THEE OFFICIAL 2012 NBA CHAMPIONS OFFSEASON THREAD! RAY ALLEN, WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

Trading away our Pick in my opinion was a smart move .... riles said it best "we were looking to see if we can add a quality piece to our team, we didn't, so we gained a quality asset. We're gonna need cap room to avoid a luxury tax, which we made the first steps to by trading our 1st round pick. In addition, Shuttlesworth will come at a price because the C's will probably do their best to retain him or at least offer and asking price that he'll strongly consider. 

Originally Posted by h3at23

Bosh out for Olys too

Thank you. Now for Lebron to get a mysterious ailment
pimp.gif

Gonna miss Turiaf for some strange reason
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Mony can be better spent elsewhere though

This is Pittman's last chance to develop into something, he's probably still not in the type of shape he should be in

Damn, Turiaf IMO was probably the lessest of the evils in the Heat's center rotation.

The Heat are totally $#%!+% now on the center position. Pittman isn't worth +*@$. He got an opportunity to start against Indiana in the playoffs in that must-win game 4 when they were down 2-1 and he literally couldn't last more than 3 minutes. His effort was pathetic, immediately allowing offensive rebounds.

Justin Hamilton looks solid in that workout video. Very good offensive skill set from what I see and looks to be a threat from 15 feet out. I would like to see him in a game situation playing defense and rebounding the ball. As a Heat he will need to be well conditioned and fit in on defense more so than anything else.

J'Covan Brown looks decent, but he appears to be another undersized combo guard who can score. He'll have to make the team on his energy on the defensive end. I'll be surprised to see him in a Heat uniform come November because of guys like Chalmers, Cole and Harris.

Other than that the Miami Heat don't have to do anything major...

All the analyst are gonna tell you that the Miami Heat need to get bigger... but bigger is not always better. Bigger is slower and the strength of this Miami Heat team is its speed. I'll actually take a Brandon Bass type player over Ray Allen at this point. He's younger, has great hands, athletic, and can run with this Miami Heat team.

Ray Allen is nice, but he wont make or break this team. If he does decide to come, I see him as instant offense from the bench. He can be a leader on the 2nd team and close out games. This will help the Heat when we're having offensive lulls and give us stability on the 2nd unit. By playing him off the bench it helps preserve him through the grind of the regular season. The biggest downside is his age. will he be able to make it through a whole season healthy?
In Riles we trust
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

This will help the Heat when we're having offensive lulls and give us stability on the 2nd unit. 
That was the Heat's biggest problem. Being able to pull LeBron off the court and maintain the scoring. They'd sit him and bring in Bosh/Wade, but Wade wasn't as effective this season, so that lineup wasn't quite getting it done.

The main reason we need Shuttlesworth is to rest Wade. A 1-2 punch of Ray and Wade is lethal. That's why i ultimately believe he will sign here. The celtics can promise him money, we can promise him playing time and a role in controlling his championship destiny. Do it Riles!

I hear that the Celtics have offered Ray twice as much money as the Heat can offer him. Gotta admire their persistence. Instead of finally bowing down and entering a rebuilding period around Rondo, they still think they can compete for a championship with a backbone of players who are too old.

It will be interesting to see what he prioritizes more. I would certainly understand if he took the $6 mil more he would make with Celtics over the next two seasons, but Ray seems like a smart classy dude who won't have financial problems once he retires. A job as a coach or analyst wouldn't be too hard to find for him.

As much as I would like us to sign Ray Ray, money talks in this league and he seems like a loyal dude. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Solid upside on Hamilton but I agree his athleticism is definitely not his strong suit. Has very nice range for a big man but I question what he'll have to offer from the defensive end more so.

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

Justin Hamilton looks solid in that workout video. Very good offensive skill set from what I see and looks to be a threat from 15 feet out. I would like to see him in a game situation playing defense and rebounding the ball. As a Heat he will need to be well conditioned and fit in on defense more so than anything else.

J'Covan Brown looks decent, but he appears to be another undersized combo guard who can score. He'll have to make the team on his energy on the defensive end. I'll be surprised to see him in a Heat uniform come November because of guys like Chalmers, Cole and Harris.

Other than that the Miami Heat don't have to do anything major...

All the analyst are gonna tell you that the Miami Heat need to get bigger... but bigger is not always better. Bigger is slower and the strength of this Miami Heat team is its speed. I'll actually take a Brandon Bass type player over Ray Allen at this point. He's younger, has great hands, athletic, and can run with this Miami Heat team.

Ray Allen is nice, but he wont make or break this team. If he does decide to come, I see him as instant offense from the bench. He can be a leader on the 2nd team and close out games. This will help the Heat when we're having offensive lulls and give us stability on the 2nd unit. By playing him off the bench it helps preserve him through the grind of the regular season. The biggest downside is his age. will he be able to make it through a whole season healthy?
In Riles we trust
pimp.gif
Spottie be knowin ...... well put good sir!

Back
Top Bottom