THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

I loved season 1 but season 2 is disappointing and even if you didn't read about it, you can almost tell that they changed the writer and cut the budget. The storyline is more about two people (Rick and Shane) as opposed to developing the whole cast. Zombies look cheaper and the environment is to constant. I'm hoping it picks up because the show is great and has potential. Maybe next season will be mite like season one.

And I think I'm gonna cave and just but the comics. Unless someone knows where these can be seen for free
nerd.gif

I loved season 1 but season 2 is disappointing and even if you didn't read about it, you can almost tell that they changed the writer and cut the budget. The storyline is more about two people (Rick and Shane) as opposed to developing the whole cast. Zombies look cheaper and the environment is to constant. I'm hoping it picks up because the show is great and has potential. Maybe next season will be mite like season one.

And I think I'm gonna cave and just but the comics. Unless someone knows where these can be seen for free
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by RKO2004

You guys gotta realize the series will have more longevity if they keep a slow story building pace. Its not a 145 minute movie.

It makes the big moments bigger if slowly build to them.

Um...they tried that. And it made the show irrelevant. Because they proved that either their actors aren't good enough or they can't write for them, when they made the audience hate or become disinterested in the majority of the cast.

Breaking Bad takes it slowly to make the big moments bigger.

The Walking Dead conserves budget until the last 5 minutes of an episode, the last episode before/first episode after a break or when it's ready kill one of the characters it made a lot of people despise.

Maybe AMC will start to put more money in it.They have a gold mine with TWD.I think these next two episodes will really get things going.

You guys gotta realize the series will have more longevity if they keep a slow story building pace. Its not a 145 minute movie.

Um...they tried that. And it made the show irrelevant. Because they proved that either their actors aren't good enough or they can't write for them, when they made the audience hate or become disinterested in the majority of the cast.

The Walking Dead conserves budget until the last 5 minutes of an episode, the last episode before/first episode after a break or when it's ready kill one of the characters it made a lot of people despise.

Maybe AMC will start to put more money in it.They have a gold mine with TWD.I think these next two episodes will really get things going.

Well, AMC needs to deliver because there are only two episodes left. 
HBO will not pick this show up because AMC already approved for a third season and it's pretty much guaranteed a fourth season will be picked up pretty soon as well. AMC is making money through the ratings this show produces, no way they plan on breaking this up.

Well, AMC needs to deliver because there are only two episodes left. 
HBO will not pick this show up because AMC already approved for a third season and it's pretty much guaranteed a fourth season will be picked up pretty soon as well. AMC is making money through the ratings this show produces, no way they plan on breaking this up.

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Originally Posted by jasroberts21

Mad Men> BB > TWD

this show has gone down the ****ter this season

Mad Men cannot be better than BB and TWD if NIKETALK does not have a 100+ page thread about it. Wait do we have a Mad Men thread ?
No show is greater than breaking bad..

Mad Men> BB > TWD

Mad Men cannot be better than BB and TWD if NIKETALK does not have a 100+ page thread about it. Wait do we have a Mad Men thread ?

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Mad Men> BB > TWD

Many people on this board will say The Wire  (I haven't watched it yet). I enjoy Dexter more than I enjoy Breaking Bad, but I would say Breaking Bad is a better show. I really enjoy Mad Men but can't comment because i'm not done with season 4. However, I don't see how Mad Men appeals to a younger audience. I think you need to be at least 25+ to really appreciate that show.

Mad Men> BB > TWD

Many people on this board will say The Wire  (I haven't watched it yet). I enjoy Dexter more than I enjoy Breaking Bad, but I would say Breaking Bad is a better show. I really enjoy Mad Men but can't comment because i'm not done with season 4. However, I don't see how Mad Men appeals to a younger audience. I think you need to be at least 25+ to really appreciate that show.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I love Dexter, but it doesn't hold a candle to Breaking Bad IMO. Watch The Wire....you won't regret it. Still haven't gotten into Mad Men, but it is on my to watch list for sure

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I love Dexter, but it doesn't hold a candle to Breaking Bad IMO. Watch The Wire....you won't regret it. Still haven't gotten into Mad Men, but it is on my to watch list for sure

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Lauren "Maggie" Cohen will be on The Talking Dead next week...
Nice. Now I can also fap to her voice

This episode sucked I was hoping we'd see...

