THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

You gotta suspend your believe or the entertainment value goes down.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I haven't even cared to think about that stuff while enjoy this.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I sorta missed the last minute, what's so
eek.gif
about the prison?

that they showed it i guess
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, I'm sure most that are going 
eek.gif
 are those that are reading the comic/graphic novel.  Seeing the comic come to "life" is 
eek.gif

They certainly came correct with this finale.  The season was a little rough to get through, it stumbled to a spectacular finish.

That being said, I absolutely love the way Michonne was introduced, very well done.  Even with her two zombie "gimps", talk about attention to detail.

No way Glenn or Maggie would've died, they are pretty integral going forward.  Same with Rick, Lori and Carl.  Hershel's will soon be down to only Maggie, I'm sure T-Dog will meet his end in Prison.  His character is so useless.  I've accepted that Daryl= Tyrese.  It's too late to introduce him, but yeah, Michonne 
smokin.gif

I think the writers were forced to go the "dictator" route because they kept Shane around way too long.  In the comic, Shane and Rick were the alpha males but Shane was too big of a hot head.  It led to an early demise.  They kept Shane around for too long in the show even though he was constantly a loose screw and a thorn to the groups side.  Rick already won the groups approval while Shane was around, led to more strife.  Shane had every intention of killing Rick, but no one else saw the tension those two had or that it would reach that boiling point.  Also in the comic, Carl kills Shane.  In the show, Rick kills Shane and Carl shoots zombie/walker Shane.  So now Rick has some 'splaining to do, and his rationale has made him lose some credibility.  I like the way the writers/directors/producers solved this conundrum.

Daryl/Dale were on Rick's side cause they knew Shane was full of *%$#.  Dale died, and Daryl just didn't buy Shane's story of Randall's escape.

To compound the situation, the group also is upset with Rick's decision to keep Jenner's information from them.  They feel it was pertinent information that the group should have known  (This arc doesn't exist in the comic).

I like how loose ends were tied.  Hopefully season 3 sees a more linear story line, one that is in-line with the comic.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I sorta missed the last minute, what's so
eek.gif
about the prison?

that they showed it i guess
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, I'm sure most that are going 
eek.gif
 are those that are reading the comic/graphic novel.  Seeing the comic come to "life" is 
eek.gif

They certainly came correct with this finale.  The season was a little rough to get through, it stumbled to a spectacular finish.

That being said, I absolutely love the way Michonne was introduced, very well done.  Even with her two zombie "gimps", talk about attention to detail.

No way Glenn or Maggie would've died, they are pretty integral going forward.  Same with Rick, Lori and Carl.  Hershel's will soon be down to only Maggie, I'm sure T-Dog will meet his end in Prison.  His character is so useless.  I've accepted that Daryl= Tyrese.  It's too late to introduce him, but yeah, Michonne 
smokin.gif

I think the writers were forced to go the "dictator" route because they kept Shane around way too long.  In the comic, Shane and Rick were the alpha males but Shane was too big of a hot head.  It led to an early demise.  They kept Shane around for too long in the show even though he was constantly a loose screw and a thorn to the groups side.  Rick already won the groups approval while Shane was around, led to more strife.  Shane had every intention of killing Rick, but no one else saw the tension those two had or that it would reach that boiling point.  Also in the comic, Carl kills Shane.  In the show, Rick kills Shane and Carl shoots zombie/walker Shane.  So now Rick has some 'splaining to do, and his rationale has made him lose some credibility.  I like the way the writers/directors/producers solved this conundrum.

Daryl/Dale were on Rick's side cause they knew Shane was full of *%$#.  Dale died, and Daryl just didn't buy Shane's story of Randall's escape.

To compound the situation, the group also is upset with Rick's decision to keep Jenner's information from them.  They feel it was pertinent information that the group should have known  (This arc doesn't exist in the comic).

I like how loose ends were tied.  Hopefully season 3 sees a more linear story line, one that is in-line with the comic.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tumblr_lw6hivxbbs1r8qooyo1_400.jpg

Originally Posted by theDEEK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tumblr_lw6hivxbbs1r8qooyo1_400.jpg

So if he knew why would he not finish Shane off...what if Carl was pie
laugh.gif

he wanted to see for himself for once (if Jenner was right or crazy). 
plus he really didn't get the chance, Carl just snuck up on him. 

So if he knew why would he not finish Shane off...what if Carl was pie
laugh.gif

he wanted to see for himself for once (if Jenner was right or crazy). 
plus he really didn't get the chance, Carl just snuck up on him. 

the actual CDC is prepared for the possibility of a zombie apocalypse....
http://blogs.cdc.gov/publ...s-101-zombie-apocalypse/

[h1]Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse[/h1]
Categories: General

May 16th, 2011 11:48 am ET  -  Ali S. Khan

Walking Dead fans, check out our latest post: http://go.usa.gov/Q4J
icon_out.png

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.

A Brief History of Zombies
We’ve all seen at least one movie about flesh-eating zombies taking over (my personal favorite isResident Evil ), but where do zombies come from and why do they love eating brains so much? The word zombie comes from Haitian and New Orleans voodoo origins. Although its meaning has changed slightly over the years, it refers to a human corpse mysteriously reanimated to serve the undead. Through ancient voodoo and folk-lore traditions, shows like the Walking Dead were born.

A couple dressed as zombies - Danny Zucco and Sandy Olsson from the movie Grease walking in the annual Toronto Zombie Walk.

In movies, shows, and literature, zombies are often depicted as being created by an infectious virus, which is passed on via bites and contact with bodily fluids. Harvard psychiatrist Steven Schlozman wrote a (fictional) medical paper on the zombies presented inNight of the Living Dead  and refers to the condition as Ataxic Neurodegenerative Satiety Deficiency Syndrome caused by an infectious agent. The Zombie Survival Guide  identifies the cause of zombies as a virus called solanum. Other zombie origins shown in films include radiation from a destroyed NASA  Venus  probe (as in Night of the Living Dead ), as well as mutations of existing conditions such as prions mad-cow disease measles  and rabies .

The rise of zombies in pop culture has given credence to the idea that a zombie apocalypse could happen. In such a scenario zombies would take over entire countries, roaming city streets eating anything living that got in their way. The proliferation of this idea has led many people to wonder “How do I prepare for a zombie apocalypse?

the actual CDC is prepared for the possibility of a zombie apocalypse....
http://blogs.cdc.gov/publ...s-101-zombie-apocalypse/

[h1]Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse[/h1]
Categories: General

May 16th, 2011 11:48 am ET  -  Ali S. Khan

Walking Dead fans, check out our latest post: http://go.usa.gov/Q4J
icon_out.png

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.

A Brief History of Zombies
We’ve all seen at least one movie about flesh-eating zombies taking over (my personal favorite isResident Evil ), but where do zombies come from and why do they love eating brains so much? The word zombie comes from Haitian and New Orleans voodoo origins. Although its meaning has changed slightly over the years, it refers to a human corpse mysteriously reanimated to serve the undead. Through ancient voodoo and folk-lore traditions, shows like the Walking Dead were born.

A couple dressed as zombies - Danny Zucco and Sandy Olsson from the movie Grease walking in the annual Toronto Zombie Walk.

In movies, shows, and literature, zombies are often depicted as being created by an infectious virus, which is passed on via bites and contact with bodily fluids. Harvard psychiatrist Steven Schlozman wrote a (fictional) medical paper on the zombies presented inNight of the Living Dead  and refers to the condition as Ataxic Neurodegenerative Satiety Deficiency Syndrome caused by an infectious agent. The Zombie Survival Guide  identifies the cause of zombies as a virus called solanum. Other zombie origins shown in films include radiation from a destroyed NASA  Venus  probe (as in Night of the Living Dead ), as well as mutations of existing conditions such as prions mad-cow disease measles  and rabies .

The rise of zombies in pop culture has given credence to the idea that a zombie apocalypse could happen. In such a scenario zombies would take over entire countries, roaming city streets eating anything living that got in their way. The proliferation of this idea has led many people to wonder “How do I prepare for a zombie apocalypse?

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by NRitsuh

For anyone whose interested. Heres a really good podcast about a zombie survival story. I picked it up a while ago from NT. Somethin to keep you going after tonights finale

You can check it out on itunes, it's called "We're Alive" or this link

http://www.zombiepodcast....dcast/WereAliveMain.html

I used to listen to this, but I stopped at the part where they were stuck on the boat.  Do they put them out regularly or has it come to an end?
Season 3 of We're Alive just started. 

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by NRitsuh

For anyone whose interested. Heres a really good podcast about a zombie survival story. I picked it up a while ago from NT. Somethin to keep you going after tonights finale

You can check it out on itunes, it's called "We're Alive" or this link

http://www.zombiepodcast....dcast/WereAliveMain.html

I used to listen to this, but I stopped at the part where they were stuck on the boat.  Do they put them out regularly or has it come to an end?
Season 3 of We're Alive just started. 

Originally Posted by 650sGABE

This show is mad overrated. I caught up on all of the episodes within the last week, and to me, it just seems like everything is too predictable. I'm probably just going to get into the comics instead.

Have you been in this thread all season? We hate it half the time too.
laugh.gif

We just learn to deal with it cuz zombies > *
....and they do manage to get their *%$@ together every once in a while.
I'm holdin out hope that we get a whole season like the last 3 episodes...better even.

This show is mad overrated. I caught up on all of the episodes within the last week, and to me, it just seems like everything is too predictable. I'm probably just going to get into the comics instead.

laugh.gif

I'm holdin out hope that we get a whole season like the last 3 episodes...better even.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif

Man if they suffer more budget cuts due to another AMC show... I'm out. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif

Man if they suffer more budget cuts due to another AMC show... I'm out. 

Something I read on another message board that I found funny/interesting...they're all infected, right? So say Lori had a miscarriage...does the baby turn and eat her from the inside out? I'd enjoy that thoroughly.

Something I read on another message board that I found funny/interesting...they're all infected, right? So say Lori had a miscarriage...does the baby turn and eat her from the inside out? I'd enjoy that thoroughly.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I'm sorry but I have to call @#%@@!%$ on this entire show as much as I love it.

