The Whole "wife falls off when they get married thing........."

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

You are attracted to them from jump...thats why you go out/talk whatever...after you get to know them yes you are still attracted to them but imo its not the reason you love them...you love them because of who they are
We'll have to agree to disagree then..... because I don't agree with that
laugh.gif

And I didn't say it was THE reason or the only reason....
And like I said you do love them for who they are... which consists of many different things.... including personality.... as well as appearance (at least forme)

For me at least you love how gorgeous they are.... how they look different then other girls..... etc etc
Therefore..... if they fall off & all that changes.... that's BAD NEWS

You are attracted to them from jump...thats why you go out/talk whatever...after you get to know them yes you are still attracted to them but imo its not the reason you love them...you love them because of who they are...i never said looks don't matter...

Wouldn't that be contradiction? I mean doesn't "the way they look" go with "who they are"?

The way I look, also makes me who I am. When females are attracted to my looks, they are also attracted to who I am correct?

You are attracted to them from jump...thats why you go out/talk whatever...after you get to know them yes you are still attracted to them but imo its not the reason you love them...you love them because of who they are...i never said looks don't matter...
what if they don't own a suit?

Originally Posted by knightngale

what if they don't own a suit?

then it won't work...

Wouldn't that be contradiction? I mean doesn't "the way they look" go with "who they are"?

The way I look, also makes me who I am. When females are attracted to my looks, they are also attracted to who I am correct?
i don't see the contradiction...i can be attracted to you physically and not like the person you are...or you could be the perfect guy butyour looks aren't all the way there for me to want to take it to that level...i don't really see how your looks make you who you are...

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Exactly what I was saying.... just in a different (easier) way
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i don't really see how your looks make you who you are...
Huh??
They don't MAKE anything...
Your looks ARE who you are...

i don't see the contradiction...i can be attracted to you physically and not like the person you are...or you could be the perfect guy but your looks aren't all the way there for me to want to take it to that level...i don't really see how your looks make you who you are...

I'm not saying that is the only thing that makes you who you are... just saying it's apart of you are! Know what I mean? Here's anexample:

My girl loves my laugh (I personally HATE my laugh) but she's always telling me that she loves that about me. Loving my laugh concludes into lovingsomething about me... get what i'm saying? The way you look, the things you do, the way you act, sleep, talk... even laugh all make up of who you are.

i'm big on please...he hates it but i've always been that way...i almost always say it...

thats the thing. it was never a big deal before, why's would it be a big deal now?

I can see how someone might say looks are one of the reasons they love a person.. but it's that personality that maintains that love cuz you know $@@%starts to look plain when you see them everyday.

If u really care about her then appearance should not matter. My girl isn't the same when we first met but I don't care. My baby cleans up nice so Icould care less how she goes out but I aint gon let her go out lookin dirty. Some of yall dudes think that make up is a 24/7 thing along w/ heels, the nicetight fittin clothes and lookin A+ all the time, yall livin in a fairy tale world and need to wake up.

Ya woman is gon work ya last nerve, that's what they do. I'm not tryna infantilize em but they act like kids, wanna see how far they can push you likeit's a game. I had to learn that the hard way.

Originally Posted by hell0o

I can see how someone might say looks are one of the reasons they love a person.. but it's that personality that maintains that love cuz you know $@@% starts to look plain when you see them everyday.
Yeah... I can agree with that.
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

If u really care about her then appearance should not matter. My girl isn't the same when we first met but I don't care.
Why should it not matter though?
One of the reasons you are in a relationship with a person is because of how they look.... I mean would you be in a relationship with a girl who you feel is a3 on a scale of 1 to 10? I'm assuming the likely answer is no....

I mean understand personality is more important then looks.... I think most all people can agree on that...

I'm not down playing looks at all but to say they make you who you are i cant really agree with that. I see what you guys are getting at I guess I justdon't agree.

^ Nah... don't get it twisted, I agree of what you're trying to put out, and I completely understand.

Just giving a shout-out of the way I view things.

staying in shape and personality are the things for me.

personally speaking, my ex (just broke up, went out for 3+ years) stopped dressing up, getting made up, or doing her hair. she may have gained 5 or 10 pounds(only noticed in pictures from a few years ago. seeing her everyday i didn't notice, but her face was definitely thinner), but that didn't reallybother me either.

i myself fell off hard. i stopped working out after being a gym rat, and lost a lot of muscle and gained some undesired weight. i didn't cut my hair for 2years and rarely shaved.

personality was our undoing. both of us changed too much for each other.

but as far as getting dolled up, i don't see the big deal. don't need to wait an hour to go to the diner, or guys beasting over her left and right. aslong as she does for the proper occasion, she doesn't need to everyday.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by j671

Question is, do you love her for her ,or the way she looks?
That's a stupid question..... the way your BF/GF/spouse looks is one of the reasons you love them.....
attracted yes...love...i don't think so...

And I would argue looks are one of the reasons you love person.... at least it is for me.....
Looks are 1 of many reasons to love someone.... it's just another characteristic.... just like you love someone for their personality....

yep. i can't get to loving someone if my attraction to them isn't off the charts. that
embarassed.gif
factor isneeded to proceed..

My whole thing on this topic is if I'm bustin my assets in the gym tryna look right for you...and myself you should do the same thing...2way streetI'll love you no matter what(in most cases) but I wanna love the person I fell in love with for the most part...if I put on weight or get lax let me knowand I'll fix it! Guess its a pride thing as well...

Originally Posted by JayJay414

My whole thing on this topic is if I'm bustin my assets in the gym tryna look right for you...and myself you should do the same thing...2way street I'll love you no matter what(in most cases) but I wanna love the person I fell in love with for the most part...if I put on weight or get lax let me know and I'll fix it! Guess its a pride thing as well...
pimp.gif

women should want to keep themselves up for their own selves. as well as men. men and women come and go. what you dont like another person will.

Originally Posted by JayJay414

My whole thing on this topic is if I'm bustin my assets in the gym tryna look right for you...and myself you should do the same thing...2way street I'll love you no matter what(in most cases) but I wanna love the person I fell in love with for the most part...if I put on weight or get lax let me know and I'll fix it! Guess its a pride thing as well...
I pretty much agree with this. I'm very fit ..I workout and play sports.
But say one day I let myself go (won't happen lol..hypothetically) and you yourself have let yourself go..you better not say !$$@ to me about a divorce!
laugh.gif

dont argue with what I said cuz I'm not going to reply.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

single ftw

hell nah.

an with this swine flu goin around, hell nah even more.

Nah, I dont think this is goin on with my chick......if anything she cares too much. It gets very annoying.

Like 2 weeks ago when we were getting her new car the salesman/ actually the sales manager because at this point we were in the office talking/doing paper work. The guy was talking to us and he randomly was like "man, look at your arms, you must go to the gym a lot" in the middle of the convo about like extended warranty..... I did the bs chuckle like "haha, you know.." my gf just sat that didnt say anything. Later on she was like that was unprofressional of him because your in shape an im fat? Im like wth? Relax. She be buggin that *#^# pisses me off.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

imo i think a girl shud always look good for her guy. My boyfriend and i have been dating for three years and im always tryna come up wit new and differentways to look pretty. the most important thing though is lookin good for myself. Also if u do have a girl that constantly looks good for u....complement her!!!!A lil "babe u lookin good today" goes a long way.
smile.gif

You have to keep her in shape.
Eating the right foods
Working out
And YOU have to do the same

Find a woman that buys into the system and you are fine

Back
Top Bottom