Spoiler [+]
Glenn gutting Maggie out every single moment they had together like in the comics, or at least leaving the farm

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Lauren "Maggie" Cohen will be on The Talking Dead next week...
Nice. Now I can also fap to her voice

This episode sucked I was hoping we'd see...

Spoiler [+]
Glenn gutting Maggie out every single moment they had together like in the comics, or at least leaving the farm

Mad Men> BB > TWD

We did for last season. Mad Men has been on a very long break it seems.

Story wise, BB is still the best show AMC has though.

I have no problem with that really it's just that it's failed in doing that because the writing for characters has been so piss poor. Even if they're only focusing on Rick, Shane, Lori, Hershel and then by extension Dale, Maggie, Glen, Andrea there should be better character development and better character interaction.

They just plain started off horribly by having Sophia missing for so long and  then all the lil dramas to take up eps were not cutting it; Hershel wanting them to go, Lori's pregnancy, etc.
Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Any way HBO could pick up this show and give it the budget it needs to make it epic?
Highly unlikely unless they make a surprise move and cancel the show. It would definitely be picked up by Showtime or HBO then. No way AMC cancels though.

Mad Men> BB > TWD

We did for last season. Mad Men has been on a very long break it seems.

Story wise, BB is still the best show AMC has though.

I have no problem with that really it's just that it's failed in doing that because the writing for characters has been so piss poor. Even if they're only focusing on Rick, Shane, Lori, Hershel and then by extension Dale, Maggie, Glen, Andrea there should be better character development and better character interaction.

They just plain started off horribly by having Sophia missing for so long and  then all the lil dramas to take up eps were not cutting it; Hershel wanting them to go, Lori's pregnancy, etc.
Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Any way HBO could pick up this show and give it the budget it needs to make it epic?
Highly unlikely unless they make a surprise move and cancel the show. It would definitely be picked up by Showtime or HBO then. No way AMC cancels though.

didn't see this posted on previous pages

On January 14, 2012, AMC announced that the third season will contain an extended episode order of 16 episodes. On February 24, 2012, it was announced that David Morrissey had been cast as The Governor, a major antagonist in the comic series. Morrissey will be a main cast member in the third season, which begins production in the first quarter of 2012.

didn't see this posted on previous pages

On January 14, 2012, AMC announced that the third season will contain an extended episode order of 16 episodes. On February 24, 2012, it was announced that David Morrissey had been cast as The Governor, a major antagonist in the comic series. Morrissey will be a main cast member in the third season, which begins production in the first quarter of 2012.

Don't click if you don't read the comics
Spoiler [+]
The budget cheap AMC has given the show makes me worry if they'll even go to the prison and if they do they'll end their time there the way it was done in the comics, same goes for their time was ended at the farm. If they're too cheap to pay for make up I don't know if they'll use the wave of zombies to drive them out of the farm despite showing a mini wave of them when they were on the highway.

I'm thinking they may just use the Governor's men to drive them off the farm and if they go to the prison possibly do similar there until they all just go on the road again.

I really wish Kirkman has the group go to a city again so I can see how that dynamic is handled if they stay for a longer period of time. I honestly just want to see a zombie infested NYC with humans still trying to live there.

Don't click if you don't read the comics
Spoiler [+]
The budget cheap AMC has given the show makes me worry if they'll even go to the prison and if they do they'll end their time there the way it was done in the comics, same goes for their time was ended at the farm. If they're too cheap to pay for make up I don't know if they'll use the wave of zombies to drive them out of the farm despite showing a mini wave of them when they were on the highway.

I'm thinking they may just use the Governor's men to drive them off the farm and if they go to the prison possibly do similar there until they all just go on the road again.

I really wish Kirkman has the group go to a city again so I can see how that dynamic is handled if they stay for a longer period of time. I honestly just want to see a zombie infested NYC with humans still trying to live there.

Back
Top Bottom