THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

no longer checking out this thread til end of season. Even with spoiler tags ppl still ruining it

no longer checking out this thread til end of season. Even with spoiler tags ppl still ruining it

Originally Posted by MrONegative

On that spoiler...

I'm pretty sure everyone, regardless of whether you read the comic or not heard about this change from the comic to the show.

What's disappointing is that, after so long, we forgot about it and saw it as a sincere departure from the comic. And more than that as a reaction to what characters were and weren't working on the show. Hearing that now both gives us a really tight timeframe and breaks a lot of the surprise, since we've lowkey been lulled into thinking they were putting it off, and because they were slowly building the tension up.

...So much for the will they/won't they that coulda happened.
ohwell.gif

Honestly whether or not you've read the comic that spoiler makes the most sense.

Spoiler [+]
The Shane/Rick relationship has reached the point of no return, one of them has to go. They've been building to this conclusion since season 1.  Ever since Rick came out of the hospital and took the role of group leader from Shane.  Shane's resentment of Rick was alluded to in season 1 when Dale caught Shane pointing his gun at him. Season 2 has shown how the disconnect between the two characters has intensified which will ultimately result in Shane's death.

On that spoiler...

I'm pretty sure everyone, regardless of whether you read the comic or not heard about this change from the comic to the show.

What's disappointing is that, after so long, we forgot about it and saw it as a sincere departure from the comic. And more than that as a reaction to what characters were and weren't working on the show. Hearing that now both gives us a really tight timeframe and breaks a lot of the surprise, since we've lowkey been lulled into thinking they were putting it off, and because they were slowly building the tension up.

ohwell.gif

Honestly whether or not you've read the comic that spoiler makes the most sense.

Spoiler [+]
The Shane/Rick relationship has reached the point of no return, one of them has to go. They've been building to this conclusion since season 1.  Ever since Rick came out of the hospital and took the role of group leader from Shane.  Shane's resentment of Rick was alluded to in season 1 when Dale caught Shane pointing his gun at him. Season 2 has shown how the disconnect between the two characters has intensified which will ultimately result in Shane's death.

Spoiler [+]
Yeah I figured they'd add in the twins later on but if they don't show that Carl has to do something equally messed up to show his progression as a child growing up in to a man in this zombie world.

I just hope fans don't react to Shane dying the same way Jimmy died in Boardwalk Empire. I mean early on before ppl started really complaining about spoilers it was pretty much spoiled that Shane died early on and did not make it to the farm and after he didn't die I guess ppl started to assume he was here to stay which I never thought but then again I didn't care much for his character and felt they were just keeping him around to have some sort of a antagonist until they started including the real messed up ppl like the Governor and cannibals, etc.

Spoiler [+]
Yeah I figured they'd add in the twins later on but if they don't show that Carl has to do something equally messed up to show his progression as a child growing up in to a man in this zombie world.

I just hope fans don't react to Shane dying the same way Jimmy died in Boardwalk Empire. I mean early on before ppl started really complaining about spoilers it was pretty much spoiled that Shane died early on and did not make it to the farm and after he didn't die I guess ppl started to assume he was here to stay which I never thought but then again I didn't care much for his character and felt they were just keeping him around to have some sort of a antagonist until they started including the real messed up ppl like the Governor and cannibals, etc.

Originally Posted by Noskey

What if we already know what happens in the comics thanks to this thread? Does it still matter?

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Hey where has the black dude been these past few episodes?

These two posts made me laugh
laugh.gif

Spoilers galore in here.  I've read the comics but still, the misuse of spoilers is hilarious.  Why don't people just put their entire posts in spoilers then go "This is a reply to:"

instead of "man i knew it had to do with that thing we all knew happened in the book but hasnt happened yet".  considering all the spoilers early on even people who have no knowledge of the comics know what you were alluding to.

And in regards to "the black guy" T-Dawg is worthless
laugh.gif
  Cats out there fighting for their lives against zombie hordes, and my man nearly gets offed by a rusty car door.

Originally Posted by Noskey

What if we already know what happens in the comics thanks to this thread? Does it still matter?

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Hey where has the black dude been these past few episodes?

These two posts made me laugh
laugh.gif

Spoilers galore in here.  I've read the comics but still, the misuse of spoilers is hilarious.  Why don't people just put their entire posts in spoilers then go "This is a reply to:"

instead of "man i knew it had to do with that thing we all knew happened in the book but hasnt happened yet".  considering all the spoilers early on even people who have no knowledge of the comics know what you were alluding to.

And in regards to "the black guy" T-Dawg is worthless
laugh.gif
  Cats out there fighting for their lives against zombie hordes, and my man nearly gets offed by a rusty car door.

i didnt read any of the spoilers but i read the comics and u guys are making it so obvious. 
eyes.gif

i didnt read any of the spoilers but i read the comics and u guys are making it so obvious. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

On that spoiler...

ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]

It does make perfect sense and it is the right decision, but going from...wasn't this supposed to happen early season 1 to it might happen eventually...

Spoiler [+]
Shane is the most successful character on the show right now. No other character has driven the story, hit their marks and had lasting intended effects on the audience like Shane on this show. It wasn't impossible or even improbable that Shane and Rick would have a war and Shane would go off on his own or with Andrea. If they're gonna kill him, it's the right decision to do it soon...no The Killing
nerd.gif
... but there's just something about knowing for a fact. It's not as bad as when someone posted zombie Sophia or half-face Gus, but it's a little disappointing.

Originally Posted by toine2983

On that spoiler...

ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]

It does make perfect sense and it is the right decision, but going from...wasn't this supposed to happen early season 1 to it might happen eventually...

Spoiler [+]
Shane is the most successful character on the show right now. No other character has driven the story, hit their marks and had lasting intended effects on the audience like Shane on this show. It wasn't impossible or even improbable that Shane and Rick would have a war and Shane would go off on his own or with Andrea. If they're gonna kill him, it's the right decision to do it soon...no The Killing
nerd.gif
... but there's just something about knowing for a fact. It's not as bad as when someone posted zombie Sophia or half-face Gus, but it's a little disappointing.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Spoiler [+]

I shouldn't of clicked on this spoiler
30t6p3b.gif
haven't caught up on Boardwalk Empire

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Spoiler [+]

I shouldn't of clicked on this spoiler
30t6p3b.gif
haven't caught up on Boardwalk Empire

So many "Spoiler [+]"s in here, I feel I should just avoid the thread entirely. 
ohwell.gif

Too dangerous!

So many "Spoiler [+]"s in here, I feel I should just avoid the thread entirely. 
ohwell.gif

Too dangerous!

Can't wait for tonight should be a good episode. And
laugh.gif
at this damn spoiler convo going on. So tempted to click...must leave thread.

Back
Top Bottom