You mean to tell me that a horde(s) of zombies overwhelmed and overran the ENTIRE United States Military? What did the zombies hop in air-planes and kamikaze our Destroyers and our Air Craft carriers as well? Our navy alone can level entire countries with a touch of a button. 
laugh.gif

What about our fortified military bases that have weapons that can kill anything from miles out? They can detect ANYTHING approaching the base from hundreds of miles out with satellites.

you've got weaponry that can absolutely mow down ANYTHING approaching our bases.

Furthermore the real CDC has corralled highly infectious air-borne diseases (the bird flu) before widespread casualties.

The plot holes are not acceptable. I JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THE INCONSISTENCIES *Shoots self in head*.

BTW a lot of these ideas are not mine.....I got em from http://www.walkingdeadfor...come-overrun-2153-2.html but I was already thinking about this stuff.
It's possible to be a carrier of the virus and not have symptoms. right now we're lead to believe everyone is a carrier.

Here's how it works:

1. Virus is created and infects people
2. Those infected can experience symptoms or no symptoms but either way the virus is airborne/spread by contact and everyone is a carrier.
3. Those who experience symptoms have "the fever" which apparently kills you in 12-48 hours.
4. Those who do not experience symptoms (Like Rick and his family) are can live normally until they die
5. Upon death you are reanimated into a zombie within 3 minutes to 8 hours
6. Those reanimated carry a mutated more potent strain of the virus (blood coagulating induces this, remember the brain going dark in the CDC's playback of what the virus does) which when passed to a living person via scratch, bite, sexual intercourse (
laugh.gif
) will induce the fever/flu that eventually kills you

-Given the low rate of survivors we can infer that most people were not asymptomatic and DID contract the fever
-Those with the fever (let's be generous and say 70% of those infected) die within 48 hours and turn into walking flesh eating killers
-The 30% of asymptomatic people are left to not get scratched or bit by the 70% of people who contracted the fever

So given the scenario, no matter how fortified the military base, bunker, or air craft carrier, you're still going to be outnumbered at least 2 to 1 which makes everyone @#%@##. If we're to believe what Jenner said at the CDC, about how quickly the virus spread (I think it was total global wipeout in 90 days) there would have been no time to setup a quarantine zone since the virus spreads exponentially. How fast would people realize that there had to be major trauma to the head to stop someone from reanimating? By the time most people figured this out they would have been bit/scratched or killed, adding to the total number of undead.

The scenario is believable enough for me given this is still a work of fiction.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I'm sorry but I have to call @#%@@!%$ on this entire show as much as I love it.

You mean to tell me that a horde(s) of zombies overwhelmed and overran the ENTIRE United States Military? What did the zombies hop in air-planes and kamikaze our Destroyers and our Air Craft carriers as well? Our navy alone can level entire countries with a touch of a button. 
laugh.gif

What about our fortified military bases that have weapons that can kill anything from miles out? They can detect ANYTHING approaching the base from hundreds of miles out with satellites.

you've got weaponry that can absolutely mow down ANYTHING approaching our bases.

Furthermore the real CDC has corralled highly infectious air-borne diseases (the bird flu) before widespread casualties.

The plot holes are not acceptable. I JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THE INCONSISTENCIES *Shoots self in head*.

BTW a lot of these ideas are not mine.....I got em from http://www.walkingdeadfor...come-overrun-2153-2.html but I was already thinking about this stuff.
It's possible to be a carrier of the virus and not have symptoms. right now we're lead to believe everyone is a carrier.

Here's how it works:

1. Virus is created and infects people
2. Those infected can experience symptoms or no symptoms but either way the virus is airborne/spread by contact and everyone is a carrier.
3. Those who experience symptoms have "the fever" which apparently kills you in 12-48 hours.
4. Those who do not experience symptoms (Like Rick and his family) are can live normally until they die
5. Upon death you are reanimated into a zombie within 3 minutes to 8 hours
6. Those reanimated carry a mutated more potent strain of the virus (blood coagulating induces this, remember the brain going dark in the CDC's playback of what the virus does) which when passed to a living person via scratch, bite, sexual intercourse (
laugh.gif
) will induce the fever/flu that eventually kills you

-Given the low rate of survivors we can infer that most people were not asymptomatic and DID contract the fever
-Those with the fever (let's be generous and say 70% of those infected) die within 48 hours and turn into walking flesh eating killers
-The 30% of asymptomatic people are left to not get scratched or bit by the 70% of people who contracted the fever

So given the scenario, no matter how fortified the military base, bunker, or air craft carrier, you're still going to be outnumbered at least 2 to 1 which makes everyone @#%@##. If we're to believe what Jenner said at the CDC, about how quickly the virus spread (I think it was total global wipeout in 90 days) there would have been no time to setup a quarantine zone since the virus spreads exponentially. How fast would people realize that there had to be major trauma to the head to stop someone from reanimating? By the time most people figured this out they would have been bit/scratched or killed, adding to the total number of undead.

The scenario is believable enough for me given this is still a work of fiction.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom