelings of the fans for that ending. But of course, they're probably jerking each other off over how "daring" and "intense" their ending was, instead of realizing the overuse of this cliffhanger **** is driving the emotional impact into the ground, as if Lucille herself was bludgeoning the viewer's ability to care to death. There's absolutely no way the S7 premier will be able to capture the impact of the scene as well as it could have been captured in just 5 seconds at the end of S6. **** this show.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/walking-dead-season-finale-swings-misses-234745[/URL]"]

This is lousy, manipulative storytelling, a cliffhanger that robs a powerful moment (because good or bad, watching Negan beat someone we kind of like to death would’ve been powerful) of its effect for the mercenary purpose of dragging this nonsense out just a little bit further. When you’re telling a story, you want your audience to keep watching, so sometimes you use tricks to keep them watching, but the promise between you and your viewers is that those tricks will never get in the way of the story itself.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/walking-dead-season-finale-swings-misses-234745

[/quote]
QFT

Boggles my mind they didn't learn anything from the backlash of Glenn's fake death :smh:

Last edited:
I'm done with this trash and it's terrible writing espisode was boring and dragged out for no reason same with the episode before

Back
Top Bottom