The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Damn he axed his whole second verse in the video?! That's like taking a sharpie and going ham all over Mona Lisa or some ****.

Voice reminds me of Michael Jackson sometimes, it's weird because in my head I see Michael, but it's Abel....I hear it more on the Trilogy more and you can notice it in more tracks than just "D.D.". Remastered :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

I gave in and downloaded the leak :smh:

Still picking up a physical regardless of course. I'll go ahead and listen to the leak later today after I sleep.

sounds like they cut out the weeknd's middle verse them put drake's in the middle then put that middle verse last?
no, they cut out abel's middle verse entirely. it's just his first verse and drake's rapping verse, with an added outro with some new strings & stuff at the end.

Last edited:
Man, I thought "Man remastered? $#&$ gonna sound the same..."

Boy was I wrong. Felt like I was reborn off High For This. I'm copping 3 copies. I'm giving one away to some random person on the street. They need to know. THEY NEED TO KNOW!

As soon as the physical copy is copped i will be driving around going nowhere with this **** on blast and my phone off, won't be bothered while im listening to this ****.

I like the fact that they cut the Zone down.. Song was too long IMO..

These remastered tracks make the **** sound so much better. :smokin

Honestly, Twenty Eight is my favorite out of the 3 new tracks. Gave in and DL'ed the leak but still pre-ordered my copy from Amazon. Can't wait to have that physical copy to blast in the whip. :smokin

The Zone video is fire :pimp: My favorite music vid from him so far.

Listened to the bonus tracks last night... They didn't dissapoint. :smokin Twenty Eight is something serious :smh: :pimp:

What the. I understand that if the Zone is a single it can't be classic Abel crooning away aimlessly but in general terms the lengthiness of his tracks, that's what makes him him. The buildup to most of his tracks is what makes his stuff so damn magical. I feel like without the buildup in The Zone people really won't grasp what he's all about, that climax after his second verse leading into Drake's is
sick.gif
but I don't really care either way. Also on those tracks where he just says f it, I'm not leaving the studio and just makes sounds long after his verses are through.. those ones are my favorites. i.e. Gone, The Party & After Party etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom