The Walking Dead - Official Thread

I feel like that's the only way anyone could have any empathy with his character. Flashback episodes are generally good, even if it only gives context to what has happened post apocalypse.

But is empathy for Negan a good thing? I think they have a chance to really make Negan the ultimate test for Rick and Co, and make him the evil they've never seen. Having a backstory can dilute the evil we see. They wasted a month with the Governor and his stupid ******* backstory, and watered down his character even more. Negan imo should be evil incarnate with no rhyme or reason to why he is the way he is.

i don't need nor want a flashback episode. I like him as is, like in Jaws...

Just let him rip through the boat, I don't need to know what his parents are like. LOL

Negan is the best character on TWD imo, hands down. I hope he's here to stay for a long time 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
But is empathy for Negan a good thing? I think they have a chance to really make Negan the ultimate test for Rick and Co, and make him the evil they've never seen. Having a backstory can dilute the evil we see. They wasted a month with the Governor and his stupid ******* backstory, and watered down his character even more. Negan imo should be evil incarnate with no rhyme or reason to why he is the way he is.

Well, depending on if they go the route of comics...

Empathy is going to have to happen

A backstory doesn't necessarily have to paint him in a positive light, I wouldn't worry about that at all. We'll see how Negan got control of all these people, it's a 16 episode season it won't ALL be about Rick and co.

Well, depending on if they go the route of comics...

Empathy is going to have to happen
I haven't read that far (doesn't spoil anything, I've been keeping tabs). I just don't want to see the writers try to make him relatable or just a misguided dad a la Governor. I doubt they would, but I'm perfectly happy with the guy being a smart psychopath.

A backstory would be great for viewers. Just like how his charisma made you like him but hate that he smashed Glenn's head in, got your emotions all confused. That makes for great tv

I just don't want them to "Maleficent" Negan.

I don't want to see a softer side, I just want to see the origin of his gang.

Understatement. Plus dude is the perfect psychopath. Been a fan since his intro :lol:

I been telling y'all Negan is a funtioning psychopath.

You can tell son is diabolical/ crazy and on his P's and Q's at the same time. He's already top 5 dead or alive and that's only off 1 LP [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
I been telling y'all Negan is a funtioning psychopath.

You can tell son is diabolical/ crazy and on his P's and Q's at the same time. He's already top 5 dead or alive and that's only off 1 LP [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]
I don't see how negan's a psychopath, if we look at it from an apocolyptic world perspective.

Rick's out here asking other groups 21 questions, which has gotten info leaked to other groups TWICE. Prison and the wolfs.

Negan's out here making groups work for him. 

Rick's trying to survive, while Negan's expanding his burger shop.

EnchantedGiftedGrebe-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Negan seems like a great strategist. All his other flaws aside. Rick is just as savage as Negan but his Morgan conscious keeps him in check.

Back
Top Bottom